Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

How can i record with Dynamic mic on BeoCord 2400?

rated by 0 users
This post has 1 Reply | 1 Follower

Spejderman
Not Ranked
Posts 1
Bronze Member
Spejderman Posted: Fri, Nov 6 2015 12:00 AM

Hello everyone

I have acquired myself a lovely BeoCord 2400, which i intend to make some home recordings on. 

However!! Every input is 5 pin din, and i want to use my SM57 & SM58 dynamic mics, which are 3 pin XLR. I have been exploring the web intensively and it doesn't seem to be a common problem. I have tried it before with an old cable, which unfortunately gave up, and it worked fine at that time.

I'm guessing that i will need to make a cable myself, but i also can't seem to find a diagram for the soldering.

So i guess i'm asking. How can this be done? And would it maybe also possible to solder a cable with a female jack, and plug an electric guitar directly into those first class amps and echo?

I hope you can help me...

Dave Farr
Top 50 Contributor
France
Posts 2,283
Gold Member
I'd try to contact Steve at Sounds Heavenly. He can usually make any cable needed, new and old.

You can contact him via his website in the banner at the bottom of these pages. Explain what you want to do and he may come up with a custom cable or adaptor/converter of some description. He likes a new challenge.

Dave.

Page 1 of 1 (2 items) | RSS