Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

Using BEOMASTER 6500 with a non B&O TV

rated by 0 users
This post has 3 Replies | 1 Follower

lexxb4f
Not Ranked
Posts 2
Bronze Member
lexxb4f Posted: Mon, Nov 9 2015 11:50 AM

Hi there, 

I have been reading about this a while now and tried to figure out with other answers if this is possible, but I am still not sure. So sorry for posting a questions which was partly already answered.

I am currently looking into integrating my B&O audio system to get surround sound from my panasonic viera. 

My hardware: 

- Front speakers: 2  BEOLAB  8000 (Not sure if MK1)

- Back speakers: 2 BeoLab 3500

- Pre-amp: BEOMASTER 6500 

- TV: VIERA TX-65CX700B 

- Remotes: Beo4 Remote, beolink-7000, Panasonic TV remote

My goals: 

- I would like to get surround sound using my B&O speakers 

- I would like to use the beomaster as pre-amp

- I would like to use one remote (either panasonic or one of the B&O remotes) to handle everything, TV and Speakers... 

In former posts I already saw some solutions with new pre-amps, but most of them seem to have trouble with noise and reduced volume control for the speakers. I also saw the input about this product: http://lintronic.dk/tt455rt238.aspx. However I am not sure if this would also work to use the B&O remote to handle the panasonic tv. 

I would be glad if some smart people in this forum could guide me to exactly what I would have to buy to achieve my goal. 

Thanks

lexx

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
Posts 14,680
Gold Member

lexxb4f:

I would be glad if some smart people in this forum could guide me to exactly what I would have to buy to achieve my goal. 

Hi lexx and welcome to Beoworld,

I am sure, that if there are such 'smart people' on the forum, they could earn their living just making a guide for this and similar ;-)

First of all, for 'surround sound' you'd need some kind of pre-processor with multichannel capacities (decoding Dolby Digital etc).

The BM 6500 is a pure stereo solution - so no chance there!

And - I wonder how you want to use the BL3500's as backs - they are Link Speakers?

Sure there are possibilities there - how would you want to connect them?

As for controlling the Pana with a B&O remote - look at this:

http://shop.oneremote.dk/catalog/index.php?cPath=42_44

MM

There is a tv - and there is a BV

lexxb4f
Not Ranked
Posts 2
Bronze Member
lexxb4f replied on Mon, Nov 9 2015 5:40 PM

Hi MM, 

Thanks for your help. 

I understand the problem with the BM 6500, so I would need another AV receiver. Is there any particularly good which you could recommend?

The Remote link is very interesting, even if I am not sure how this would work, but I need to read into it. 

So I would need to purchase: 

- new AV receiver 

- The upgrade for the remote 

- all cables required

and then it should be possible to connect the system 

And - I wonder how you want to use the BL3500's as backs - they are Link Speakers?

Im not sure about this question. I have two of the BL 3500 and I would like to put them on the back of my couch and then connect them as back speakers to the surround system. Is that possible?

Thanks

Alex

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
Posts 14,680
Gold Member

lexxb4f:

....so I would need another AV receiver. Is there any particularly good which you could recommend?

....I have two of the BL 3500 and I would like to put them on the back of my couch and then connect them as back speakers to the surround system. Is that possible?

There is often a thread on the forum with this question - do a search on the site (= using BeoLabs with non-B&O receiver)

Or start here:

http://archivedforum2.beoworld.org/forums/p/17180/150655.aspx#150655

The BL3500 is a stereo speaker intended for use in a linkroom.

There are some solutions for tweaking it to act like a 'normal' B&O speaker using the BL Converter 1611 or this:

https://almando.com/index.php/b-o/beolab-3500-tv-soundbar.html

But it is still stereo and would need further tweaking to act like a single channel speaker (as one of the surrounds/backs).

Nothing that I would recommend - and I am sure you also noticed the price for the Almando!

If possible - use these BL3500's with your BeoMaster (as link-speakers) and look out for other BL's as surround/back speakers.

MM

There is a tv - and there is a BV

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS