Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

Beocenter 7000 + pair of Beovox S75

rated by 0 users
This post has 36 Replies | 1 Follower

mido5263
Not Ranked
Posts 67
Bronze Member
mido5263 Posted: Sun, Jul 15 2012 5:58 PM

First of all , hello  - Iam new in B&O forums. Since I read your posts i see that you enjoy in B&O world, so I decide to ask you .... I 'am about to buy  B&O - in good condition , seller asks 300 $  for this complet ? It is my first B&O so I would apprichiate any  suggestion about that :)..

Ricardo
Top 200 Contributor
Moonbase 5
Posts 418
Bronze Member
Ricardo replied on Sun, Jul 15 2012 8:23 PM

If it all still works that is not a bad deal at all

mido5263
Not Ranked
Posts 67
Bronze Member
mido5263 replied on Sun, Jul 15 2012 8:39 PM

The lady send me another pis...the front of speaker is scratch by cat :)...since I have two cats i know the problems :)). I will try to repair as best I can :).

Peter
Top 10 Contributor
Earsdon
Posts 11,991
Founder
Peter replied on Sun, Jul 15 2012 8:44 PM

Very good sounding system - the 7000 has an excellent amplifier, good record deck and superb radio. The cassette deck is fine but it is quite possible the belts will have perished. Check it plays, winds and rewinds.

The S75s are a lovely speaker though are best stand mounted as otherwise the bass can be a bit much! I think this is a good buy if it is all working - check the stylus is intact as replacing it will be expensive.

Peter

mido5263
Not Ranked
Posts 67
Bronze Member
mido5263 replied on Sun, Jul 15 2012 8:58 PM

Can you tell me what is Styles Peter ? Iam totaly new here and in B&O... Maybe a hint to check something before load it to my car :)...thank you for answer...

mido5263
Not Ranked
Posts 67
Bronze Member
mido5263 replied on Sun, Jul 15 2012 8:59 PM

Can you tell me what is Styles Peter ? Iam totaly new here and in B&O... Maybe a hint to check something before load it to my car :)...thank you for answer...

mido5263
Not Ranked
Posts 67
Bronze Member
mido5263 replied on Sun, Jul 15 2012 9:30 PM

Stylus = phono head like MMC 20 ? thx

mido5263
Not Ranked
Posts 67
Bronze Member
mido5263 replied on Sun, Jul 15 2012 10:33 PM

Thank you Peter, maybe someone know what is this input behind the center  ?

Peter
Top 10 Contributor
Earsdon
Posts 11,991
Founder
Peter replied on Sun, Jul 15 2012 10:33 PM

Yes - make sure the needle is intact. If you can, plug it in before taking it away. Make sure everything works - including the lights of the display. Yhis is a superb music centre - at the time it was the best that was available at any price.

Peter

Peter
Top 10 Contributor
Earsdon
Posts 11,991
Founder
Peter replied on Sun, Jul 15 2012 10:37 PM

mido5263:

Thank you Peter, maybe someone know what is this input behind the center  ?

Difficult to say without seeing the pin structure, but it might be for a remote transceiver so that it can be housed in a cupboard but still controlled by remote.

Peter

mido5263
Not Ranked
Posts 67
Bronze Member
mido5263 replied on Sun, Jul 15 2012 11:01 PM

Thank you for all hints and info .  It seems that I landed  into the real music &  B&O lovers...THANKSSmile

Dillen
Top 10 Contributor
Copenhagen / Denmark
Posts 13,191
Founder
Dillen replied on Mon, Jul 16 2012 6:44 AM

Looks to me like the antenna inputs.
Flip up the black rear panel, I seem to remember legends printed there somewhere.
- And get the user manual.

Martin

mido5263
Not Ranked
Posts 67
Bronze Member
mido5263 replied on Mon, Jul 16 2012 5:48 PM

Hi Martin, thx for rely. I think that is plug-in for remode since on greater phodo there is like DIN input. Antena is higher. Update in pic :). Lady send me working pic :)

Søren Hammer
Top 100 Contributor
Denmark
Posts 953
Bronze Member

Thats a good deal if the Beocenter works Smile

The output amplifier of the Beocenter is of the same design as the best B&O receivers of the time (Beomaster, 2200, 4400 and 8000) - I had a Beocenter 7007 that performed like a champ.

The MMC20 is a phono cartridge with a stylus, being the needle with the diamond in the end of it. Most of these are in good shape.

Vinyl records, cassettes, open reel, valve amplifiers and film photography.

mido5263
Not Ranked
Posts 67
Bronze Member
mido5263 replied on Mon, Jul 16 2012 6:38 PM

Hello Søren, thank you for info. Do you think I can find somewhere the cover for boxes, since cats are damage tissues . I suppose that seller will not prepare to make discout becouse of this...nomather I decide to take it...:) So amplifier is very good, i supose. Is the sound like on vacuum tube amplifiers ? I just love that wormth sound from vaccum tube amps :)

Dillen
Top 10 Contributor
Copenhagen / Denmark
Posts 13,191
Founder
Dillen replied on Mon, Jul 16 2012 9:38 PM

Oh yes, I couldn't see enough of the photo...
I agree on the remote option.

Martin

mido5263
Not Ranked
Posts 67
Bronze Member
mido5263 replied on Mon, Jul 16 2012 9:43 PM

Fresh info...Lady said, that this is input for CD, build by B&O dealer. Hope still works ;)...but I have to figure it out what is the cable needed for plug a CD with a standard chinch output 

Søren Hammer
Top 100 Contributor
Denmark
Posts 953
Bronze Member

mido5263:

Fresh info...Lady said, that this is input for CD, build by B&O dealer. Hope still works ;)...but I have to figure it out what is the cable needed for plug a CD with a standard chinch output 

Ahh, in that case it used the Tape 2 input. You'll just need a 5-pin DIN -> two RCA plugs to make it work with a normal CD-player.

mido5263
Not Ranked
Posts 67
Bronze Member
mido5263 replied on Wed, Jul 18 2012 5:44 PM

et voila :), finnaly in my hands :). It was kept like baby in the hand of B&O lover..We test everything and it was....special :).  I have also original booklet which is in Dutch language but it is planty of pictures and I will figure it out :)...Playing like charm, and S 75 is realy boxes for "ear pleasur" :)

mido5263
Not Ranked
Posts 67
Bronze Member
mido5263 replied on Wed, Jul 18 2012 8:14 PM

here is  my pic from today. I plug in ...and since I dont have any cassete or LP where Iam  :), just turn on the radio in hope that something will came out from boxes...Surprisingly the radio begin to play without any antena :)..and the sound is something that I'am not used to :)...

Søren Hammer
Top 100 Contributor
Denmark
Posts 953
Bronze Member

It's beautiful - congratulations with your purchase, that combo is a very good place to start.

Peter
Top 10 Contributor
Earsdon
Posts 11,991
Founder
Peter replied on Thu, Jul 19 2012 10:49 AM

The service manual for this model is on site and the user manual for the very similar 7002 is on; you need to be a silver or gold member to get them. The CD socket is useful. Well done on your purchase.

Peter

mido5263
Not Ranked
Posts 67
Bronze Member
mido5263 replied on Thu, Jul 19 2012 6:03 PM

Thank you Peter,.this is simple machine with simple commands :).  The booklet that  I received with center is in Dutch language :). In case of  imergancy I will becam silver member real soon :)

mido5263
Not Ranked
Posts 67
Bronze Member
mido5263 replied on Thu, Jul 19 2012 6:05 PM

Yes it  is realy nice  preserved after 30 years, still works like charm... Do you think that I will go further ? :))

mido5263
Not Ranked
Posts 67
Bronze Member
mido5263 replied on Sat, Jul 28 2012 10:29 PM

Finnaly at home The center was transported as very fragile item...After unpack it I try everything and it work.The only thing is that it seems that one speaker (right) have less bass than left. when the slider for right - left is in center it is not so obvious, but when I try to to listem only to the right speaker it is a lack in bass ? Maybe I did mistake becouse i prolonge the original cable to make the right possition of speaker.The original cable was vey short...

mido5263
Not Ranked
Posts 67
Bronze Member
mido5263 replied on Mon, Jul 30 2012 8:16 AM

mido5263
Not Ranked
Posts 67
Bronze Member

Hello ,today  after trying the phono for the first time - problem. The head come to the plate and then - instead of getting down to the plate - just return to the start possition. Maybe something moved during the transport - or it is just a B&O issue that can be "reset" or something ? Kind regard and thanks for hints....

mido5263
Not Ranked
Posts 67
Bronze Member

Little update.Phono is working.Just the weight problem with phono hand. I cant make it right possition...or its bouncing, or it is too low for phono start :(. Otherwise sound is great...

Peter
Top 10 Contributor
Earsdon
Posts 11,991
Founder
Peter replied on Thu, Aug 9 2012 10:09 PM

On the bass to the speakers, take the fronts off and see if both woofers move freely when pushed in. One of the woofers on my M100s froze with a slipped magnet - if one woofer is solid, it will need fixing.

Peter

mido5263
Not Ranked
Posts 67
Bronze Member
mido5263 replied on Thu, Aug 9 2012 10:47 PM

Hi Peter, the boxes work fine. I have the problem with phono arm weight -fine tunning of phono arm ? Just cant find a good possition of the scale to make needle smoothly surfing through the plate. Or is it too high and center dont play nothing becouse arm is not lowering to the plate or is too low and then needle make collision with plate...

mido5263
Not Ranked
Posts 67
Bronze Member
mido5263 replied on Thu, Aug 9 2012 10:55 PM

Hell Peter,  I just realized that you answer one of my previosu post Peter.Thank you very much. Will try to check the bass like you suggest.

Becouse of stereo sound I think that maybe one channel have less bass I guess ?

regards, Mirko

Søren Mexico
Top 10 Contributor
Mexico City
Posts 6,411
Bronze Member

mido5263:

Hi Peter, the boxes work fine. I have the problem with phono arm weight -fine tunning of phono arm ? Just cant find a good possition of the scale to make needle smoothly surfing through the plate. Or is it too high and center dont play nothing becouse arm is not lowering to the plate or is too low and then needle make collision with plate...

The tonearm weight adjustment, has nothing to do with the set down point of the arm, the weight scale must be set at 1.2 to 1.5 grams and stay there.

The tonearm height, platter height and set down points, has to be adjusted according to the service manual, the manual is available onsite for silver and gold members.

Its a good idea to open the deck, clean, lubricate and check all adjustments.

I'm not familiar with the Beocenter 7000, its just too new for meLaughing, so I cant help you much more, but I have done this to all my decks and they works OK

Collecting Vintage B&O is not a hobby, its a lifestyle.

Steffen
Top 75 Contributor
Denmark
Posts 1,408
Bronze Member
Steffen replied on Thu, Aug 9 2012 11:24 PM

Søren Mexico:

I'm not familiar with the Beocenter 7000, its just too new for meLaughing, so I cant help you much more, but I have done this to all my decks and they works OK

Too new for you, Søren..? It's older than your Beosystem 5000 Stick out tongueBig Smile

Søren Mexico
Top 10 Contributor
Mexico City
Posts 6,411
Bronze Member

Steffen:
Too new for you, Søren..? It's older than your Beosystem 5000 Stick out tongueBig Smile

You got me there, I never cared much for combined systems (Beocenters). I like to mix the components myselfLaughing

Collecting Vintage B&O is not a hobby, its a lifestyle.

Steffen
Top 75 Contributor
Denmark
Posts 1,408
Bronze Member
Steffen replied on Thu, Aug 9 2012 11:47 PM

Søren Mexico:

Steffen:

You got me there, I never cared much for combined systems (Beocenters). I like to mix the components myselfLaughing

Me too...But I also like the Beocenters...Cool Must be this Beovirus...Laughing

mido5263
Not Ranked
Posts 67
Bronze Member
mido5263 replied on Fri, Aug 10 2012 8:58 AM

Hello Mexico and Steffen, thanks for reply. I gues I will  find someone more skillful for opening center. I heard that lubrifiing anything in the sistem is not too good idea. I think something have to move inside, when we moved the sistem...Otherwise sound is great, but tonearm is not lift up enough - like "lazy" mechanism...I would lubricate some parts but like I said just dont know what , where and of course I 'am afraid to do more harm than good :)

mido5263
Not Ranked
Posts 67
Bronze Member
mido5263 replied on Wed, Aug 15 2012 7:35 AM

Yess, I find the perfect man for "inside" job :))...Hope we managed to put everything on the right possitions :)). Beolovers - Enjoy in summer !!

Page 1 of 1 (37 items) | RSS