Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

Changed software board in AV9000 from a one way version to a 2 way version

rated by 0 users
This post has 0 Replies | 0 Followers

phil
Not Ranked
Posts 40
Bronze Member
phil Posted: Sat, Dec 19 2015 10:26 PM

Hi,

Just managed to change the software, after getting the back off both sets, i removed the whole tin box with the mother board with the software IC chips inside, thought it would be better to just unplug all the plug conectors and swap the whole lot rarther than trying to prize out the actual IC chips.

After reading past posts on this conversion, i also identified via the original service manual, teletext board which has been said on here needs also changing from the early set to the later one, after looking at both teletext boards side by side, they looked identical even had the same part numbers, but it swapped anyways.

I could not locate the IR sensor board, and have come to the conclusion this board which is a small one Numbered 56 in the manual is situated at the top of the set behind the main tube which would involve taking the tube out which i did not want to do.

After re assembly only taking the teletext board and the sofware module from the early 2 way AV9000 and putting in the later Beo4 1 way version, it seems to be working fine, it works with both my beolink 5000 2 way remote and my Beo4 to which i did on the old set.

Not at all sure why it works perfect with both remotes, but it did have software 1.2 which was the last 2 way software i believe.

The only thing thats happened now, i have a slight wobble on the picture half way down that comes and goes, not at all sure why, but it wasnt there before i swapped the software, also before i did anything, on the left of the screen there were some bands from top to bottom on the screen, only slight, about a centimetre in from the left, i thought this was a tube issue, now after me swapping the part over, this fault has gone, and i have some thin bands at the top of the screen ??? the mind boggles !

Its working fine with the 2 way remote though.

may try fitting the original teletext board back in just to see if that gets rid of the wobble and bands.

Any ideas?

Didnt need to change the IR sensor board though which was a bonus

Page 1 of 1 (1 items) | RSS