Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

What hifi likes the A6

rated by 0 users
This post has 58 Replies | 0 Followers

vikinger
Top 25 Contributor
Vestri Kirkjubyr, UK
Posts 5,422
Gold Member
vikinger replied on Thu, Dec 17 2015 12:05 PM

Puncher:

BeoGreg:
I'm pretty sure that for 800 £ you can get a used Devialet Phantom.

I give up - I really do! If I'm ever in the market for something that resembles part of a food processor I'll certainly give a closer look!

Please refer to my new thred - "Things you can do with £800 rather than buy an A6" !!

The above picture will make you throw-up Puncher.....

It's a hairdryer!

vikinger
Top 25 Contributor
Vestri Kirkjubyr, UK
Posts 5,422
Gold Member
vikinger replied on Thu, Dec 17 2015 12:14 PM

BeoGreg:
I'm pretty sure that for 800 £ you can get a used Devialet Phantom.

I think Beogreg's post was meant to wind you up Puncher, and it succeeded! Having said that, just look at the picture above and decide whether you would rather have the A6 or a hairdryer on a plastic pole.

Graham

BeoGreg
Top 75 Contributor
South of France
Posts 1,417
Bronze Member
BeoGreg replied on Thu, Dec 17 2015 12:38 PM
I hate to use Smile or Big Smile (first time in my life) so you have to guess if it's a joke or not each time I try to be funny (and I'm here for that).

As a B&O owner since 20 years I of course absolutely don't care that you can buy 5 Samsulg 65 " UHD curved tv's for the price of a V1.

I don't see the point a) of the Apple product discussions and Devialet ... b) of telling how many Rolexes I can have for the price of a Patek skymoon tourbillon.

Can't wait to see (blue) /ear the A6 it seems a good product from what we can read right now and it won't make you bankrupt.
Normann
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 277
Bronze Member
Normann replied on Thu, Dec 17 2015 1:50 PM

BenSA:

So a great review and some people still aren't happy. I am also not too happy with the Apple references in every thread.  As far as I am concerned Apple has killed music and the Hi-Fi systems. I don't own any Apple products and I don't intend to. The reason I own B&O is because I don't want to do everything the majority does......there's nothing niche about Apple. The review gives 5 stars to the A6 for everything, be happy about. Such negativity.....its getting boring. 

+1Yes - thumbs up

w5bno123
Top 150 Contributor
London
Posts 578
Bronze Member
w5bno123 replied on Thu, Dec 17 2015 2:40 PM
Normann:

+1

I love the A6, it's what B&O have been lacking in the range for sometime. A true bridge between Play & Core. I am pleased for B&O to have received 5 stars from What Hi-fi, maybe this will become the reference product in this price bracket?!
Simonbeo
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,451
Bronze Member
Simonbeo replied on Thu, Dec 17 2015 5:44 PM

Chris Townsend:
I really thought this would be a product much more appreciated by females, but like simonbeo my wife doesn't like it. And Lee's wife!

All that fabric and cushions it was a no brainier. I took my Beolit 15 to a do with hairdressers, and they all complained it was too girly, and not B&O enough[:\'(]

We can't win

Chris, my wife does like the A6 and having heard it was as good as expected she was interested to hear which colour we might chose when we buy one to celebrate the imminent remodel of the ground floor of our house! 

(She likes B&O and appreciates Beoplay too especially the quality and casual style of the V1 , but then she's not a hairdresser!)

Beo Century ,Beoplay V1, Beocenter 6, Ex-Beolit 12, Beotime , A8. Beolit 15 , Form 2i , Beolab 2000, Beoplay A3.Beosound 1

Puncher
Top 10 Contributor
Durham
Posts 11,729
Bronze Member
Puncher replied on Thu, Dec 17 2015 5:59 PM

BeoGreg:
I hate to use Smile or Big Smile (first time in my life) so you have to guess if it's a joke or not each time I try to be funny (and I'm here for that).

As a B&O owner since 20 years I of course absolutely don't care that you can buy 5 Samsulg 65 " UHD curved tv's for the price of a V1.

I don't see the point a) of the Apple product discussions and Devialet ... b) of telling how many Rolexes I can have for the price of a Patek skymoon tourbillon.

Can't wait to see (blue) /ear the A6 it seems a good product from what we can read right now and it won't make you bankrupt.

EmbarrassedMy sincere apologies, I mistook you for the guy who always bangs on (sic) about Devialet on this board!

I was close to breaking last night, my flickhammer was on a hair-trigger!

Ban boring signatures!

Ƨcɑɽɑɱɑnɡɑ
Top 10 Contributor
Khao Phing Kan
Posts 6,662
Bronze Member

Been gone too long. What do you do ... rest your head on the thing?

• One B&o bottle opener
  • One fancy gun
vikinger
Top 25 Contributor
Vestri Kirkjubyr, UK
Posts 5,422
Gold Member
vikinger replied on Thu, Dec 17 2015 6:16 PM

Ƨcɑɽɑɱɑnɡɑ:

Devialet or A6?

Ƨcɑɽɑɱɑnɡɑ
Top 10 Contributor
Khao Phing Kan
Posts 6,662
Bronze Member

vikinger:

Ƨcɑɽɑɱɑnɡɑ:

Devialet or A6?

My concern would be that a Devialet might squirt my Meerschaum out while hovering over it.

So this A6 thing ... kick off the slippers and have at it?

• One B&o bottle opener
  • One fancy gun
vikinger
Top 25 Contributor
Vestri Kirkjubyr, UK
Posts 5,422
Gold Member
vikinger replied on Thu, Dec 17 2015 6:39 PM

Ƨcɑɽɑɱɑnɡɑ:

vikinger:

Ƨcɑɽɑɱɑnɡɑ:

Devialet or A6?

My concern would be that a Devialet might squirt my Meerschaum out while hovering over it.

For some reason 'Pipe and Slippers' now spring to mind. Pipe and Slippers leads to PaulW. PaulW leads to Apple. Apple leads to Puncher. Puncher leads to explosion.

tournedos
Top 10 Contributor
Finland
Posts 7,357
Bronze Member
tournedos replied on Thu, Dec 17 2015 8:06 PM

vikinger:

Ƨcɑɽɑɱɑnɡɑ:

vikinger:

Ƨcɑɽɑɱɑnɡɑ:

Devialet or A6?

For some reason 'Pipe and Slippers' now spring to mind. Pipe and Slippers leads to PaulW. PaulW leads to Apple. Apple leads to Puncher. Puncher leads to explosion.

LaughingLaughingLaughing Can't wait till Wednesday!

--mika

Stonk
Top 50 Contributor
Marlow, Bucks, UK
Posts 2,070
Bronze Member
Stonk replied on Thu, Dec 17 2015 9:50 PM

Back on topic..

Great review but think how many Boseses you could get for that!

P.S Devil

If you think nobody cares, try missing a couple of payments.

Chris Townsend
Top 50 Contributor
Qatar
Posts 3,531
Bronze Member
Not many, it's already for sale at £650! If the A9 is anything to go by, expect it to be £500 by EasterEmbarrassed

Beosound Stage, Beovision 8-40, Beolit 20, Beosound Explore.

Mark-N
Top 500 Contributor
Maryland, USA
Posts 320
Bronze Member
Mark-N replied on Thu, Dec 17 2015 10:57 PM

I purchased the A6 and two Essence remotes (wall & table) for my sister for Christmas.  I am looking forward to hearing it!

As for the BeoMusic app, it's mostly functional (for Twonky DNLA), but far from my favorite interface for playing music.  I too *used* to be an Apple Fanboy when it looked like they put more of an effort into (your) music.  I do like the Remote app and find that very enjoyable to navigate through.  I find I use Airplay more than DNLA because of this. Most of all I like on-the-fly playlists, and wish BeoMusic offered random play.  I wish these two features would make it to BeoMusic.  

BenSA
Top 75 Contributor
Durban, South Africa
Posts 1,404
Bronze Member
BenSA replied on Fri, Dec 18 2015 8:39 AM

Stonk:

Back on topic..

Great review but think how many Boseses you could get for that!

P.S Devil

Well go and buy a whole lot of Bose then...."no highs, no lows....its Bose"

BeoGreg
Top 75 Contributor
South of France
Posts 1,417
Bronze Member
BeoGreg replied on Fri, Dec 18 2015 12:46 PM
No problem Punch(er). It's my fault, can't help writing Devialet when a topic goes the Apple way.

We (Beoworld) should get a sponsorship from those brands !
butch1
Top 200 Contributor
Posts 384
Bronze Member
butch1 replied on Fri, Dec 18 2015 8:09 PM

Or Simonbeo, for £800 you could... get a pair of B&W CM1 and a £200 Amp for a PROPER HiFi sound that would knock the A6 all the way to China!

So why did you not get that when you bought a beoplay a8? And I am surprised you bought that, as in numerous previous posts on the old forum you said the beosound 8 sounded rubbish and was a laughing stock and whoever bought it needs their head testing.

AnalogPlanet
Top 150 Contributor
Vienna, Austria
Posts 678
Bronze Member

Got my A6 yesterday, I think it is really nice. Fabric front I like that much that I will for sure order a matching one for A9 too.

Soundwise you hear clearly why A9 is double the price, but as I use my A6 in a corridor/kitchen it is the perfect match. It would also fit greatly in a bedroom.

Multiroom with A9 works flawlessly and I love it - now music plays throughout most part of the apartment. Big Smile Now I can't wait for the wallmount to become available. All in all - great little thing and I look forward people dancing all across the apartment at the New Year's party I planned. Lets have a Party !!!

Page 2 of 2 (59 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS