Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

Need some innovation help BLGW

rated by 0 users
This post has 2 Replies | 2 Followers

Seanie_230
Top 50 Contributor
UK
Posts 2,278
Bronze Member
Seanie_230 Posted: Sat, Apr 16 2016 2:21 PM
Hello BeoTeam

I need some innovation ideas

I have now setup my global cache IP2CC and its talking to my BLGW

It's setup in systems

I have three resources setup as address 1,2 & 3 which means that on the Beolink app I have three buttons.

Each button press turns the relay on and then the same button press turns the relay off.

I have connected the relay to my curtain track and when pressed the relay goes on and the contacts the closed making the curtains close. Another on and off makes them open.

I need some innovation thoughts for how to set this up

I thought about hiding the buttons and having a macro

Step1: trigger BV7 command

Step2: fire relay button

Step3: delay 2 seconds

Step4: fire relay button again to turn it off

Because the button turns the relay on and off and there is not different relays for open and close it means that if the curtain as are already closed and I have a macro run to automate open and close at specific times it may open the curtains in the evening if they are already closed.

Can anyone think of any other way or give me some innovation ideas for things to try.

Cheers all

Eclipse 65
V1-32
Beosound M5
Essence MK2
BLI

mjmedlo
Top 100 Contributor
Posts 922
Bronze Member
mjmedlo replied on Sat, Apr 16 2016 5:56 PM
Seanie_230:

Hello BeoTeam

I need some innovation ideas

I have now setup my global cache IP2CC and its talking to my BLGW

It's setup in systems

I have three resources setup as address 1,2 & 3 which means that on the Beolink app I have three buttons.

Each button press turns the relay on and then the same button press turns the relay off.

I have connected the relay to my curtain track and when pressed the relay goes on and the contacts the closed making the curtains close. Another on and off makes them open.

I need some innovation thoughts for how to set this up

I thought about hiding the buttons and having a macro

Step1: trigger BV7 command

Step2: fire relay button

Step3: delay 2 seconds

Step4: fire relay button again to turn it off

Because the button turns the relay on and off and there is not different relays for open and close it means that if the curtain as are already closed and I have a macro run to automate open and close at specific times it may open the curtains in the evening if they are already closed.

Can anyone think of any other way or give me some innovation ideas for things to try.

Cheers all BLGW - Rekindling the love of ML

If your product/curtains don't offer a 2 way feature i.e. Tell the gateway whether they're open or closed... I think this will be a manual operation.

I don't know how you could accomplish your task any other way.

If the same button triggers open and close, so there's no discrete button press for each function, then you're probably stuck.
Seanie_230
Top 50 Contributor
UK
Posts 2,278
Bronze Member
I had some fun today

I configured a macro assigned to the event CONTROL Press on Beoremote one received by moment (BV7 ML not connected until tomorrow as BLGW wall bracket arrives)

When control is pressed (renamed as curtains to avoid multiple list presses) the macro sends relay close to curtains and then after three seconds sends relay open to reset it Smile

Eclipse 65
V1-32
Beosound M5
Essence MK2
BLI

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS