Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

Beolab 5 - resetted to default - still no calibration ending

rated by 0 users
This post has 11 Replies | 1 Follower

BO_Wim
Not Ranked
Posts 4
Bronze Member
BO_Wim Posted: Tue, Aug 30 2016 4:20 PM

Hi all

I could use some help as on one of my second hand Beolab 5 speakers does not calibrate.
It ended the process wit a blinking red led which could be aborted by pressing the area on top.

As these speakers are placed in corners the bass will be out of balance so i did a reset the speaker to factory defaults by pressing some 30 seconds.

Even after this reset it won't calibrate and when the speakers are turned now we are visited with a green blinking led all the time. (Means it's in factory settings and needs calibrating)
All tones from low to high are heard during the process twice. It looks as if it does not save the data it has collected... 

Any help or a useful 'golden' tip would very much be appreciated.

Kind regards

Wim

9 LEE
Top 10 Contributor
Eastbourne, UK
Posts 7,218
Founder
9 LEE replied on Tue, Aug 30 2016 4:35 PM

Hi,

I had the exact same issue with a BeoLab 5 a few weeks ago.  A re-install of the software did the trick.

The BeoLab 5 is 'software heavy' so I assume it can get bugged up occasionally!

Lee

CB
Top 75 Contributor
> You are Here <
Posts 1,762
Bronze Member
CB replied on Tue, Aug 30 2016 4:39 PM

Usefull experience!

Is this a "do it yourself" operation?

jvdl
Top 500 Contributor
Netherlands
Posts 129
Bronze Member
jvdl replied on Tue, Aug 30 2016 7:02 PM

I also had the same problems with the BL 5, I contact my dealer and he say to me take the power of for a few hours and then connect it again.

Problem solved!

Mr 10Percent
Top 150 Contributor
So West, Its Now East
Posts 591
Bronze Member
I also think that the calibration log can only hold X amount or calibration runs. X I think being something like 50 runs per speaker. Even though it does not recall any previous runs. Only current and factory. This can be quickly done when showing your mates the moving mic and the warbles. As suggested, power down. If not, maybe service engineer time.
vikinger
Top 25 Contributor
Vestri Kirkjubyr, UK
Posts 5,422
Gold Member
vikinger replied on Tue, Aug 30 2016 8:12 PM

Mr 10Percent:
I also think that the calibration log can only hold X amount or calibration runs. X I think being something like 50 runs per speaker. Even though it does not recall any previous runs. Only current and factory. This can be quickly done when showing your mates the moving mic and the warbles. As suggested, power down. If not, maybe service engineer time.

I mentioned this in an old thread (archive?) when I quoted from a publication that the speaker could only be calibrated (max 200?) times because B&O had only taken account of likely room/house moves in the life of a speaker. They had not accounted for owners wanting to do calibrations to show off to friends what clever speakers they had.

Graham

BO_Wim
Not Ranked
Posts 4
Bronze Member
BO_Wim replied on Wed, Aug 31 2016 10:15 AM

Hi

Thanks for the suggestions...I tried the least effort /expensive option I saw and pulled the power cord plug of the Beolab 5 late yesterday evening.

This morning I connected it again to the power grid and after setting the pincode I did 2 renewed calibration attempts to resolve the issue.

As on the first attempt there was some resonance within the room I moved the speaker and retried again.

So far however there's no success yet...in completing the calibration process. 

Would there be any further options possible in a "do it yourself" operation?

Kind regards,

Wim

Duels
Top 50 Contributor
England
Posts 2,553
Bronze Member
Duels replied on Wed, Aug 31 2016 10:19 AM
vikinger:

I mentioned this in an old thread (archive?) when I quoted from a publication that the speaker could only be calibrated (max 200?) times because B&O had only taken account of likely room/house moves in the life of a speaker. They had not accounted for owners wanting to do calibrations to show off to friends what clever speakers they had.

Graham

I Wonder why there needs to be any limit on the number of calibrations if the BL5 doesn't actually store them?
BO_Wim
Not Ranked
Posts 4
Bronze Member
BO_Wim replied on Wed, Aug 31 2016 10:27 AM

Hi 9 Lee,

Your answer looks promising. Could you give some reveal of what it would take to do such a software re-install action?

I'm not quit unfamiliar with updates, upgrades in software or firmware within the computer world that is but how would I proceed on this with a Beolab 5.

Regards,

Wim

jvdl
Top 500 Contributor
Netherlands
Posts 129
Bronze Member
jvdl replied on Wed, Aug 31 2016 10:37 AM

Hello Wim
then it wil be work for your B&O dealer!

When you live in NL then I have a phone number from one guy proberly he can help you out with much knowledge (technical) B&O.
Let me know....
John

BO_Wim
Not Ranked
Posts 4
Bronze Member
BO_Wim replied on Wed, Aug 31 2016 6:19 PM

Hi John,

Yes, I'm afraid you're right...

My stay is indeed in the Netherlands. I contacted my sales contact today who promised to give a ring back for an appointment to be made soon. However, those promises we're made before and did not delivered then.

For backup, a phone number of an expert technician who knows his way around in B&O reads like "The doctor is never far away" :and I would very much be interested for. If not now, might also be handy for a future request.

Kind regards,

Wim

jvdl
Top 500 Contributor
Netherlands
Posts 129
Bronze Member
jvdl replied on Wed, Aug 31 2016 7:19 PM

Hello Wim

I just send you a PM (e-mail within the forum) with the phone number from the guy I mentioned. Feel free to contact him.

Gr.,
John

Page 1 of 1 (12 items) | RSS