Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

Lintronic TT455( 5.1) & 455KHz

rated by 0 users
This post has 2 Replies | 2 Followers

Michael
Top 500 Contributor
Atlanta
Posts 98
Founder
Michael Posted: Mon, Aug 15 2016 2:22 PM

I've dug up my old TT455 (HW5.1) and bought the new Lintronic software to try and do some macro programming in my home office.

The goal is to simply send out additional B&O commands after receiving a trigger command from a BEO4.

I no longer have an external IR-Eye and am relying on the internal IR receiver and transmitter.

After confirming (in the software "test" function) that the TT455 can send the correct signals to the equipment I load the memory maps.  However, theTT455 has yet to trigger/transmit anything throughout a bunch of experiments once disconnected from the software.

It will both respond to and transmit to B&O signals when using the test function in the software, but not on it's own after loading the setup.

I can't find any instructions for hardware 5.1 posted online anywhere so I'm unsure of any special set-up steps for it.

Assuming the unit is functioning correctly I'm wondering if (outside the software) the unit won't receive a 455KHz signals or transmit a 455KHz signal without an external receiver or transmitter for some reason or some special configuration.

Can any one confirm whether the HW5.1 unit can function in this way?

If so, are there thoughts on why it may not be behaving correctly?

Thanks!

Michael

TWG
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,672
Gold Member
TWG replied on Tue, Aug 16 2016 7:28 AM

The Lintronic box Version HW 5.1 can send and receive B&O signals on its own as I'm using it this way.

As you said you've used an external IR-receiver there could be a way to configure it. When I'm back at home at the weekend I can have a look for you if you have the time.

btw: Did you contact the Lintronic support? Michael from Lintronic is helpful and has enough knowledge to help you.

Michael
Top 500 Contributor
Atlanta
Posts 98
Founder
Michael replied on Tue, Aug 16 2016 6:08 PM

Thanks.  Michael was traveling so I was on my own for a few days.  Turns out it was a hardware issue. It was simply not receiving so no triggers were occurring.  Re-flashing the unit with firmware solved the issue.

Thats what I get for hiding it in the basement for 5 years.  Tough and robust little unit though.

Thanks!

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS