Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

Beotalk 1100 Silent Answer

rated by 0 users
This post has 4 Replies | 0 Followers

Arcarius2006
Not Ranked
Posts 3
Bronze Member
Arcarius2006 Posted: Wed, Jun 27 2012 7:09 PM

Dear B&O enthusiasts,

Please advise how can I connect/disconnect the Silent Answer function on BeoTalk 1100. I have read and followed the instructions from the manual, I press the bell button and it shows 15, and nothing happens more.

Please advise.

Kind regards,

Edward

Langleyav
Top 500 Contributor
Windsor UK
Posts 226
Bronze Member
Langleyav replied on Wed, Jun 27 2012 7:57 PM

If you press the bell buton a second time you should get a row of zeros making it silent answer. To revert to normal press the bell button again, The 15 indicates the ring length before the auto answer starts, and can be changed for longer or shorter times.

Ron

Arcarius2006
Not Ranked
Posts 3
Bronze Member

Thank you very much, Ron.

I did so several times (it is described in the manual), but I don't get that set of zeros. It stays on 15 for several seconds, than it returns to hour and date.

I don't know what to say, except this issue, the machine works perfectly.

Regards,

Edward

Langleyav
Top 500 Contributor
Windsor UK
Posts 226
Bronze Member
Langleyav replied on Thu, Jun 28 2012 8:08 AM

Edward,

I have just tried it on my Beotalk 1100 and it works as I described. You must press the bell sign twice in rapid succession to get the series of zeros onto the display. If it does not work,  you could try disconecting it from the mains supply to see if it will reset itself.

Ron

Arcarius2006
Not Ranked
Posts 3
Bronze Member

Well, Ron, I did. I have also spoken to the local B & O seller, they have advised me to try the auto-reset

+ 01234  +

I did, it has erased all stored numbers :)

I have also followed your piece of advice, same result.

I guess I must get solace and accept the fact that my answering machine has a small flaw.

Thank you very much indeed for your replies.

Kind thoughts,

Edward

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS