Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

Beovox S-75....seems to be very bright and not much bass

rated by 0 users
This post has 4 Replies | 1 Follower

sailingbarry
Not Ranked
Posts 4
Bronze Member
sailingbarry Posted: Mon, Nov 9 2015 2:29 PM

Hi there. Newbie here. I have a pair of Beovox S-75's I have owned for a few months now. I recently hooked them up to my vintage Marantz 2285B (just restored). I was hoping for a better sound but these speakers seem very bright and not much bass despite my efforts to move them around. They have the speaker stands that came with them as an option. My room is rather tricky, long and open. I have played around with speaker placement as best I could to no avail. I cant help but wonder if maybe there is an issue with the speaker itself? or are these speakers inherently bright? 

Barry

Dave Farr
Top 50 Contributor
France
Posts 2,283
Gold Member

Hi Barry,

if you look under the 'Products' section and search under 'speakers, passive Beovox and scroll down for S75' it will give you more info on the speakers.  It says that they 'have a soaring top end' but with more bass emphasis than the S60 and is in fact slightly overblown in bass'.  I don't have any so can't comment directly.  Assuming the bass drivers are operational and don't have frozen voice coils, it is possible that the crossover capacitors need refreshing or they maybe just mismatched with your amp.  Have you tried them with another source?

Dave.

sailingbarry
Not Ranked
Posts 4
Bronze Member

Thanks Dave. Yes, I had these speakers originally hooked up to my HK 570i. They were still a little bright but more bearable. Perhaps they need a little TLC in the caps department? I am in Chicago and will try to see if I can find a good tech to look at them. They have never been looked after ever so maybe now is a good time to have somebody check them out. I am not the least bit technical.

Barry

Dave Farr
Top 50 Contributor
France
Posts 2,283
Gold Member
If you push the cones gently, do they move freely?

I'm not that technical either but it's worth having a look at doing it yourself. The crossovers are normally easy to get to, remove and work on with minimal soldering skills required. It's worth a look.

Dave.
sailingbarry
Not Ranked
Posts 4
Bronze Member

I will take the covers off tonight and take a peek. I will post a reply as soon as I have done that. Huge thanks for your help!

Barry

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS