Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

BeoSound Moment, data refresh, and playlists vanishing

rated by 0 users
This post has 23 Replies | 1 Follower

johnbrks
Not Ranked
Posts 53
Bronze Member
johnbrks Posted: Mon, Aug 29 2016 6:35 AM

My Moment had been going along fine.  I added two playlists to my DLNA server and then accidentally tapped 'refresh data' instead of 'force recheck'.  The About item on the menu has a checkmark and says the Moment is ready to use, but only two of 12 playlists appear. 

All the artists appear and it will play the music.  Is it still 'refreshing' even though it says it is done under the about menu?  Why wouldn't the playlists appeared even though they had appeared before?  

it's been a couple of hours, which i could understand if it is rebuilding the mood wheel, but shouldn't the playlists appear?

Paul
Not Ranked
Westport, Ireland
Posts 28
Bronze Member
Paul replied on Mon, Aug 29 2016 9:09 PM

I'm having the same problem with mine except it's with Deezer playlists not appearing on the moment after they've been created on mobile and/or through a browser. Ive tried everything to remedy but no luck, so I suspect the two issues are connected.

Any Moment users out there who cannot add playlists or are seeing existing ones disappear?

Brigantinus
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 140
Bronze Member

Seems to be a Deezer problem. I added a playlist but it is not in my personal playlist directory

Brigantinus
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 140
Bronze Member

Sorry - i have to tell you it works, the playlist is in my BS Moment.

Paul
Not Ranked
Westport, Ireland
Posts 28
Bronze Member
Paul replied on Mon, Aug 29 2016 10:35 PM

OK, have you created the playlist in Deezer (i.e. not selected an existing Deezer playlist to add to your music account), added some music? I've submitted a ticket to Deezer to see if they can help. I can add songs to existing custom playlists I've created but cannot add new Custom playlists. 

Brigantinus
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 140
Bronze Member

Same problem, the new created playlist does not appear. Existing playlists do. Please keep us updated, when you get an answer from Deezer

johnbrks
Not Ranked
Posts 53
Bronze Member
johnbrks replied on Tue, Aug 30 2016 1:11 AM

For my original issue, it seems that the Moment sort of fibbed when it said it was done and there was a check mark in the About menu.  Apparently it must continue processing (which took about 8-9 hours).  The playlists are not added immediately after rebuilding the database it seems.

I've gotten Deezer playlists to show up fairly quickly when i add them.  As one person mentioned (which i think is contained in the extremely long thread called 'one month with the moment'), you may need to particularly check your wifi settings.  if you have good reception, what i found helpful is to set static IP addresses for my Moment (both the soundHeart and the JukeBox).

Paul
Not Ranked
Westport, Ireland
Posts 28
Bronze Member
Paul replied on Sat, Sep 3 2016 12:48 AM

Quick update here - Deezer are looking into the problem of custom playlists not showing up on the moment when their own curated playlists and those from other sources (e.g. iTunes) will show. The network troubleshooting listed above isn't the root cause so it's either a change to the Deezer implementation on the moment (B&O issue) or a change in the file format of custom playlists by Deezer (Deezer issue) that's causing it. 

I see a later post which looks to be related but if there are any moment users out there who create custom Deezer playlists on the browser or mobile that don't subsequently show up on your moment then I'd like to hear from you so I can keep the presssure on Deezer to either accept or eliminate themselves from the issue. 

kimhav
Top 500 Contributor
Malmo, Sweden
Posts 314
Bronze Member
kimhav replied on Sun, Sep 4 2016 7:07 PM

Have the same problem here on my side that personal created playlists doesn't show up but that other existing Deezer playlists works out fine.

Beeing on the topic, do you guys also have issue when playing your own personal playlists from BeoMusic (I'm on Android) that the app only queue up 20 tracks and once it through that it stops playing? Kind of annoying with this kind of limitation...

Chris
Top 75 Contributor
Ostend-BE
Posts 1,170
Bronze Member
Chris replied on Sun, Sep 4 2016 7:43 PM

kimhav:
Beeing on the topic, do you guys also have issue when playing your own personal playlists from BeoMusic (I'm on Android) that the app only queue up 20 tracks and once it through that it stops playing? Kind of annoying with this kind of limitation...

Buy a IOS device and spare yourself a headache, Beomusic on Android is terrible to use.

"Believe nothing you read and only half of what you see, let your ears tell you the truth."

Norwin
Not Ranked
Frankfurt
Posts 57
Bronze Member
Norwin replied on Sat, Sep 10 2016 2:02 PM

Hi Paul, same issue here. Tried from Deezer on internet. app on Android as well as Windows Mobile 10 and Surface pro app with Windows 10. None of this enables me to add new custom playlists.

Regards,

Norwin

Regards,

Norwin

Beosound Halo, Beosound Core 2x, Beosound 1, Beosound M3 3x, Beolab 18, 19, 12-1, 4000, Beoplay H7, A1, Almando Multiplay Surround Switch

kimhav
Top 500 Contributor
Malmo, Sweden
Posts 314
Bronze Member
kimhav replied on Sun, Sep 11 2016 11:11 AM

I'm currently awaiting feedback from BeoCare on this topic where they've asked me to submit log data from both the Moment and BeoMusic and where I also submitted screen shots to clearly show what works and what doesn't work. Keep you posted here.

mbolo01
Top 50 Contributor
Louannec - France
Posts 2,035
Bronze Member
mbolo01 replied on Sun, Sep 11 2016 11:55 AM
Same here. I can see the personal playlists I created a while ago but not the one i just created, being private or public. I can see others' playlists recently added

If it behaves like the DLNA playlist only a factory reset can bring them on the Moment .... or not.

The new personal playlist appears correctly on thé BeoMusic app.

BS Moment, BS Core, BG 4002, BC 4500, BS1, BL18, BL19, BL8000 + RCV1, A6, M5, M3, A1, P6 (tks Botty), H5, TR1

Paul
Not Ranked
Westport, Ireland
Posts 28
Bronze Member
Paul replied on Sun, Sep 11 2016 12:26 PM

I've tried a factory reset and rebuild - neither works unfortunately. 

Have also submitted a ticket to Beocare support. 

koning
Top 25 Contributor
holland
Posts 4,220
Bronze Member
koning replied on Sun, Sep 11 2016 1:15 PM

I don't think the moment will have a long production life.

Problems problems problems

Paul
Not Ranked
Westport, Ireland
Posts 28
Bronze Member
Paul replied on Mon, Sep 12 2016 3:29 PM

At least they're 'looking into it'. Thanks to those who connected on the issue and those who submitted separate tickets relating to it.

Dear Mr McBride,

Thank you for contacting Bang & Olufsen Customer Service regarding Deezer playlists on your BeoSound Moment. Please allow me to apologise for the late reply.

Our technical team is currently investigating this issue. Unfortunately, we have no knowledge of an expected deadline, but we will make sure to notify you as soon as we receive an update.

We are very sorry for the inconvenience you experience in the meantime.

Kind regards,
Ina Bang Andersen (Ms) | Customer Service

kimhav
Top 500 Contributor
Malmo, Sweden
Posts 314
Bronze Member
kimhav replied on Fri, Sep 16 2016 3:35 PM

No response yet from BeoCare but this recent thread indicates that something is cocking in Struer and that a major update is on it's way.

oluppi
Not Ranked
Posts 2
Bronze Member
oluppi replied on Sat, Sep 17 2016 1:58 PM

I am having the same problem.   When I create a playlist on the web it MAY not show.  Infact after creating several Playlists, eventually, two of them came up.
This doesn't seem to be a problem when I make an existing Dezer Playlist "favourite" but only with Playlists created from scrtatch.

I will be very interested in understanding if I have to hassle Deezer or B&O.

It is too bad to have problems with such a nice product.  (and it is not the only one...)

mbolo01
Top 50 Contributor
Louannec - France
Posts 2,035
Bronze Member
mbolo01 replied on Sun, Sep 18 2016 5:58 PM
Tip for QNAP/Twonky users who don't want to wait for the Moment to discover the album you just added to your NAS and that you absolutely want to listen to!

1 - Empty your Moment playing queue leveraging thé BeoMusic app

2- Open your Twonky Server web page

3- Select your Moment in the DEVICES list (many entry for the same may appear, you'll figure which one is not live when you try streaming to it and that no sound comes out

4 - locate the album trough the Artist/Album for example

5 - Click on the small icon on the right of the album title (down right corner of the cover)

This will beam the tracks to your device.

DON'T PLAY WITH THE VOLUME ON THE TWONKY SERVER WEB INTERFACE

Some screenshots:

BS Moment, BS Core, BG 4002, BC 4500, BS1, BL18, BL19, BL8000 + RCV1, A6, M5, M3, A1, P6 (tks Botty), H5, TR1

kimhav
Top 500 Contributor
Malmo, Sweden
Posts 314
Bronze Member
kimhav replied on Wed, Oct 19 2016 10:04 AM

This morning I received an email update from BeoCare regarding my Deezer Playlist issues and where it said the following "pleased to inform you that the latest software release for BeoSound Moment (version 1.8) has resolved the issue concerning Deezer playlists not appearing on Jukebox among other bug fixes.".

After the update all of my Deezer created playlists shows up so it clearly looks promissing. No it's just a matter of testing the new software update - v1.8.4.1171-1.8.433.39426321.

Edit: It also seems now that BeoMusic is showing the entire playlist now in the playing queue which previsoly was cut after 20 tracks. Looking at my longest lists I get the impression now when scrolling that the all of the tracks (247) are there.

Paul
Not Ranked
Westport, Ireland
Posts 28
Bronze Member
Paul replied on Wed, Oct 19 2016 10:49 AM

I received the same message. Looks like problem solved.

There are also fixes for moodhweel related issues.

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
Posts 14,680
Gold Member

mbolo01:
Tip for QNAP/Twonky users who don't want to wait for the Moment to discover the album you just added to your NAS and that you absolutely want to listen to!

Wouldn't it be easier to find that album in the user interface of the Beomusic app

MM

There is a tv - and there is a BV

mbolo01
Top 50 Contributor
Louannec - France
Posts 2,035
Bronze Member
mbolo01 replied on Wed, Oct 19 2016 12:53 PM
Millemissen:

Wouldn't it be easier to find that album in the user interface of the Beomusic app

MM

There is a tv - and there is a BV.

If you are patient enough yes, could take several hours in my case to be available to the BeoMusic app, thus this tip Big Smile

mbolo01
Top 50 Contributor
Louannec - France
Posts 2,035
Bronze Member
mbolo01 replied on Wed, Oct 26 2016 1:51 PM
Have you seen the "timers" option in BeoApp when browsing the Moment option ? I don't recall seeing it before the latest update. That said it does not bring anything Unsure

Page 1 of 1 (24 items) | RSS