Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

I was away for a while

rated by 0 users
This post has 13 Replies | 0 Followers

Søren Mexico
Top 10 Contributor
Mexico City
Posts 6,411
Bronze Member
Søren Mexico Posted: Sun, Aug 28 2016 3:39 AM

And here the explanation: Coming back from two weeks vacations in DK (more about that later) I found my house and workshop with water damages, the house not too much, just some 10 square meter wood floor, the workshop worse, marks on the walls showed water up to 20 cm. Nearly 100 square meters covered with a sewer mud layer. Several toolboxes, a mig solder, a tig solder and other bits and pieces had been under the water. My measurement tools, several verniers, digital micrometers and a couple of digital multi meters  was the worst. I could save most of it but the tig solder and the most expensive digital 0.001 mm micrometer is gone for good.

Along one side of our plot we had just finished a new 22 meter long brick wall from the outside, the inside not jet, the result was that about 4 meters of the soil foundation has been partly flushed away. This was solved with 200 Kg of steel and 1 M3 of concrete.

Comes to it the backlash of work from 2 weeks away, and new jobs coming in. I have been busy Smile

As if all this wasn't enough, on the night of 8th of August we were burglarized, the F°°°°°°° entered over the not finished top part of the wall, and while we were sleeping stole 2 computer 2 cell phones and my wife's handbag, containing all her credit cards and IDS and what women normally carry in their handbags. My youngest son was here for a short visit, after finishing his Cand. Merc. before starting his first "real" work with Deloitte in DK, one phone and one computer belonged to him. The other phone and computer was mine, with no backup I lost all my pics from the vacation and some more files that will take time to restore again, as luck will I always have my B&O files on at least 2 computers, my son told me to use the "Cloud" , but as the oldtimer I am I like it here and now also without the web.

I will be back in a couple of weeks in the known fashion but I learned from this that I dont need Beoworld or vintage gear (that turns on with one push button) family, home and work comes first.

The ones of you who writes me on nielsen@nigraph.com send me a mail, my contacts from my old computer is outdated   

Collecting Vintage B&O is not a hobby, its a lifestyle.

square4
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 241
Gold Member
square4 replied on Sun, Aug 28 2016 4:52 AM

Hi Søren. 

I know that you had a water damage bur i didnt know that it was that bad.

Looking foreward too hear from you again.

Henrik 

sonavor
Top 25 Contributor
Texas, United States
Posts 3,732
Bronze Member
sonavor replied on Sun, Aug 28 2016 4:59 AM

Wow, very sorry to hear about this Søren. I just sent you an email. I'm glad you and your family are safe.

Regards,
John

elephant
Top 10 Contributor
AU
Posts 8,219
Founder
elephant replied on Sun, Aug 28 2016 5:04 AM
Welcome back; yes, family comes first - but hey we're sort of family ! We all have aluminium in our arteries and veins !

BeoNut since '75

the_o_master
Top 100 Contributor
Posts 856
Bronze Member

Sorry to hear about your problems, Søren. But with your skills, I am sure you will get all in few weeks!

And of course welcome back, vintage threads on Beoworld are very silent at the moment Wink

Theomaster

Vintage Bang & Olufsen

TWG
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,672
Gold Member
TWG replied on Mon, Aug 29 2016 9:35 AM

Søren, very sad to thear those bad news. I hate bad people like thieves etc. They have to be punished much harder than today.

Glad that you and your family are good as things can go worse if people are at home during burglary.

Family comes first, yes, but we need hobbies, too and if these hobbies are aluminium related, it's a nice touch to life. :-)

Bv7Mk3
Top 150 Contributor
uk
Posts 781
Bronze Member
Bv7Mk3 replied on Mon, Aug 29 2016 10:09 AM
Sorry to hear that and a Speedy Recovery as you can!

Hope they get payback! As for flood been there came back off a 3 week holiday years ago to find the ground floor of my house under water I had just done wooden floor,kitchen ect.

As for your phone if you have apple do you have the track my phone or remote wipe/lock activated?
Jeff
Top 25 Contributor
USA
Posts 3,793
Silver Member
Jeff replied on Mon, Aug 29 2016 3:16 PM

Very sorry to hear of your problems Soren, at least you and your family are safe, which is the most important thing. But what a double whammy, a flood followed by theft, that's, as we say, adding insult to injury.

Jeff

I'm afraid I'm recovering from the BeoVirus. Sad

Rich
Top 50 Contributor
Orlando, Florida, USA
Posts 2,598
Bronze Member
Rich replied on Mon, Aug 29 2016 6:25 PM

Sorry about your losses old friend.  Good luck moving forward.

Michael
Top 50 Contributor
Sweden
Posts 2,578
Bronze Member
Michael replied on Mon, Aug 29 2016 8:00 PM
I'm sorry too, but happy you are safe!

Beolab 50, Beolab 8000 x 2, Beolab 4000 x 2, 
BeoSound Core, BeoSound 9000, BeoSound Century, 
BeoLit 15, BeoPlay A1, BeoPlay P2, BeoPlay H9 3rd Gen, BeoPlay H6, EarSet 3i, 
BeoVision Eclipse Gen 2 55", BeoPlay V1-40, 
BeoCom 6000 and so much else :)  

Sal
Top 75 Contributor
California, USA
Posts 1,197
Bronze Member
Sal replied on Mon, Aug 29 2016 8:08 PM

Welcome back, sorry to read about the troubles. Hope everything will be back to normal sooner than later. 

MediaBobNY
Top 75 Contributor
Greenwich Village, NYC
Posts 1,106
Bronze Member

Proof that bad things happen to good people.  We can live without Beoworld.  We can live without Bang & Olufsen.  We can't live without you on Beoworld.

Welcome back.

Andrew
Top 100 Contributor
Frinton, UK
Posts 917
Bronze Member
Andrew replied on Tue, Aug 30 2016 11:13 AM

Hi Soren, very sorry to hear about all this and hope that you get everything back to normal - it's really sickening when you hear about things like this happening and makes you realise just how much scum there is out there - I hope that somehow justice is served on them. In the meantime look forward to future posts on restoration projects as I enjoy reading them and admire your dedication and commitment,

DMacri
Top 100 Contributor
United States
Posts 881
Gold Member
DMacri replied on Sun, Sep 4 2016 12:46 PM
Very sorry to hear about your troubles, Søren.

Dom

2x BeoSystem 3, BeoSystem 5000, BeoSystem 6500, 2x BeoMaster 7000, 2 pair of BeoLab Penta mk2, AV 7000, Beolab 4000, BeoSound 4000, Playmaker, BeoLab 2500, S-45, S-45.2, RL-140, CX-50, C-75, 3x CX-100, 3x MCL2 link rooms, 3x Beolab 2000, M3, P2, Earset, A8 earphones, A3, 2x 4001 relay, H3, H3 ANC, H6, 2014 Audi S5 with B&O sound, and ambio 

Page 1 of 1 (14 items) | RSS