Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

Very cheap GQ Magazine offer

rated by 0 users
This post has 8 Replies | 0 Followers

9 LEE
Top 10 Contributor
Eastbourne, UK
Posts 7,218
Founder
9 LEE Posted: Sun, Jul 31 2016 6:38 PM

Just got this offer posted to me as I used to subscribe - and they're clearly desperate to get the readership back up!!  I have no affiliation to them, but I do have an affiliation to you guys when I see a bargain.

I've just signed up for 24 issues, delivered to my home, with a £26 free gift, and £45.98 worth of the digital edition for 2 years.

So, let's do some maths...

£3.99 cover price x 24 = £95.76

Free Gift = £26

Digital iPad/iPhone Edition for 2 years : £45.98

Total : £167.71

______

I've just paid £24 for ALL of the above.  Mad. That barely covers the postage, if at all.

Cut and paste this into your browser and hopefully you'll get the same :

www.magazineboutique.co.uk/gq/JGQ16015

I typed in 016 on the end, and 017, and it still worked - so maybe it's just a random number?

Anyway, if you buy GQ already - what a deal!

Lee

Peter the Biker
Top 100 Contributor
Eastwestfalia
Posts 944
Gold Member
GQ does not look like my cup of tea. wired looks more interesting ...

Peter the biker

Paul W
Top 75 Contributor
London
Posts 1,810
Bronze Member
Paul W replied on Sun, Jul 31 2016 8:24 PM

I got a similar GQ deal Lee. Mine was £12 for 12 issues PLUS I got £26 worth of American Crew Hair wax and shampoo which I actually buy!

I got really great deals on other mags too. Conde Nast Traveller is my favourite. I find GQ really shallow these days but once I've had a quick look at it, I pass it on to the guys at the gym so everyone is happy :)

Simonbeo
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,451
Bronze Member
Simonbeo replied on Sun, Jul 31 2016 8:42 PM

I subscribe to Icon design magazine on a £26 first year deal but imagine renewal will be automatic and much higher full price. The renewal on our British Heritage membership just came through on a similar basis at nearly £100 and I don't feel we can get our money's worth at that rate. I'll probably remember to phone them and discuss this but I suspect I'm not the only person who forgets!

Beo Century ,Beoplay V1, Beocenter 6, Ex-Beolit 12, Beotime , A8. Beolit 15 , Form 2i , Beolab 2000, Beoplay A3.Beosound 1

Paul W
Top 75 Contributor
London
Posts 1,810
Bronze Member
Paul W replied on Sun, Jul 31 2016 9:52 PM

Ouch Simon! Conde Nast are very good and keep the discount price for you continuously year after year! IPC were the worst for me, so I cancelled their mags. I've done really well with magazine subscriptions. I got £68 worth of ESPA products from a £20 subscription last year and they were the sen care products that I buy so I was very happy - just shows you the profit margins on these things I guess!

Jeff
Top 25 Contributor
USA
Posts 3,793
Silver Member
Jeff replied on Mon, Aug 1 2016 2:13 PM

Most of the money made by magazines is not from the purchase price but from sale of ads, and the higher the circulation the more money they can charge for ad space. I'm still getting at least three magazines we stopped paying for 5 years ago, every month like clockwork. Occasionally get a "you must renew" letter, which we ignore, but the magazines still keep coming.

Jeff

I'm afraid I'm recovering from the BeoVirus. Sad

Simonbeo
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,451
Bronze Member

Ironically much of the circulation of many magazines is in the complimentary copies to advertisers. My father was an adman so he explained this to me at a young age!

Beo Century ,Beoplay V1, Beocenter 6, Ex-Beolit 12, Beotime , A8. Beolit 15 , Form 2i , Beolab 2000, Beoplay A3.Beosound 1

9 LEE
Top 10 Contributor
Eastbourne, UK
Posts 7,218
Founder
9 LEE replied on Mon, Aug 1 2016 5:30 PM

Either way, it's a heck of an offer!!  I'm having them delivered to my work, so staff and customers can read them too!

I think they call it "sharing the love" Cool

Lee

Simonbeo
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,451
Bronze Member

That's a good idea as I am always unable to dispose of magazines! Sharing is the way.

Page 1 of 1 (9 items) | RSS