Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

Beogram 4002 45rpm repair

rated by 0 users
This post has 4 Replies | 1 Follower

Rvw67
Not Ranked
Posts 14
Bronze Member
Rvw67 Posted: Mon, Nov 16 2015 12:17 PM

I currently have a 4002 that I picked up some time ago that was not working properly ( arm would not drop), we'll sorted out that problem, changed the belts and the table has been working fine and has been used daily for the past 8 months. The only problem has been with using  45rpm, I never got around to addressing it so I would like to see if I can fix the problem. The problem is as follows, if I place a 45 on the table,the arm sense's that it is a 45 and the speed changes to 45rpm and the arm drops, the speed holds at 45rpm for maybe 20 seconds and then it slows down and then goes up a bit and then down again though it never really achieves 45 rpm  again.Does anyone have any insight into where the problem may be?

thanks,john 

hamacbleu
Top 500 Contributor
Québec, Canada
Posts 194
Bronze Member
hamacbleu replied on Mon, Nov 16 2015 10:22 PM

Hi,

I do have exactly the same problem but never solved it. (I do not have 45rpm records so I stopped thinking about it..) These are three possible causes (considering the belt as been ruled out as a problem) : number 1 and 2 is not the problem on mine. But I never went on testing number 3...

1. It could be the small black pot on the control panel, which is used to control the speed. It can oxydize. You could try cleaning them or just play with them back and forth.

2. There's another pot, used to adjust the speed, one for each speed, inside the beogram (r14 and r15). Those can oxydize too... These are found under the aluminum cover, right next to the upper left of the control panel. On mine, they were changed for brand new ones.

3. Next to these speed pots, is the speed relay. A bad connection inside the relay can also bring the symptom described. On mine, I planned to change it for a new one, but never did.

Guillaume

Rvw67
Not Ranked
Posts 14
Bronze Member
Rvw67 replied on Mon, Nov 16 2015 11:50 PM

Thanks for the help, I played with the pot a bit and put a drop of contact cleaner in and worked the pot back and forth. The record 45 will now play half way through and then slow down a bit and then return to almost 45rpm's not sure if the pots bad or if maybe the relay like you suggested. 

Regards, john 

Rvw67
Not Ranked
Posts 14
Bronze Member
Rvw67 replied on Mon, Nov 16 2015 11:50 PM

Thanks for the help, I played with the pot a bit and put a drop of contact cleaner in and worked the pot back and forth. The record 45 will now play half way through and then slow down a bit and then return to almost 45rpm's not sure if the pots bad or if maybe the relay like you suggested. 

Regards, john 

Rvw67
Not Ranked
Posts 14
Bronze Member
Rvw67 replied on Mon, Nov 16 2015 11:51 PM

Regards, john 

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS