Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

S8 can't get the IR learning to recognise remote?

rated by 0 users
This post has 9 Replies | 1 Follower

Arob11
Not Ranked
Posts 4
Bronze Member
Arob11 Posted: Sun, Jan 24 2016 8:48 AM

Hi there, I have just found this forum so good morning. I have just purchased an s8 and have set it up...but the IR learning will only turn the volume up....it won't recognise the volume down command...can anyone help with this please? 

Desperate to play with my new toy and feel I'm so close yet so far!

Mcaff
Not Ranked
Posts 15
Bronze Member
Mcaff replied on Sun, Jan 24 2016 6:40 PM

Im not fond of the connection hub, ended up by passing it and getting an essence it was that bad.

however you may have to not "tap" the volume down button but keep it pressed in when trying to sync it.

Arob11
Not Ranked
Posts 4
Bronze Member
Arob11 replied on Sun, Jan 24 2016 8:14 PM

Thanks for your reply...I appreciate the help.

apologies for sounding thick but what's an essence? No...I'm not currently a fan of this hub either and the instructions are next to useless. I've tried holding the volume down but no luck as yet. I'm going to call the store tomorrow and see if they can shed some light on it. I'll report back with what they suggest as I'm probably not going to be the only person whose going to have this problem. Thanks again 

Mcaff
Not Ranked
Posts 15
Bronze Member
Mcaff replied on Sun, Jan 24 2016 8:56 PM

Beosound essence is another product that you can wirelessly stream music etc to your speakers, I've got mine acting as a bridge between the tv to the to but it has other benefits. 

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
Posts 14,680
Gold Member

If you want to use the Essence for connecting to a tv for the sound, you will need a tv with analog (R/L) output, since the Essence has no digital input possibility.

MM

There is a tv - and there is a BV

Mcaff
Not Ranked
Posts 15
Bronze Member
Mcaff replied on Mon, Jan 25 2016 7:45 PM

Sorry I should have said that as well. I had to get some sort of link from the tv to the essence as well. Not sure what it is though my b&o dealer got it. 

Arob11
Not Ranked
Posts 4
Bronze Member
Arob11 replied on Tue, Feb 2 2016 10:02 PM

I meant to pop on sooner with an update....but I am still non the wiser. I've left the problem with the dealer and they are trying to sort it out with their technical dept. I hope they work it out soon!  

Arob11
Not Ranked
Posts 4
Bronze Member
Arob11 replied on Tue, Feb 9 2016 8:38 PM

Well I ended up taking the hub and my tv remote control back to the dealer and he sorted it all out for me no problem at all. Finally all up and running. Thank you for your help and suggestions though. I was very impressed in the shop with the movable TV backet he was showing me whilst I was there.....but I'll keep that idea for another day.

Fredrik858
Not Ranked
Posts 5
Bronze Member

Hello,

so how did he fix it?

Fredrik858
Not Ranked
Posts 5
Bronze Member

Hello,

so how did he fix it?