Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

Apple TV Volume Control Remote Issues

rated by 0 users
This post has 5 Replies | 1 Follower

Omario
Not Ranked
Posts 2
Bronze Member
Omario Posted: Mon, Jun 20 2016 3:02 PM

Hello

I have recently become a member of the B&O club (BV11-40) and am in the process of getting everything set up. First post on the forums, so apologies if I've tagged this in the wrong place!

I bought a 4th generation Apple TV and everything worked fine with the TV (I was able to control the B&O volume using the Apple Siri remote without having to do any extra setting up). My Apple TV was faulty and I therefore had to exchange the unit for a brand new one - however, I am now unable to get the Apple Siri remote to control the B&O volume any more. Angry Very bizarre. Whilst I understand there is an option of using an IR-PUC cable, we have two young children and I therefore don't use the B&O remote very often as the kids will break it(!) Surprise

The volume function on the Apple Siri remote was extremely useful to me but I am unable to get it working. I saw some other threads on this forum where people seem to have got it working (and others who have been unable to do so).

So, my question is does anyone know how to get the Apple Siri remote to control the B&O tv volume? I can select the "Volume control - Auto via IR (TV)" option in the Apple TV menu but it doesn't actually do anything when you press the volume buttons on the Apple Siri remote. Is there a clear answer on this or is it simply a case of pot luck as to whether your Apple Siri remote will control your B&O volume? Would exchanging the Apple Siri remote work? I understand that the Apple TV is unable to learn the B&O IR code so there is no way to get the Apple TV to 'learn' the B&O remote settings.

I tried calling Apple support and the bloke on the phone had no idea what a Bang & Olufsen was. My local B&O store suggested an IR-PUC cable - I understand that this will enable me to use the B&O remote to control the Apple TV - will it also give me the volume control functionality that I wanted with the Apple Siri remote?

Any help would be much appreciated!

Thanks

Big Smile

Beroli
Top 500 Contributor
Germany
Posts 316
Bronze Member
Beroli replied on Mon, Jun 20 2016 6:48 PM

Hi Omario,

you need to update the firmware of the AppleTV 4th Generation remote. 

before I write down the whole procedure, here is the manual from wccftech.com

Be sure to completely charge your Siri Remote before going ahead with this guide.

1. On your Apple TV 4, open the ‘Settings’ app from your home screen.

2. Click and open ‘Remotes and Devices.’

3. Now open ‘Bluetooth.’

4. Now you’re going to highlight ‘Remote’ at the top and press the ‘Play/Pause’ button four times in quick succession.

5. At this point, you’re back at the ‘Remotes and Devices’ screen. If there’s a firmware update available for your Siri Remote, it will start downloading in the background and will be installed when your Apple TV 4 is in sleep mode and not in use.

Keep in mind that the firmware download can take quite a while depending on the speed of your Internet connection. In extreme cases, the download can take up to 30 minutes, so don’t panic if you think things aren’t moving at all for you.

While the Siri Remote updates itself in the background from time to time, but the above method is great if you want to speed things up according to your liking. Personally though, I would recommend that you let your Apple TV 4 and Siri Remote on its own and let them both do their thing when it comes to background updates. Of course, your device isn’t harmed when you kick off the update process, but you should always exercise caution wherever necessary.

Also be sure to keep your Siri Remote fully charged before you’re going ahead with the update process. You don’t want things to shut down half way through, leaving you with a paperweight remote.

if you do the said procedure you will have the ability to use the new Apple Remote with your BeoVision

Cheers Beroli

Omario
Not Ranked
Posts 2
Bronze Member
Omario replied on Mon, Jun 20 2016 9:15 PM

Thanks so much! Funnily enough, I asked the Apple support technician if it was possible to update the remote and he said no! It works fine now thanks to your suggestion 😀

Beroli
Top 500 Contributor
Germany
Posts 316
Bronze Member
Beroli replied on Wed, Jun 22 2016 3:45 AM

Hi Omario,

You are welcome 🤓 I had the same trouble like you. It took me a while too. Usually the remote is updated automatically some days after the AppleTV downloaded a new firmware. Sometimes you have to push the procedure, mostly in cases, when the remote is not fully charged or the Apple-Server is busy to roll out new software or beta-versions.

Cheers

naysonn
Not Ranked
Posts 1
Bronze Member
naysonn replied on Sun, Nov 21 2021 4:16 AM

Hello! I recently purchased the new 2021 4K Apple TV, and I also own a B@O Beovision TV.  Is it possible to use the volume controls and the power button on the apple remote to control the television? I cannot get it to work!

Guy
Top 50 Contributor
Warwickshire
Posts 2,590
Gold Member
Guy replied on Sun, Nov 21 2021 7:01 AM

naysonn:

Hello! I recently purchased the new 2021 4K Apple TV, and I also own a B@O Beovision TV.  Is it possible to use the volume controls and the power button on the apple remote to control the television? I cannot get it to work!

If you have either the ‘white circle’ or newer larger Siri remotes then it is probably not possible.  Have a read of this thread:  https://archivedforum2.beoworld.org/forums/t/34673.aspx

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS