Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

Beogram 3400 tonearm hangs too low and stylus hits edge of record

rated by 0 users
This post has 0 Replies | 1 Follower

1975Aries
Not Ranked
Posts 1
Bronze Member
1975Aries Posted: Sun, Jan 24 2016 6:56 PM

Hello-  I am new to this forum and have already found some tips to the issue by reading other posts, and this looks like a great group of people so I am joining.  I just picked up a Beogram 1900 that works perfectly and sounds amazing, but I prematurely promised it to somebody else.  So now, of course, I want another one!  So I found a 3400 in great shape that works perfectly with one exception: when you press start, the tonearm swings toward the platter, but it is hanging too low and the stylus hits the edge of the record and then bounces up and over the edge, landing randomly.  From reading other posts, I suspect that it is an old lubrication issue with the tonearm lift mechanism.  My question is, can I hope that I can properly lubricate that mechanism just by taking the bottom plate off, or am I looking at major surgery?  I am not afraid of disassembling most turntables, but I know that the B&O's are fairly complicated.  Any contributions would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks, Jonathan

Page 1 of 1 (1 items) | RSS