Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

Atlona Matrix

rated by 0 users
This post has 3 Replies | 1 Follower

Chris Hassell
Top 200 Contributor
London
Posts 396
Bronze Member
Chris Hassell Posted: Tue, Apr 19 2016 10:42 PM
Hi all, I'm so tempted by an Atlona matrix to send my sources to TVs around the house. The only strong reason I can think to do it is so my son can pickup his PS4 when he's kicked off the big Avant I'll have downstairs. I'll get it out of the way though... much of the reason I'm up for it is to geek-out!

I'm probably going to get a 4x4 as it will feed 3 TVs (one locally probably though HDMI out, and 2 more over CAT7). Inputs will be AppleTV x 2, PS4, and WiiU. Ideally I'd have another input too but then would have to jump up to 8x8 which could be a bit much financially.

@seanie_320 if you read this - could I ask what you ended up doing as I see from a couple of years ago you looking into this stuff.

Has anyone got one of the new 4K matrix range? Any thoughts - too expensive or brilliant?

Do they play well with the BLGW - can it control everything connected to the Matrix and the Matrix itself etc.

Do they send out HDMI-CEC so it maaaay be possible to turn on a 3rd party TV directly to HDMI showing the source you want.

One thing that might scupper the PS4 idea is the Bluetooth range of the PS4 controllers!! I'm going to test how far I can get them in the next few days.

BeoVision Eclipse 55”, Beolab 18s, Beolab 19s, Beosound 1, Beoplay P2, H3, BeoRemote One IR, BeoRemote One BT, Beoplay S8, Beosound Essence MkII, BeoTime

mjmedlo
Top 100 Contributor
Posts 922
Bronze Member
mjmedlo replied on Wed, Apr 20 2016 3:14 AM
Chris Hassell:

Hi all, I'm so tempted by an Atlona matrix to send my sources to TVs around the house. The only strong reason I can think to do it is so my son can pickup his PS4 when he's kicked off the big Avant I'll have downstairs. I'll get it out of the way though... much of the reason I'm up for it is to geek-out!

I'm probably going to get a 4x4 as it will feed 3 TVs (one locally probably though HDMI out, and 2 more over CAT7). Inputs will be AppleTV x 2, PS4, and WiiU. Ideally I'd have another input too but then would have to jump up to 8x8 which could be a bit much financially.

@seanie_320 if you read this - could I ask what you ended up doing as I see from a couple of years ago you looking into this stuff.

Has anyone got one of the new 4K matrix range? Any thoughts - too expensive or brilliant?

Do they play well with the BLGW - can it control everything connected to the Matrix and the Matrix itself etc.

Do they send out HDMI-CEC so it maaaay be possible to turn on a 3rd party TV directly to HDMI showing the source you want.

One thing that might scupper the PS4 idea is the Bluetooth range of the PS4 controllers!! I'm going to test how far I can get them in the next few days. BV11-46, Beoplay A2, H3 ANC, Beo 4, Beoplay S8, Beosound Essence MkII

I've got an old pro88. It works perfectly. 1080p

I purchased an 8x8 uhd for a client. But haven't installed it yet.

There are some known issues with the uhd. Try a pro3hd. Good piece and reasonable on eBay.

Also, there are some 6x6 that might me a perfect solution for you.

Good luck. You'll love it.

I have 3 cable boxes an Apple TV and a roku spreading over 8 televisions. I love mine.

Griebel
Top 200 Contributor
Posts 416
Gold Member
Griebel replied on Wed, Apr 20 2016 9:23 AM
I have been using the 4x4 Atlona matrix for a bit more than 2 years to distribute HDMI sources (Apple TV, Humax sat, Canal+ and Oppo (now replaced by Zappiti)) throughout the house via in-wall cat 7 cables. All can be controlled via the BeoLink app thanks to the MLGW. Eveything just worked great, no issue whatsoever, until the recent BeoLink App update, which resulted in the Atlona sources no longer being controlled by the App.

I contacted Beo(doesn't)Care, but as usual they replied by pushing their favorite reply button ("Please contact your dealer" [:\'(]). The tech who did the MGLW install is unavaible for an undetermined time Angry, so I'm left with this unsolved issue).

I'm wondering if the Atlona matrix issue with the BeoLink/MLGW (BLGW also?) has been encountered by other users since the App update?
Chris Hassell
Top 200 Contributor
London
Posts 396
Bronze Member
Griebel:

I have been using the 4x4 Atlona matrix for a bit more than 2 years to distribute HDMI sources (Apple TV, Humax sat, Canal+ and Oppo (now replaced by Zappiti)) throughout the house via in-wall cat 7 cables. All can be controlled via the BeoLink app thanks to the MLGW. Eveything just worked great, no issue whatsoever, until the recent BeoLink App update, which resulted in the Atlona sources no longer being controlled by the App.

I contacted Beo(doesn't)Care, but as usual they replied by pushing their favorite reply button ("Please contact your dealer" [:\'(]). The tech who did the MGLW install is unavaible for an undetermined time , so I'm left with this unsolved issue).

I'm wondering if the Atlona matrix issue with the BeoLink/MLGW (BLGW also?) has been encountered by other users since the App update?

Oh wow that sounds annoying for you @griebel!

BeoVision Eclipse 55”, Beolab 18s, Beolab 19s, Beosound 1, Beoplay P2, H3, BeoRemote One IR, BeoRemote One BT, Beoplay S8, Beosound Essence MkII, BeoTime

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS