Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

Use of RF (LINK) output and Distribution amplifier

rated by 0 users
This post has 11 Replies | 0 Followers

patcherley
Not Ranked
Posts 67
Gold Member
patcherley Posted: Wed, Jun 22 2016 11:38 AM

I currently have a Beovision 7-40 and Sky HD, I watch Sky on old (non B&O) televisions by using the Sky RF out  connected to an loft box distribution amplifier. If I move to Sky Q I would no longer be able to do this. Can I connect the B&O RF (Link) output to the distribution box as an alternative?

I have tried various experiments with no success, or do I need a RF link amplifier?

Or any other suggestions.

Thanks in anticipation.

Paul

patcherley
Not Ranked
Posts 67
Gold Member

I have now purchased a RF link amplifier with return path and followed the connection diagram but am not getting a signal out from the television. I have the BeoVision 7-40 Link set to on and have tried both connecting to the distribution amplifer and straight to a non B&O television.

Any ideas what else I need to do?

stefan
Top 50 Contributor
200 miles from Struer
Posts 2,920
Bronze Member
stefan replied on Sat, Jul 2 2016 12:08 PM

Not many replies here...

Maybe it would help to have more information about your setup...

- Which 7-40 do you have?

- How is your Sky box connected? HDMI + Scart?

- Are transmitting and receiving link frequency setup correctly?

Stefan

patcherley
Not Ranked
Posts 67
Gold Member

Stefan,

It is a mark 3 type 9379, sky is connected via HDMI, I have link frequency 591 and modulator ON. I have tried to tune the receiving TV but not seen a signal.

Paul 

BEOVOX141
Top 150 Contributor
Denmark, West
Posts 711
Bronze Member

Hi

Unfortunately you cannot use the HDMI input for this, only SCART will work!

...However... Your TV does have Cinema out (DVI) and this output can distribute anything... Format 0! 

patcherley
Not Ranked
Posts 67
Gold Member

Should I be able to distribute DVT and other scary based signals?

BEOVOX141
Top 150 Contributor
Denmark, West
Posts 711
Bronze Member

Scart, yes.

As to DTV, you need to be more specific? 

Internal or external tuner?

stefan
Top 50 Contributor
200 miles from Struer
Posts 2,920
Bronze Member
stefan replied on Sat, Jul 2 2016 4:05 PM

patcherley:

Should I be able to distribute DVT and other scary based signals?

Yes, should be possible to distribute internal DVD and DTV via RF - they are also connected (internal) via composite and analog audio.

Stefan

stefan
Top 50 Contributor
200 miles from Struer
Posts 2,920
Bronze Member
stefan replied on Sat, Jul 2 2016 4:10 PM

patcherley:

Stefan,

It is a mark 3 type 9379, sky is connected via HDMI, I have link frequency 591 and modulator ON. I have tried to tune the receiving TV but not seen a signal.

Paul 

Play the internal DVD player while you tune in the system - I´d first connect a link TV directly to the RF modulator in the main room without the link amp.

Stefan

patcherley
Not Ranked
Posts 67
Gold Member

I have now Masterlinked the two B&O and the link TV works fine. From reading this forum I would expect that if I set the Modulator was set to ON I would see the link channel as long as I wasn't viewing HD, but this isn't the case and I always have to activate the link via the linked TV, am I missing something?

As partt of the same process I am trying to split an HDMI signal, does anyone know of an HDMI splitter with a fixed resolution rather adjusting to the lowest resolution of the connected devices?

Paul

Scott
Not Ranked
Ayrshire, Scotland
Posts 54
Bronze Member
Scott replied on Fri, Oct 28 2016 12:41 PM

hi Paul,

i tried something similar with my Beovision 6 output and found the RF output would only work with a masterlinked B&O tv when i selected a source in the link room. The RF output does not appear to work in a non-masterlink system.

there are DVB-T modulators available on amazon/ebay that you could use to send an HDMI signal to your loft distributer and then all your other TV's connected would be able to see that source as part of their freeview channels? (i believe the other tv's need to support freeview HD for that to work though).

Beocenter 8500 / Beolab 4000 / Beosystem 5500 / Beolab 8000 / Beogram 2000 / Beosound 8 / Beovision 6-26 / Beovision MX4000 / Beomaster 1900-1 / Beovox CX50 / Beoplay H4 / Beoplay A1 / Beocom 1401 x2

patcherley
Not Ranked
Posts 67
Gold Member

Scott, thanks, looks like I have to open the link then. The DVB-T solution won't work because of the other TVs involved. I keep looking for a splitter that will work via an old DVR. Paul

Page 1 of 1 (12 items) | RSS