Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

Beoplay H6 (Gen2) Amp

rated by 0 users
This post has 5 Replies | 1 Follower

beetlejuice
Not Ranked
Posts 5
Bronze Member
beetlejuice Posted: Tue, Jul 19 2016 11:41 PM

I want to maximize the sound experience in my H6 (Gen2) headphones, by getting an amp. The question are now..

- Will I hear any difference?

- Which amp should I get? Been looking at the dragonfly Black.

leosgonewild
Top 50 Contributor
Helsinki, Finland
Posts 2,373
Bronze Member
Are you looking for a amp to use at home or on the go?

"You think we can slap some oak on this thing?"

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
Posts 14,680
Gold Member

On my Mac Mini I use the Audioengine D1 USB/DAC.

This way I get the headphone output (and amp), an output for my (active Audioengine) speakers and - most important - a decent volume control.

I would not/would not advice to invest more than that - the benefits will be too small....if any at all.

By the way - after fiddling with some headphone amps for my old (30 pin) iPad, I now (with my new iPad Air and the iPhone) just plug the H6 into the headphone output. I don't need more/more 'power' than, what I get there.

MM

There is a tv - and there is a BV

leosgonewild
Top 50 Contributor
Helsinki, Finland
Posts 2,373
Bronze Member
I have used a Fido amp and also the vamp Verza with my old iPhone 5s. It gave a lot more power. And also it gave better sound from the Verza.

"You think we can slap some oak on this thing?"

jonathane40
Not Ranked
Posts 2
Bronze Member

Hi, I also wonder if other people are using any DAC/Amp with the Generarion 2 H6. I am using a Dragonfly black with mainly CDs and to be honest I don't really notice agreat improvement. I mainly notice that they are louder. I have been using it through my MacBook Pro and iPhone 7+. Curious to see which other amps people are using!

Cheers,

Jon

jonathane40
Not Ranked
Posts 2
Bronze Member

Hi, I also wonder if other people are using any DAC/Amp with the Generarion 2 H6. I am using a Dragonfly black with mainly CDs and to be honest I don't really notice agreat improvement. I mainly notice that they are louder. I have been using it through my MacBook Pro and iPhone 7+. Curious to see which other amps people are using!

Cheers,

Jon

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS