Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

Avant 32 Link compatibility

rated by 0 users
This post has 20 Replies | 1 Follower

david707
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 146
Bronze Member
david707 Posted: Mon, Nov 30 2015 11:52 AM

Using an Avant 32DVD as a link TV on an MCL system but having problems as the TV won't switch the audio master to 'aux' for video sound sources. If I plug the audio master (BC9500) directly into the 1611 converter it switches over but not via the MCL2AV. I have an LX5500 which works fine via the MCL2AV. Is there a known issue with the Avant regarding this? The Audio side is no problem - only video sources.

RaMaBo
Top 150 Contributor
near Munich
Posts 626
Gold Member
RaMaBo replied on Wed, Dec 2 2015 3:14 PM

How is the Avant connected to the MCL2AV ??

What is the option setting for the Avant? It should be set to L-OPT6 so that it gets the video sound from the main room by selecting AV L.TV or AV L-VTape.  A simple AV TV should give the link rooms TV sound.

Ralph-Marcus

david707
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 146
Bronze Member
david707 replied on Thu, Dec 3 2015 10:39 PM

RaMaBo:

How is the Avant connected to the MCL2AV ??

What is the option setting for the Avant? It should be set to L-OPT6 so that it gets the video sound from the main room by selecting AV L.TV or AV L-VTape.  A simple AV TV should give the link rooms TV sound.

The Avant is connected to the MCL2AV using a Beolink converter type 1611 and is in v.opt 6. Link is in option is 2  there is a tranceiver attached. With the LX5500 hooked up I just press AV followed by the video source as you say, and the stereo sound comes through. But with the Avant I get silence other than a slight buzzing noise indicating a connection not being made.

RaMaBo
Top 150 Contributor
near Munich
Posts 626
Gold Member
RaMaBo replied on Fri, Dec 4 2015 10:45 AM

Hmm. avery unusual setup and probably not directly supported by B&O.

The Avant has to be set to Option 6 while not beeing connected to the masterlink cable. Try this again. hen i would disconnect every B&O device of your complete setup from the mains. Then start reconnecting the devices in your mainroom one after each other to the mains. Next the MCL-2AV, then the Avant and last the Beolink converter. To 'configure' the Beolink converter you should select in your link room an audio source from your main room. if this works so far (it should as it did before i assume) you could try again  with AV-VTAPE or AV-L.DVD.

Hope this helps.

Ralph-Marcus

david707
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 146
Bronze Member

The situation has resulted from a change in my main room from Avant to BV8-40 ...and in the link room from LX5500 to the Avant. I also put an MCL system into my home when it should probably have been ML.

Thank you for the suggestions regarding the connection sequence which I will try out in this order BV8-40>1611>Beocenter 9500>MCL2AV>Avant>1611. I thought the 1611's automatically configured.

I will also try an MX4002 in place of the Avant to see if the problem is still evident with that TV. Another experiment involved taking the BC9500 into the link room and plugging it into the 1611. The Avant switched it to Aux (on the command AV-V-TAPE) no problem. So it appears the components are all working as they should but there is a compatibility or configuration issue.

I did find a way of making it work but the sequence is only acheivable on a Beo4 with the AV button and is not ideal. Source (for e.g V.TAPE) then LIST-A.AUX-AV-GO.

I would of course prefer AV-V.TAPE!

David

david707
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 146
Bronze Member
david707 replied on Wed, Dec 16 2015 10:42 AM

To update I tried an MX4002 with a similar result so no fault with the Avant. Contrary to my initial post these ML TV's are switching the audio master to AUX from the link room but the sound is not coming through (from video sources). It appears putting an ML product on the end of an MCL does not fully work so I may have to revert to an MX7000 or similar in the link room.

David

stefan
Top 50 Contributor
200 miles from Struer
Posts 2,920
Bronze Member
stefan replied on Wed, Dec 16 2015 3:26 PM

Do I understand it correctly? 

You have a BL converter (Audio Aux) connected to the TV/AUX socket of an MCL 2 AV?

On the ML side of the 1611 is your Avant connected as link TV (V.OPT 6)?.

This might be the problem: BL converter is a self configuring device. If you connect the AAL port to the 1611 to the TV/AUX socket (video device)

it will expect an audio device on the Masterlink side. There is your Avant connected (again a video source...)

It`s not tested - just a guess. But usually in an AV setup the AUXout port of an audio product is routed to AUXin of your video product. What happens if a video out (TV/AUX of MCL2 AV) is connected to another video product (AUDIO AUX LINK of your BL converter)? No sound...

As said just an idea. You can check that by resoldering the audio wires in the 7 pin DIN plugs.

Stefan

stefan
Top 50 Contributor
200 miles from Struer
Posts 2,920
Bronze Member
stefan replied on Wed, Dec 16 2015 3:30 PM

david707:

The Avant is connected to the MCL2AV using a Beolink converter type 1611 and is in v.opt 6. Link is in option is 2  there is a tranceiver attached. 

BTW_ usually you don`t need an IR transceiver on the MCL 2 AV if a BV is connected. IR will be transmitted via datalink through the BV.

Stefan

david707
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 146
Bronze Member
david707 replied on Mon, Dec 21 2015 6:55 PM

Yes BL converter 1611 connected to "TV" on the MCL2AV using 7/7 DIN cable. I have tried other cables so no fault with it.

Avant is in V.OPT 6

>>It`s not tested - just a guess. But usually in an AV setup the AUXout port of an audio product is routed to AUXin of your video product. What happens if a video out (TV/AUX of MCL2 AV) is connected to another video product (AUDIO AUX LINK of your BL converter)? No sound...<<

If the 1611 'expects' an audio device on the ML side I take it this (and the Beolink Video) will not enable ML link TV's to work on an MCL based system? They were only designed for MCL video products to work on an ML based system? 

With the Avant the audio sources come through... Radio CD Tape etc but not AUX (video sources). The switching is working (aux appears on the BC9500 display) its just the sound doesnt come through.  With the command AV - V.SOURCE followed by AV-A.AUX it does come through. There are problems with this though because pressing 'go' (to change channels for e.g) you get silence again and have to repeat the process. Either that or be content with RF sound. So I have a sort of 90% working setup.

You mention re-soldering audio wires (or perhaps have a special cable made up) how should it be wired?

Many thanks

David

david707
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 146
Bronze Member
david707 replied on Mon, Dec 21 2015 7:02 PM

>>BTW_ usually you don`t need an IR transceiver on the MCL 2 AV if a BV is connected. IR will be transmitted via datalink through the BV.<<

I have had the tranceiver disconnected and yes it works - but this way I can't select some of the options on the MCL2AV for e.g standby options. I also don't think I can select AV-A.AUX without it connected.

David

stefan
Top 50 Contributor
200 miles from Struer
Posts 2,920
Bronze Member
stefan replied on Tue, Dec 22 2015 9:48 PM

david707:

If the 1611 'expects' an audio device on the ML side I take it this (and the Beolink Video) will not enable ML link TV's to work on an MCL based system? They were only designed for MCL video products to work on an ML based system? 

The 1611 does not necessarily expect an audio product on the ML side. It depends on your setup. If it will detect a video product on the ML side like in your setup (Avant) it will expect an audio product connected to the AAL side. The AAL socket is connected to the TV/AUX socket of your MCL2 AV.

So you have connected two audio sockets via a 7pin Datalink cable. If you look at the wiring of a 7pin Datalink cable you will notice that for example left channel out of an audio system is pin1. This is connected o pin1 of the other plug - of course. Pin1 of a video system is left channel in - so this will work. If you connect two audio products this way you will connect output to output-> no sound.

Resoldering pin 1 to pin 3, pin 4 to pin 5 etc. might help. see: http://www.beoworld.org/beotech/mclconn5.htm

This way i could manage to connect a BS9000 (audiomaster AUX socket) to a BM7000 (working as a link system TV/AUX socket).

As said before: this is not tested, just an idea.... And yes, BL video 1615 is built to make older MX/LX Beovisions compatible as link BVs to ML setups.

Stefan

stefan
Top 50 Contributor
200 miles from Struer
Posts 2,920
Bronze Member
stefan replied on Tue, Dec 22 2015 9:59 PM

david707:

I have had the tranceiver disconnected and yes it works - but this way I can't select some of the options on the MCL2AV for e.g standby options. I also don't think I can select AV-A.AUX without it connected.

David

Standby mode of the MCL2 AV should be triggered via Datalink through the link Beovision...(??) Does Standby system work?

AV-A.AUX is A.AUX in videomode. This should open the TV/AUX socket. This should happen if you select a video source on your link BV....(??)

Are there Beolabs connected to MCL 2 AV ?

Stefan

david707
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 146
Bronze Member
david707 replied on Thu, Dec 24 2015 9:33 AM

stefan:

The 1611 does not necessarily expect an audio product on the ML side. It depends on your setup. If it will detect a video product on the ML side like in your setup (Avant) it will expect an audio product connected to the AAL side. The AAL socket is connected to the TV/AUX socket of your MCL2 AV.

So you have connected two audio sockets via a 7pin Datalink cable. If you look at the wiring of a 7pin Datalink cable you will notice that for example left channel out of an audio system is pin1. This is connected o pin1 of the other plug - of course. Pin1 of a video system is left channel in - so this will work. If you connect two audio products this way you will connect output to output-> no sound.

Resoldering pin 1 to pin 3, pin 4 to pin 5 etc. might help. see: http://www.beoworld.org/beotech/mclconn5.htm

This way i could manage to connect a BS9000 (audiomaster AUX socket) to a BM7000 (working as a link system TV/AUX socket).

As said before: this is not tested, just an idea.... And yes, BL video 1615 is built to make older MX/LX Beovisions compatible as link BVs to ML setups.

Stefan

I could try the pins in the cable but what then will happen with the radio, CD etc. Will that be blocked from coming through as it will be on the 'video' side? 

Does the 1615 just work one-way? i.e. It will not make ML link TV's compatible with MCL setups?

David

david707
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 146
Bronze Member
david707 replied on Thu, Dec 24 2015 11:15 AM

stefan:

Standby mode of the MCL2 AV should be triggered via Datalink through the link Beovision...(??) Does Standby system work?

AV-A.AUX is A.AUX in videomode. This should open the TV/AUX socket. This should happen if you select a video source on your link BV....(??)

Are there Beolabs connected to MCL 2 AV ?

Stefan

Standby system works but I prefer local (link room only) standby which I have set at the moment. I see no way of setting this without the tranceiver as you need to press timer and at the same time AV on the remote.

Yes AV-A.AUX does open the TV/AUX socket and stereo sound comes through. AV-V.TAPE also opens the TV/AUX socket but no sound comes through. So maybe it opens in audio rather than video mode hence silence?

I tried connecting beolabs to the MCL2AV  and the stereo video sound was played on the 6000's in that setup (via the transceiver attached).

David 

stefan
Top 50 Contributor
200 miles from Struer
Posts 2,920
Bronze Member
stefan replied on Tue, Jan 12 2016 3:25 PM

Sorry, it`s been a long time, but I didn`t forget this little test...

"Does the 1615 just work one-way? i.e. It will not make ML link TV's compatible with MCL setups?"

Yes, it is not a self configuring device as the 1611 converter. It`s only for connecting AAL-Beovisions (MX,LX XXX) to Masterlink setups.

david707:

Standby system works but I prefer local (link room only) standby which I have set at the moment. I see no way of setting this without the tranceiver as you need to press timer and at the same time AV on the remote.

I`d try to set the MCL2 AV to L.OPT 0 and disconnect the transceiver. All IR controling should lead through your link-BV (Avant).

BTW: I don`t understand, why you have to press AV and at the same time hold Timer button on the transceiver. Usually in an MCL setup you simply mute the sound and press Stdby to shut down the link-BV. This should work in your setup...(?)

david707:

Yes AV-A.AUX does open the TV/AUX socket and stereo sound comes through. AV-V.TAPE also opens the TV/AUX socket but no sound comes through. So maybe it opens in audio rather than video mode hence silence?

AV-A.AUX is a video command, which is working well. (can you hear the sound via the Avant speakers in stereo?)

AV-V.TAPE is an audio command that does not work. So video sound is fine, audio sound is not working, right?

If it`s like described, forget resoldering the AAL-cable for the moment. If video sound comes through and audio sound does not, it must be something different...

BTW: we all know, that the most simple way to get your setup working, would be to install a ML cable and use just a BL converter.

But that`s maybe too simple..." href="http://archivedforum2.beoworld.org/tiny_mce/plugins/smilies/smilies.htm">

Stefan

david707
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 146
Bronze Member
david707 replied on Wed, Jan 13 2016 9:15 PM

>>Sorry, it`s been a long time, but I didn`t forget this little test...<<

Thanks for your tenacity and patience!

>>I`d try to set the MCL2 AV to L.OPT 0 and disconnect the transceiver. All IR controling should lead through your link-BV (Avant).

BTW: I don`t understand, why you have to press AV and at the same time hold Timer button on the transceiver. Usually in an MCL setup you simply mute the sound and press Stdby to shut down the link-BV. This should work in your setup...(?)<<

If I use L.OPT 0 there is no control even through the Avant. If I disconnect the tranceiver I am unable to execute the command AV.A.Aux.

If I need to change between local or entire system shutdown I can do this. It is on page 15 of the MCL2 setup guide. I have an LX5500 in another room which shuts down the entire system when put to standby (one press) and I would like to change it to local. As far as I know I need to attach a tranceiver to the MCL2AV to do this. A long press of the standby button will, regardless of programming, shut down the entire system. 

>>AV-A.AUX is a video command, which is working well. (can you hear the sound via the Avant speakers in stereo?)<<

Yes. The video source is selected e.g. V.Tape followed by AV.A.Aux gives stereo sound.

>>AV-V.TAPE is an audio command that does not work. So video sound is fine, audio sound is not working, right?<<

AV-V.TAPE brings only silence. CD Radio A Tape etc all work but the Avant needs to go to standby first. If AV-V.Tape is an audio command that explains the silence when the TV is in Video mode?

>>BTW: we all know, that the most simple way to get your setup working, would be to install a ML cable and use just a BL converter<<

Yes, One day, or...revert to an MCL link TV MX/LX for 100% compatibility. But I would like a 10-40 next as a link TV so will have the same problem!

David

stefan
Top 50 Contributor
200 miles from Struer
Posts 2,920
Bronze Member
stefan replied on Mon, Jan 18 2016 4:06 PM

If you need the MCL IR eye in any case, did you try a separate setup for the linkroom with the Avant set to V.OPT 5 and MCL2 AV set to L.OPT 1.

Connect your Beolabs to MCL relay box. Maybe this will work better...(?)

BTW I had a look into the Beolink Handbook, because I had the idea to try an ML/MCL converter. But all setups I saw were Masterlink in mainroom and MCL to linkrooms. In your setup it`s quite the opposite...

Stefan

ps: I forgot: do you have video distibution in your setup?

david707
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 146
Bronze Member
david707 replied on Sat, Jan 23 2016 9:19 AM

V.OPT 5 and L.OPT 1 still enable control but audio sources have to be prefixed with "AV". AV-V.TAPE gives silence/faint buzzing noise as before. Pressing AV-RADIO when the TV is on sends the Avant into standby. AV-RADIO with the LX enables you to listen to the radio while watching TV. I tried connecting the BL6000 directly to the MCL2AV unit and got no signal - only a loud buzzing noise. Video distribution is via an RF link amplifier.

David

david707
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 146
Bronze Member
david707 replied on Sat, Aug 13 2016 11:24 AM

This quandary is now solved by crossing pins 1/3 and 4/5 in the datalink cable between the MCL2AV and Beolink converter 1611 - as suggested by Stefan in another thread. Many thanks to Stefan and Beoworld!

David

stefan
Top 50 Contributor
200 miles from Struer
Posts 2,920
Bronze Member
stefan replied on Mon, Aug 22 2016 4:27 PM

David,

gladt to hear that it - finally - works!

Thanks for keeping us updated.

BTW: it was not another thread - it was exact this one - see my first post here...

enjoy your setup!

Stefan

david707
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 146
Bronze Member

Thank you Stefan,

Yes finally have the video sound! The crossed cable has created changes to the audio side as I predicted. To listen to the radio I have to turn on a video source then press AV-Radio. Then I can press Radio and the tube will turn off. However if I want to then listen to a CD I have to again turn the TV on and press AV-CD. So not perfect but for the most part I use video sources so a big improvement!

David  

Page 1 of 1 (21 items) | RSS