Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

NATIV

rated by 0 users
This post has 13 Replies | 3 Followers

BeoBoy68
Top 75 Contributor
Alsace 🇨🇵
Posts 1,247
Bronze Member
BeoBoy68 Posted: Mon, Apr 11 2016 12:08 AM

For your information

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/nativ-high-res-music-system-touchscreen-control#/

Duels
Top 50 Contributor
England
Posts 2,553
Bronze Member
Duels replied on Mon, Apr 11 2016 8:01 AM
Any indication of price?
elephant
Top 10 Contributor
AU
Posts 8,219
Founder
elephant replied on Mon, Apr 11 2016 8:53 AM
Duels:

Any indication of price?

Follow the link ... note no refunds.

BeoNut since '75

TWG
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,672
Gold Member
TWG replied on Mon, Apr 11 2016 8:55 AM

indiegogo, kickstarter =

- questionable product quality
- questionable support
- questionable product lifetime

Thanks, but no, thanks. Smile

CB
Top 75 Contributor
> You are Here <
Posts 1,762
Bronze Member
CB replied on Mon, Apr 11 2016 8:10 PM

It looks seriously at what the next B&O high end music system should/could be...

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
Posts 14,680
Gold Member

CB:

It looks seriously at what the next B&O high end music system should/could be...

No way - it is just a 'tablet pc' running a Roon-like software in a nicely designed stand.

MM

There is a tv - and there is a BV

L1NO
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 250
Bronze Member
L1NO replied on Mon, Apr 11 2016 10:37 PM

The moment is a tablet with a nicely designed stand and ui — they added radio's.

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
Posts 14,680
Gold Member

If you see it so!

I see a different way of accessing your content - using MoodWheel and PatternPlay.

MM

TWG
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,672
Gold Member
TWG replied on Tue, Apr 12 2016 6:58 AM

Millemissen:

If you see it so!

I see a different way of accessing your content - using MoodWheel and PatternPlay.

MM

As much as I like B&O but the Moment is really nothing more than a cheap China Android tablet with a nice stand and some hardware to be B&O compatible - and in my personal opinion it's ugly and cheap looking, too. ;-)

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
Posts 14,680
Gold Member

@TWG

I wouldn't want to question your right to think so about it.

But I think you are missing, what B&O intented to create with their 'version' of a tablet for audio.

It is the concept, the way to use it, that one buys - not the tablet!

I am also fine, if that is not your way of listening to music - (it isn't mine either, I am more an 'Essence-box/BeoMusic-app-guy').

But I am sure, that it is a very good offer for a lot of people, who want an easy way to listen to their prefered music/radio...and want it to integrate with their other B&O-stuff.

MM

TWG
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,672
Gold Member
TWG replied on Tue, Apr 12 2016 11:58 AM

@Millemissen:

I know the intention of B&O and the Moment but if we are honest: It's nothing special... it's just the software and it isn't even new software!

The mood based music selection was available e.g. in 2007 in a music deck from Sony, the NAC-HD1. Many of the later Sony MP3 players do have a mood based analysis software integrated, too.

I'm on your side: I prefer the Essence over the Moment, too. :-)

I would be interested in real sales figure of the Moment compared to the Essence.

Regarding the NATIV:
Looks simply like the very cheap version of the Moment and I've already told my opinion regarding important things like support, product lifecycle etc.

If I had to choose between a no-name startup or Bang & Olufsen I'd surely bet on Bang & Olufsen. :-)

The Beonic Man
Top 150 Contributor
Bristol
Posts 812
Gold Member

Yes I prefer the Moment too. The new Native looks too big and bulky for my liking, especially when wall mounted. Certainly good as a new concept/idea/company making it first mark, but B&O has the experience which leads to better form factor, touch, feel and overall usability in my humble opinion. I can't help but wonder if they have taken something from the Moment here too? 

B&O products are V1-32, BS2, H95, E8 and an Essence remote.
11-46 now replaced with Sony A90J 65”, Sony HT-A9, Sony UBP-X800M2 and Sony SRS-NS7.

vikinger
Top 25 Contributor
Vestri Kirkjubyr, UK
Posts 5,422
Gold Member
vikinger replied on Tue, Apr 19 2016 10:41 AM

Confusing product (to me). 'Vita' display and control, another unit 'Wave' is the DAC, and a third 'Pulse' is the power supply. All three at discount price of around $1900 plus shipping, VAT and import duty.

Graham

BeoBoy68
Top 75 Contributor
Alsace 🇨🇵
Posts 1,247
Bronze Member
BeoBoy68 replied on Sun, May 22 2016 11:02 AM
BAND'OH!:

Yes I prefer the Moment too. The new Native looks too big and bulky for my liking, especially when wall mounted. Certainly good as a new concept/idea/company making it first mark, but B&O has the experience which leads to better form factor, touch, feel and overall usability in my humble opinion. I can't help but wonder if they have taken something from the Moment here too?

Page 1 of 1 (14 items) | RSS