Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

Beosound 9000 Sledge Error 30

rated by 0 users
This post has 2 Replies | 1 Follower

Weebyx
Top 75 Contributor
Denmark
Posts 1,213
Bronze Member
Weebyx Posted: Fri, Aug 26 2016 10:22 PM

Hi..

Just got hold of my first BS9000 MK2 I would like to fix for my living room :)

Got it cheap, as the seller told me that it had issues with the cd, and since it's the MK2, I figured it needed a CDM21.4 laser :)

But no.... that is not the problem. When I went to get it, it was "kind of dead", everything seemed very slow in response. The lid did not open, sledge wouldn't move, but light came on. Radio would not turn on, but then after some time it did, and the system powered down..

Oh well, I had driven 300km to get it, and got it even cheaper since now there was something else wrong.

I red in another thread about bad solderings in the power supply, so figured that might be the case.

Took it home, had in my nice cool car at 19 degrees on the way home (today it was 31 degrees celsius in DK), and the living room we tested in, was even hotter I think :)

When I got home, I powered it up. It did some funny stuff, but the suddenly the sledge said a click sound, and moved "into place". Then the system powered up. I adjusted the position settings, and put cd's in, and it played fine.

So laser is fine.

But when it moves fast, it has trouble stopping at the right places, with the lid open, all is good.

I ran TM27 to see errors, and there were some power/cd/sledge errors.

Cleared them all so I kno what I have to deal with.

Ran TM71 which calibrates a lot of stuff, but when the sledge moves fast, it stops where it shouldn't and throws this error..

• 30: CC sledge pos count error.

A counter error has been registered on the signal from the sledge tacho. It is registered at 35IC2 pin 1, 44, 5 and 9 

Could this be as simple as dust on the tacho disc, red somewhere that it could be a problem ? Have not had it open yet, would just like to hear if any of you have experience with this error ?

Thanx

/Weebyx

Saint Beogrowler
Top 150 Contributor
Saint Paul
Posts 780
Bronze Member
Mine didn't always slide correctly when the glass was closed but worked fine when opened. The glass lid wasn't sitting parallel and making contact with the sledge. Two screws under the aluminum top fixed that. Some odd behavior when playing disc 5 and 6. The adjusting screws on the sledge for how the beosound is setup, horizontal on the wall, table, verticals needed to be adjusted as described in the owners manual fixed that.
Weebyx
Top 75 Contributor
Denmark
Posts 1,213
Bronze Member
Weebyx replied on Wed, Aug 31 2016 9:08 PM

Just to keep you updated.

I have solved the issue with the sledge error, and the failure of running TM71.

Opened he unit up, and as suspected, the optocoupler wheel that detects sledge position, was completely filled with dust, and the wheel it self was all grey and the grooves had dust in them..

Removed all the dust that could be blown away, and then cleaned the wheel very carefully with a fibre cloth. The wheel went back to its shiny self, and after reassembling the unit and clearing all errors, testmode 71 and 73 ran without any issues.

So for the measly sum of nothing, the unit is back to full mode again :)

/Weebyx 

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS