Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

My Grand dad and me

rated by 0 users
This post has 3 Replies | 0 Followers

Søren Mexico
Top 10 Contributor
Mexico City
Posts 6,411
Bronze Member
Søren Mexico Posted: Tue, Apr 12 2016 11:00 PM

Got myself a new sideboard, after putting it to use, I took a look at it and came to think of my grand dad (long gone), daily after work he was sitting in his corner listening to his transistorradio, (which is in the hands of my youngest aunt)

Collecting Vintage B&O is not a hobby, its a lifestyle.

Duels
Top 50 Contributor
England
Posts 2,553
Bronze Member
Duels replied on Wed, Apr 13 2016 9:33 AM
What a great photograph! Thank you for sharing. My grandfather left us last year aged 92. He was a B&O fan for many many years and it was he who first introduced me to the wonderful world of B&O.
Andrew
Top 100 Contributor
Frinton, UK
Posts 917
Bronze Member
Andrew replied on Thu, Apr 21 2016 2:43 PM

That reminds me of my grandparents too - my gradfather in Greece on my mums side had a big old Grundig Radio and we used to listen to the world service on it when we went on holiday there as kids - fantastic old radio that they treasured and had some sort of doyley over the top to protect it - that's now with my one of my cousins.

My Grandmother in England had a Grundig too, in her kitchen, she would sit on her doorsetp in the morning with a coffee and cigarette looking at her garden and listening to Terry Wogan. I think she threw it away when it stopped working and used an old Philips transistor radio instead.

Gosh life was far less complicated back then - just switch on the radio, wait for it to warm up and listen into the BBC

Andrew
Top 100 Contributor
Frinton, UK
Posts 917
Bronze Member
Andrew replied on Thu, Apr 21 2016 2:51 PM

Soren, I meant to ask - is that a Parker 51 on your table? - best pen ever

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS