Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

Beolab 3s and setup

rated by 0 users
This post has 3 Replies | 0 Followers

synth
Top 500 Contributor
Off piste
Posts 105
Bronze Member
synth Posted: Fri, Nov 27 2015 11:30 AM

I have some BL3s but would like to ask about the finer points of operation and connectivity please.....they will be connected to a BV 8-32 via powerlink

- Do I need to provide mains power filters to each BL3 to protect against power fluctuations?

- Do I need to turn off the speakers when not in use or do I leave them powered on and will they auto switch on when they sense a signal?

- Can I use any old figure 8 power plug or are the BL3s a special size?

Any info appreciated, thanks/danke/merci/tak

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
Posts 14,680
Gold Member

No!

No!

Yes!

MM

There is a tv - and there is a BV

graemeben
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 132
Bronze Member
graemeben replied on Fri, Nov 27 2015 8:55 PM

Hi.

Sorry but I don't think this reply answers the original questions with any degree of explanation, especially as the questions are each in 2 parts. 

I have a pair of Beolab 8000 and have not as yet felt it necessary to filter the mains, but if you live in an area that has a lot of lightening activity you may need to consider this. 

The speakers should always be left on, they will automatically go into stand by once the BV8 is switch off. Likewise will switch back on with a signal.

I believe the mains cable is the usual figure of 8 that you stated and this connection seems to be universal, however please ensure the correct fuse is fitted if not standard B&O cable. 

G. 

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
Posts 14,680
Gold Member

Sorry - with the second question I should have answered: No (and yes and yes) and with the third question I should have answered: Yes (and no).

I did not notice any need for explanation - however, if someone else did, he should feel free to give the explanation at any degree.

MM

There is a tv - and there is a BV

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS