Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

Beovision 11 replacement

rated by 0 users
This post has 90 Replies | 5 Followers

Razlaw
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 4,345
Bronze Member
Razlaw replied on Wed, Nov 11 2015 8:49 PM
There is a new B and O dealer in the Chicago area, in the southern suburbs.

Beolab 28s Beolab 9s Beolab 12-3s Beolab 1s Beolab 6000s 2 pairs Beolab 4000s Beovision 7-55 Beovision 10-40 Beoplay V1 32 inch Beovision Avant 32 inch Beosound 1 (CD player) Beosound 3000 Beosound 5 Core Essence MKII Beoplay M5

linder
Top 100 Contributor
United States
Posts 983
Bronze Member
linder replied on Wed, Nov 11 2015 9:33 PM

Razlaw:
There is a new B and O dealer in the Chicago area, in the southern suburbs.

It is not listed on the map.  The next closest to Chicago is Cincinnati.  http://stores.bang-olufsen.com/united-states/bang-olufsen-fountain-square/

At least 4 stores were closed recently I think in Colorado, Chicago, and Minnesota.  Maybe there is a plan to open a new store in downtown Chicago.  Apple is putting in a new store on Michigan ave which is going to be really cool.  The old Apple store was just too crowded.  I find it completely strange the B&O doesn't have a store in the downtown are.  The metro area has a population of about 8 million.

Razlaw
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 4,345
Bronze Member
Razlaw replied on Wed, Nov 11 2015 10:51 PM

The store you mention were part of a group of stores that changed their name to sell home automation. When the Chicago store closed, I received an email from Bang and Olufsen directing me to the new dealer.

http://www.sounddesigninc.com/

Beolab 28s Beolab 9s Beolab 12-3s Beolab 1s Beolab 6000s 2 pairs Beolab 4000s Beovision 7-55 Beovision 10-40 Beoplay V1 32 inch Beovision Avant 32 inch Beosound 1 (CD player) Beosound 3000 Beosound 5 Core Essence MKII Beoplay M5

Paul W
Top 75 Contributor
London
Posts 1,810
Bronze Member
Paul W replied on Wed, Nov 11 2015 11:10 PM

That sounds interesting Erik but gosh, they are taking their time in a super sonic fast paced environment.

It's interesting how Loewe have only 4K Tvs in their range. Hamstring or whatever that funny TV panel company is called are supplying the panels - is that good or really really bad???? but still all assembly is kept in house at Loewe in Germany.

linder
Top 100 Contributor
United States
Posts 983
Bronze Member
linder replied on Wed, Nov 11 2015 11:18 PM

Razlaw:

The store you mention were part of a group of stores that changed their name to sell home automation. When the Chicago store closed, I received an email from Bang and Olufsen directing me to the new dealer.

http://www.sounddesigninc.com/

Thanks for the information.  I have never heard of Plainfield, Illinois which is where this dealer is.  I think I will continue with Abt electronics and see what happens. 

Roger
Top 200 Contributor
Norway
Posts 417
Bronze Member
Roger replied on Mon, Nov 16 2015 12:16 PM

ErikVonAgnar's information is correct with respect to the new and next tv from Struer. It seems more elegant than the V1 with use of aluminum and not just painted steel.

But I would probably buy a BV11 today anyway. 4K is better than 3D, but not by much these days: I have installed a Nvidia Shield TV that works great with my Avant in providing 4k, and as I have a 75" screen I can actually see an improvement (on some, not all) 4k content vs 1080p. I saw a review of the Nvidia Shield TV box and they concluded that 4k did not matter that much on screen sizes up to and including 55" with a normal viewing distance. I second that, as I have had a 55" Avant as well.

So you could wait till next summer to get a close-to-as-elegant-as-the-BV11 replacement for the V1 with 4k capability, or simply buy a stunning BV11 today and skip the frustration of lacking 4k material for years to come.

Roger

badgersurf
Top 150 Contributor
Posts 539
Gold Member
badgersurf replied on Mon, Nov 16 2015 12:45 PM

Thanks for the update. Any idea on sizes? Will there be a  40" version?

Thanks

Paul W
Top 75 Contributor
London
Posts 1,810
Bronze Member
Paul W replied on Mon, Nov 16 2015 12:56 PM

I simply do not agree that people will have to wait many years for 4K content. the iPhone 6s is shooting in 4K, i've been using Sony AX100 cameras since 2013 for 4K, VIMEO offers 4K downloads - my favourite skate boarding film is filmed in 6K and 4K using RED cameras and will be available to buy as a 4K Download this winter. It's VERY VERY VERY misleading to us youngsters to say that 4K content availability is years away. Only old traditional methods such as Sky or the BBC may be far way but please realise that many people now receive content from other platforms rather than prehistoric things like the BBC and SKY. It's the young, creative broadband generation that are the future of broadcasting now, not these old boring dogs!

fredpert
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 103
Bronze Member
fredpert replied on Mon, Nov 16 2015 1:01 PM

I completely agree with Roger! I also have a BV11 for almost a year now and it's ticking all the boxes.

Picture quality is stunning and I don't see what 4K would bring for that kind of screen size.

Sound is amazing for both movies and music.

Design is timeless (better than Avant 55 imho)

The ability to control everything with only one remote (Beoremote One is great) is so convenient on a day to day usage.

The only thing I'm waiting for is the integration of Apple music as they already did with Spotify and Deezer but not sure it will come as Apple music is integrated in the Apple tv...

Best

Fred

FREDPERT

BeoVision 11-46 full black - BeoRemote One

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
Posts 14,680
Gold Member

Thanks Roger - I nearly had stopped hoping, that this would come.

I guess they - at the moment - are in great doubts in Struer, how they should handle the tv section in the future.

As long as they implement a genuine B&O audio engine in future tv's, I won't complain!

A 46 or 55" version of that new BV will be fine for me ;-)

MM

There is a tv - and there is a BV

Chris Townsend
Top 50 Contributor
Qatar
Posts 3,531
Bronze Member

I've just been around Harrods again on my pre xmas jolly, checking out all the latest and greatest. I'm aware there is a difference between the showroom and home, but the 11 looked a very dated picture compared to the LG OLED UHD TVs.

UHD just like OLED is not some far off mystical technology, it's out there and getting more affordable by the month.

Beosound Stage, Beovision 8-40, Beolit 20, Beosound Explore.

Roger
Top 200 Contributor
Norway
Posts 417
Bronze Member
Roger replied on Mon, Nov 16 2015 1:32 PM

@Chris: I'm not blind, I just have an opinion. And that is that, as stated, with a normal viewing distance the difference of today's 4k material over 1080p is marginal for screen sizes below 55". And this was in agreement with a recent review of the Nvidia box. I replaced my old 24" iMac with a new so-called-5k iMac and the difference is amazing. But this is another application of a screen with different source material. Providers such as Netflix lack colour depth/space and other qualities necessary to provide an improved viewing experience. There is little 3D material available today over the cable networks (not to mention Netflix or YouTube), so comparing it with the 3D is not absurd.

I do hope that the BeoWorld forum content will improve going forward.

Roger 

Chris Townsend
Top 50 Contributor
Qatar
Posts 3,531
Bronze Member

If I could edit my post so it didn't look like I was directly attacking you, I would Roger. But one my iPhone won't let me edit it, and two the waitress has made me drink too much red !Embarrassed

Chris Townsend
Top 50 Contributor
Qatar
Posts 3,531
Bronze Member

Done. BlackBerry Passport to the rescue. 

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
Posts 14,680
Gold Member

Paul W:

...It's the young, creative broadband generation that are the future of broadcasting now, not these old boring dogs!

You are right - but it all depends on how near this future is?

For 'youngsters' like you (with your viewing preferences) it may be pretty near.

For me - and probably a lot others - it is still far away.

If it pleases you to call us 'old dogs', I am fine - 'old dogs' can still bark (roar!).

A couple of pseudo-4K movies on Netflix and some (for me) totally uninteresting skateboarding films etc doesn't do the job.

What I watch online (which is pretty much nowadays!) is often very far from being 4K - if it only would be FullHD, I wouldn't complain at all.

Most people agree, that it is a lot more interesting to watch 4K content, if you have a tv/display with 75" or more (....waiting for the UHD/Bluray to come).

However, a tv this size you mostly only find by the 'old dogs'.

'The young, creative broadband generation' seem to be pleased with their mobile devices of max 13" - pretty much the heaviest, that you can take with you on the go. How should they benefit from more pixels?

Just my two woofs.

MM

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
Posts 14,680
Gold Member

Chris Townsend:

UHD just like OLED is not some far off mystical technology, it's out there and getting more affordable by the month.

UHD is about more pixels - OLED is a different (better) way of making displays.

To me an OLED-based 1080P BV would for a while be completely sufficient.

Of course - if it is big enough, I'd pick one with more pixels/4K.

HDR and WCG technologies are much more interesting than merely more pixels.

MM

Chris Townsend
Top 50 Contributor
Qatar
Posts 3,531
Bronze Member
Hot off the press. The 11 WILL get a 4K screen mid 2016.

The V1 replacement won't be a Play product, but will be cheaper than the V1, and 4K.....

BeoGreg
Top 75 Contributor
South of France
Posts 1,417
Bronze Member
BeoGreg replied on Mon, Nov 16 2015 4:18 PM
Chris Townsend:

The V1 replacement won't be a Play product, but will be cheaper than the V1, and 4K..... Beovision 7-55 Mk2, Beovision 8-32, Avant RF 28, Beolab 9, Beolit 15, Beoplay A2, Beocom 2, Beotime, H6, Form 2.

You got vodka after red wine ?
Chris Townsend
Top 50 Contributor
Qatar
Posts 3,531
Bronze Member
I will later. Honest gov it's true.Yes - thumbs up

The Beonic Man
Top 150 Contributor
Bristol
Posts 812
Gold Member

Millemissen:

Paul W:

...It's the young, creative broadband generation that are the future of broadcasting now, not these old boring dogs!

You are right - but it all depends on how near this future is?

For 'youngsters' like you (with your viewing preferences) it may be pretty near.

For me - and probably a lot others - it is still far away.

If it pleases you to call us 'old dogs', I am fine - 'old dogs' can still bark (roar!).

A couple of pseudo-4K movies on Netflix and some (for me) totally uninteresting skateboarding films etc doesn't do the job.

What I watch online (which is pretty much nowadays!) is often very far from being 4K - if it only would be FullHD, I wouldn't complain at all.

Most people agree, that it is a lot more interesting to watch 4K content, if you have a tv/display with 75" or more (....waiting for the UHD/Bluray to come).

However, a tv this size you mostly only find by the 'old dogs'.

'The young, creative broadband generation' seem to be pleased with their mobile devices of max 13" - pretty much the heaviest, that you can take with you on the go. How should they benefit from more pixels?

Just my two woofs.

MM

LOL! I love your humour Millemissen! Brilliant... Made me log in to make a comment! Thanks, you have given me a new burst of energy! What has happened to my favourite brand, honestly? In years gone by I was so excited and enthused by B&O but I now find myself so completely bored and looking elsewhere for the next B&O of 2015 and beyond.

I think all I can really say at this stage, and constructively (I hope) add to the debate, is that I too, would be more than happy with an updated version of BV11. If they made it OLED and 4K I am pretty sure I would buy one. The problem is B&O are giving me ZERO choice at the moment to buy anything!!! I love my BV9 and would be happy to upgrade it and change to the next TV, but what IS the next TV? They don't have anything!!! OLED from LG is impressive certainly, but like so many hear, it is the 'B&O holistic experience' I want, so why aren't they giving it to me? Yes, I could buy an LG, but no... I don't want to, I'd rather wait for B&O to catch up... and there lies the problem... B&O are always playing catch up! What's wrong with this company?

Simon.

B&O products are V1-32, BS2, H95, E8 and an Essence remote.
11-46 now replaced with Sony A90J 65”, Sony HT-A9, Sony UBP-X800M2 and Sony SRS-NS7.

BeoGreg
Top 75 Contributor
South of France
Posts 1,417
Bronze Member
BeoGreg replied on Mon, Nov 16 2015 10:22 PM
All we've got here is very good news then. Oled bv11 and new nice "affordable" tv (hopefully 55").
BeoGreg
Top 75 Contributor
South of France
Posts 1,417
Bronze Member
BeoGreg replied on Mon, Nov 16 2015 10:23 PM
Sorry, 4k bv11 not oled ! Whent to fast.

I need a vodka.
Raeuber
Top 50 Contributor
Germany
Posts 2,542
Bronze Member
Raeuber replied on Mon, Nov 16 2015 11:11 PM
The Beonic Man:

LOL! I love your humour Millemissen! Brilliant... Made me log in to make a comment! Thanks, you have given me a new burst of energy! What has happened to my favourite brand, honestly? In years gone by I was so excited and enthused by B&O but I now find myself so completely bored and looking elsewhere for the next B&O of 2015 and beyond.

I think all I can really say at this stage, and constructively (I hope) add to the debate, is that I too, would be more than happy with an updated version of BV11. If they made it OLED and 4K I am pretty sure I would buy one. The problem is B&O are giving me ZERO choice at the moment to buy anything!!! I love my BV9 and would be happy to upgrade it and change to the next TV, but what IS the next TV? They don't have anything!!! OLED from LG is impressive certainly, but like so many hear, it is the 'B&O holistic experience' I want, so why aren't they giving it to me? Yes, I could buy an LG, but no... I don't want to, I'd rather wait for B&O to catch up... and there lies the problem... B&O are always playing catch up! What's wrong with this company?

Simon.

We can rebuild him...we have the technology.

Yes - thumbs upYes - thumbs upYes - thumbs up
BeoGreg
Top 75 Contributor
South of France
Posts 1,417
Bronze Member
BeoGreg replied on Tue, Nov 17 2015 12:37 PM
Sadly, now we know from Lee's report at the Struer factory that all the tv's are out of Denmark.

So BV11 is the last tv from Struer and I'm happy I have one (and it's a Mk2 with access panel and WISA).
rob08
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 209
Bronze Member
rob08 replied on Tue, Nov 17 2015 3:02 PM
Nice to hear about a possible update for the Bv11. Hopefully it also adds HDR as I believe that will make a larger impact picture-wise than 4K
Chris Townsend
Top 50 Contributor
Qatar
Posts 3,531
Bronze Member
Hopefully both.Yes - thumbs up

Paul W
Top 75 Contributor
London
Posts 1,810
Bronze Member
Paul W replied on Tue, Nov 17 2015 4:19 PM

This week the LG OLED 55" non 4K is priced at £1450 at Currys. There's no excuse for a £5000+ BV11 not to have this not future BUT current technology.

4K is not just about large screens, it's about the colour vibrancy. It down samples very nicely to 1080p too. Roger and MM I dare you to download WE ARE BLOOD from Vimeo just to see for yourself what can be achieved!

vikinger
Top 25 Contributor
Vestri Kirkjubyr, UK
Posts 5,422
Gold Member
vikinger replied on Tue, Nov 17 2015 6:46 PM

The HD images on the current BV11 are superb. 

There is always a supposedly better screen coming next year. Unless you want to put your face against the screen to read some newspaper small print many so called improvements are meaningless at normal viewing distances.

Graham

BeoBoy68
Top 75 Contributor
Alsace 🇨🇵
Posts 1,247
Bronze Member
BeoBoy68 replied on Wed, Nov 18 2015 1:21 AM
Chris Townsend:

The V1 replacement won't be a Play product, but will be cheaper than the V1, and 4K.....

+1 Yes - thumbs up

Informations are true !

The Beonic Man
Top 150 Contributor
Bristol
Posts 812
Gold Member

Good news!

B&O products are V1-32, BS2, H95, E8 and an Essence remote.
11-46 now replaced with Sony A90J 65”, Sony HT-A9, Sony UBP-X800M2 and Sony SRS-NS7.

Mace
Not Ranked
Posts 20
Bronze Member
Mace replied on Mon, Nov 23 2015 5:23 PM

Just an update. Thank you all for all the great inputs and thoughts on the subject.

I have just ordered an 11-46 - just have to decide on color of the fret. the TV will be delivered next week.

As someone said in the thread, when another Beovision will be released (V1 replacement) it will take nothing away from my 11.

Kind regards

reprosteve
Not Ranked
Posts 17
Bronze Member
I've had mine a month and got black surround, everybody who sees it is blown away by the sound and picture. Only problem I have is my wife keeps saying should we have gone for the 55" 😖

BV 11 46 Avant 32 VCR

Sal
Top 75 Contributor
California, USA
Posts 1,197
Bronze Member
Sal replied on Mon, Nov 23 2015 6:20 PM

Congrats to ReproSteve and Mace on their BV11's.

I've got a 55" with a Black surround (and black cloth) -- and you're right, it is just stunning. An homage to the monolith in 2001, but a lot more svelte. 

butch1
Top 200 Contributor
Posts 384
Bronze Member
butch1 replied on Mon, Nov 23 2015 7:11 PM

Paul w calling himself a "youngster" at 37 years old, you have made my day with that post. Lol

Paul W
Top 75 Contributor
London
Posts 1,810
Bronze Member
Paul W replied on Mon, Nov 23 2015 10:47 PM

Really Butch, do you feel old at that age? I feel younger than I did at 20! Mind you, i'm not married and don't have any children yet :) and i'm travelling the world next year, so I guess i'm very young :)

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
Posts 14,680
Gold Member

It was actually I, who called him 'a youngster'.

I guess that isn't that wrong compared to many of us ;-)))

....even at his age of 37.

MM

butch1
Top 200 Contributor
Posts 384
Bronze Member
butch1 replied on Tue, Nov 24 2015 5:04 PM

I simply do not agree that people will have to wait many years for 4K content. the iPhone 6s is shooting in 4K, i've been using Sony AX100 cameras since 2013 for 4K, VIMEO offers 4K downloads - my favourite skate boarding film is filmed in 6K and 4K using RED cameras and will be available to buy as a 4K Download this winter. It's VERY VERY VERY misleading to us youngsters to say that 4K content availability is years away. Only old traditional methods such as Sky or the BBC may be far way but please realise that many people now receive content from other platforms rather than prehistoric things like the BBC and SKY. It's the young, creative broadband generation that are the future of broadcasting now, not these old boring dogs!

I class a youngster to be in teens to mid 20s but that's my philosophy.Good on you at 37 calling yourself a youngster.I am the same age as you, travelled the world got all the madness out of my system then the kids and marriage came.

Bv7Mk3
Top 150 Contributor
uk
Posts 781
Bronze Member
Bv7Mk3 replied on Tue, Nov 24 2015 7:17 PM
Sky 4k is in jan. Called Sky Q.

The BBC...well depends how much of that Give Us the money Licence Fee they have left? 720p anyone? Ha Ha Ha.
ErikVonAgnar
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 193
Bronze Member

Great news!

//EA

Beo in white is my thingBig Smile

Currently own: BeoVision Avant 55", BeoLab 5, BeoLab 18, BeoRemoteOne, BeoPlay V1-32", BeoRemote4, BeoSound 3200, BeoGram 6500 (MMC-1), BeoLit 15, BeoPlay A1, LC2, BeoVision MX7000 and BeoLab 3

vikinger
Top 25 Contributor
Vestri Kirkjubyr, UK
Posts 5,422
Gold Member
vikinger replied on Fri, Dec 4 2015 10:16 AM

Paul W:

Really Butch, do you feel old at that age? I feel younger than I did at 20! Mind you, i'm not married and don't have any children yet :) and i'm travelling the world next year, so I guess i'm very young :)

"Youth is wasted on the young." George Bernard Shaw.

Graham

Page 2 of 3 (91 items) < Previous 1 2 3 Next > | RSS