Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

It's Beer-o-Clock

rated by 0 users
This post has 14 Replies | 0 Followers

elephant
Top 10 Contributor
AU
Posts 8,219
Founder

The evidence from Struer is that I am not the only one who enjoys a good beer ... so I thought I would start a thread dedicated to the fine art of the brewing and the beers we enjoy ... or have at least tested ... cheers Beer Beer Beer

BeoNut since '75

Puncher
Top 10 Contributor
Durham
Posts 11,729
Bronze Member

OK, I'm game - this is my "goto" beer in a can. I like to try more off the wall stuff when I'm out but at home it has to be -

Ban boring signatures!

Paul W
Top 75 Contributor
London
Posts 1,810
Bronze Member
Paul W replied on Sun, Jul 29 2012 3:47 PM

I don't drink alcohol Elephant, so I will toast to you with a bottle of sparkling San Pellegrino

Here's to your good health!

Søren Mexico
Top 10 Contributor
Mexico City
Posts 6,411
Bronze Member

Beer has to come from tap or a bottle, cans are for conserving food, I like the Mexican beers, the darker type like, Negra Modelo, Indio, Pacific. Served at 7 degrees Celsius in a pre cooled  glass.

Light beer is a crime against humanity.

Collecting Vintage B&O is not a hobby, its a lifestyle.

JC
Top 150 Contributor
West Yorkshire
Posts 764
Silver Member
JC replied on Sun, Jul 29 2012 5:18 PM

San Miguel for me folks, maybe with anchovie stuffed green olivesStick out tongue

beocool
Top 25 Contributor
Alankomaat
Posts 6,194
Bronze Member
beocool replied on Sun, Jul 29 2012 5:33 PM

elephant:

The evidence from Struer is that I am not the only one who enjoys a good beer ... so I thought I would start a thread dedicated to the fine art of the brewing and the beers we enjoy ... or have at least tested ... cheers Beer Beer Beer

I can see myself in that picture. Probably holding a glass of Carlsberg. Beer

Vähintään yhdeksänkymmentä prosenttia suomalainen! 

Søren Hammer
Top 100 Contributor
Denmark
Posts 953
Bronze Member

It's probably an insult to call this good, but I still enjoy it.

Vinyl records, cassettes, open reel, valve amplifiers and film photography.

tournedos
Top 10 Contributor
Finland
Posts 7,357
Bronze Member
tournedos replied on Sun, Jul 29 2012 7:02 PM

I'm not picky, I'll drink anything. But if I want to treat myself, it's often this:

(wonder why they couldn't find a full bottle to photograph? Big Smile )

--mika

Søren Mexico
Top 10 Contributor
Mexico City
Posts 6,411
Bronze Member

Søren Hammer:

It's probably an insult to call this good, but I still enjoy it.

The taste is OK, but I call it Fart beer, (Fiseøl), so stay out in free air, or alone, for a couple of hours after enjoying it.Big Smile

Collecting Vintage B&O is not a hobby, its a lifestyle.

elephant
Top 10 Contributor
AU
Posts 8,219
Founder

beocool:

elephant:

Indeed you are and yes you were drinking Carlsberg as the hotel had a limited selection !

I went to Denmark with a mission ..........

... to drink the famous Elephant beer in its natural surroundings Laughing

Sadly I failed in this endeavour ... no matter where we were I could not find any Elephant.

So this weekend, with the pending visit of a friend who is a beer connoisseur and home brewer, I to find a beer to share and I was delighted to in my locate this six pack ... which exists no more Laughing ... and which we both agreed has a wonderful range of subtle tastes

BeoNut since '75

valve1
Top 75 Contributor
The south of France and occasionally Dublin Ireland
Posts 1,502
Gold Member
valve1 replied on Mon, Jul 30 2012 6:56 AM

elephant:

Been there done that ! It is an excellent larger and we got the impression it was a special edition at the time.My friend who was with me at the time was in Copenhagen sometime later and could not get it at all until he found the same cafe. So not very available.

There is a huge explosion of micro breweries popping up every where and I have not found a bad one yet. But back to mainstream beers,

Best south east Asian beer Beerlao

Best South American beer(so far)  Cerveza Austral in Chile

Søren Hammer
Top 100 Contributor
Denmark
Posts 953
Bronze Member

Elephant beer is available in my local super market - you should have asked about it when you were visiting me Laughing

We usually call it "Trunk water" (Snabelvand) 

Vinyl records, cassettes, open reel, valve amplifiers and film photography.

elephant
Top 10 Contributor
AU
Posts 8,219
Founder
elephant replied on Mon, Jul 30 2012 12:28 PM

Søren Hammer:
Elephant beer is available in my local super market - you should have asked about it when you were visiting me Laughing

Clearly a beer (at 7.2%) for manly Jutlanders and not those silly islanders living in Copenhagen Smile

BeoNut since '75

beocool
Top 25 Contributor
Alankomaat
Posts 6,194
Bronze Member
beocool replied on Mon, Jul 30 2012 4:57 PM

elephant:

beocool:

elephant:

Indeed you are and yes you were drinking Carlsberg as the hotel had a limited selection !

I went to Denmark with a mission ..........

Sadly I failed in this endeavour ... no matter where we were I could not find any Elephant.

So this weekend, with the pending visit of a friend who is a beer connoisseur and home brewer, I to find a beer to share and I was delighted to in my locate this six pack ... which exists no more Laughing ... and which we both agreed has a wonderful range of subtle tastes

That looks lovely. Anyway, I went to the Heineken museum in Amsterdam a few days back with a friend. Had a good time. Beer

Vähintään yhdeksänkymmentä prosenttia suomalainen! 

elephant
Top 10 Contributor
AU
Posts 8,219
Founder
elephant replied on Mon, Jul 30 2012 7:16 PM

beocool:
That looks lovely. Anyway, I went to the Heineken museum in Amsterdam a few days back with a friend. Had a good time. Beer

My next holiday Smile Beer ahhhh Big Smile

BeoNut since '75

Page 1 of 1 (15 items) | RSS