Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

Beomaster 7000 no sound

rated by 0 users
This post has 4 Replies | 0 Followers

xmenluke
Not Ranked
Posts 4
Bronze Member
xmenluke Posted: Sat, Feb 13 2016 11:18 AM

Hi

I'm new to Beoworld  and in need of help with my Beosystem 7000. I've owned this for about 12 months without issue.

At xmas I wanted to play a vinyl present and when I switched it on everything lit up but when it the record played there was no sound. I checked the speaker wires in the back of the amp, they were in and when wiggled sound returned, albeit for only an hour or two. I later removed the top of the amp to see if anything was obviously wrong, which there wasn't. But not being to techy did not delve further. There are two switches that were moving when powered up. I also noticed there is a fan that is not working.

My question is this, is this a common fault or an easy fix? Or has this got to visit an expert? Is there an expert near to me, I live in Leicester?

Also can the rubber bands for the Beocord still be acquired?

Thanks Phil

Die_Bogener
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 192
Bronze Member

Hi,

this can be the speaker relay. you have 4 outputs, 2 of them use the relay for muting, the other pair does not. If this is the reason, clean the relay or replace it... nothing special, it's still available.

Try a headspeaker in the front... there can be corrosion in the connector/switch. then there is no sound at all...

The belts are still available, try "Dillen" here

xmenluke
Not Ranked
Posts 4
Bronze Member
xmenluke replied on Sun, Feb 14 2016 4:04 PM

Hi

There is no sound from any of the speaker outputs or the headphone socket. If the relay is the clear plastic switch that clicks when you press the mute button, this appears ok. It doesn't click when headphones are in, I'm assuming this is correct. Is the anything else it could be?

Thanks Phil

Die_Bogener
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 192
Bronze Member

This would be ok, no clicks with mounted Headphone.

Hmmm, hardware defect?

There should be a clear plastic plug on the backside in "line In/Out". Is it missing?

xmenluke
Not Ranked
Posts 4
Bronze Member
xmenluke replied on Sat, Feb 20 2016 6:45 PM

No it is not missing.

The only thing that is different, is that when I used to plug it into the power, it used to buzz, not too loud for about 5 seconds and then would be quiet, now it doesn't make any noises.

Thanks

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS