Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

Bang & Olufsen. Beolab 3500. Sound won't increase or decrease. Clock is not displayed.

rated by 0 users
This post has 2 Replies | 1 Follower

max65special
Not Ranked
Posts 17
Bronze Member
max65special Posted: Tue, Aug 30 2016 7:41 PM

I have a B&O Beosound Ouverture & a pair of Beolab 6000 speakers. I recently bought a Beolab 3500. 
I have connected the Ouverture & Beosound 3500 with a Masterlink cable, the cable is short so both units are in the same room.

If I increase or decrease the sound via my Beo4 remote the sound from the Beolab 6000 speakers increases / decreases, but the sound from the Beolab 3500 speakers stays the same. I have programmed the Beo4 remote as instructed in the Beolab 3500 manual. Whatever option I choose the volume on the Beolab 3500 stays the same. Also when the Beolab 3500 is powered up timer on / off is displayed but not the clock.

I don't know if it's relevant but the Beolab 3500 has a powerlink socket.

Does anybody have any ideas?

leosgonewild
Top 50 Contributor
Helsinki, Finland
Posts 2,373
Bronze Member
What option did you put the 3500 to?

"You think we can slap some oak on this thing?"

Opman
Top 200 Contributor
Wilmslow, Cheshire
Posts 443
Bronze Member
Opman replied on Tue, Aug 30 2016 9:41 PM

Hi Max

Welcome to BeoWorld.

Your set up is not really as originally intended. The BeoLab3500 is designed to be used in a "link room" and ideally in a location that the ir commands from your Beo4 remote cannot reach both the BeoLab3500 and the BeoSound Ouverture at the same time. Thereby providing independent control. If you turn the volume up in the main room the Link room is unaffected. Also a change of volume in the link room will not change the volume in the main room  i.e. BeoLab6000 loudspeakers.

The option programme settings would be Option 1 for Ouverture (only responds to audio commands) and the BeoLab 3500 would be option 5 (only responds to audio commands, in the link room.)

If the BeoLab3500 is installed in a location that allows the ir signals from Beo4 to see both products at the same time you leave the Ouverture in option 1 and put the BeoLab3500 into option 4. This requires you to add the command "LINK" to the list function of the Beo4. Then any command directed to the BeoLab3500 would have to be pre-fixed with the Link function on the list button. i.e CD operates the Ouverture and LINK CD operates the BeoLab3500.

This workaround allows you to retain independent operation of both products. Hence the volume is controlled through one or the other but never both at the same time. The products were not designed for this simultaneous operation.

Hope that helps.

Opman 

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS