Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

BeoCom 2

rated by 0 users
This post has 3 Replies | 1 Follower

kammeri
Not Ranked
Posts 49
Bronze Member
kammeri Posted: Fri, Dec 18 2015 9:16 PM
Gentlemen,

I tried this question already at the workbench with no luck. The issue is I am lacking the original power supply for my BeoCom 2 combined base station. Does anyone have information regarding the pinouts of the BeoCom 2 base station cable (Mk 1)?

There are two connectors on the cable. One RJ45 which has four wires connected, two on each side of the RJ45. I assume these are the ones that connect to the power supply. But why are there four wires and what is the function of each wire? The other connector is a standard RJ11 with only two wires so I assume it is for the phone line and has nothing to do with powering up the base station, as is the case with BeoCom 4 and 6000.

Regards!
valve1
Top 75 Contributor
The south of France and occasionally Dublin Ireland
Posts 1,502
Gold Member
valve1 replied on Sat, Dec 19 2015 6:51 AM

To clarify; You are missing the transformer and trying to bypass it ?

kammeri
Not Ranked
Posts 49
Bronze Member
kammeri replied on Sun, Dec 20 2015 1:24 AM
valve1:

To clarify; You are missing the transformer and trying to bypass it ?

Partially yes. I don't have the original power supply and I am probably not going to get one. I am trying to find out the pinout of the (rj45) connector and also the voltage(s) of the original power supply in order to replace it with a generic one.
valve1
Top 75 Contributor
The south of France and occasionally Dublin Ireland
Posts 1,502
Gold Member
valve1 replied on Mon, Dec 21 2015 4:08 PM

I am surprised you cannot pick on up with the demise of the land lines.

Its usually a 50v dc current from a normal dial tone, I do not know the value of VOIP. 

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS