Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

Deezer Playlist issues on the Moment / BeoMusic

rated by 0 users
This post has 4 Replies | 0 Followers

kimhav
Top 500 Contributor
Malmo, Sweden
Posts 314
Bronze Member
kimhav Angry [:@] Posted: Tue, Aug 30 2016 9:27 PM | Locked

I currently have two issues when it comes to playlists which I've created using the Deezer web interface and which are;

1) that they're not proper synced to the Moment, but they're synced and available from the BeoMusic (using Android) so I can always init the playing of the missing playlists from a tab or phone. I would assume that this kind of data would be synced directly, right?

2) One of the missing playlists which I have have around 250 tunes and when playing it it goes on for an 45-60 minutes where after the Moment stops playing any music. If I from the remote press to continue playing music from the Moment (in my particular case I've set it to be triggered using N.MUSIC from my Beo4. So once it starts to play again, it jumps back, to what it seems to a specific track in the beginning of the playlist and it's not the first track; maybe track 35. If I then skips to the track I remember was lastly played same procedure repeats itself after the same period time again.

Issue #1 I can live with but issue #2 is highly annoying; so open for suggestion to what to be checked and how it might be solved.

elephant
Top 10 Contributor
AU
Posts 8,219
Founder
I seem to recall there is a sleep parameter in the Essence's config - maybe 60 mins is the default ? Here's my setting ...

BeoNut since '75

kimhav
Top 500 Contributor
Malmo, Sweden
Posts 314
Bronze Member
kimhav replied on Fri, Sep 2 2016 1:12 PM

The Moment has settings for whether it should play for a max period of 24h or more, so this isn't the issue. This is more of Deezer implementation issue some how. Also, oddly if I pick up other playlists which plays for more than an hour there isn't any problem.

When reviewing the specific playlists I also noticed that I had tracks which was greyed out which I removed as I'm not 100% sure what that is an indication of when it comes to Deezer. While the tracks played as they should I know from Spotify that this is an indication that the specific track isn't available for the specific region which the users belongs to. But, for Deezer I haven't found any specific details about this, yet...

If someone would like to try out the specific playlist which I have problem with to test drive it on their own Moments, then give this Great Gatsby Party list (contains various artists of electro swing) a go and let me know if you also have a problem to get it to play for more than an hour and whether it randomly stops as I can't find any pattern where and why it stops to play.

kimhav
Top 500 Contributor
Malmo, Sweden
Posts 314
Bronze Member
kimhav replied on Fri, Sep 2 2016 7:57 PM

Well, after playing list now during the day I'm seeing the error pattern now and it seems that BeoMusic seems to only populates 20 tracks from the playlist to the Play Queue. So whether this is a odd limit or not, I'm wondering if any of you who might have own playlists with more than 20 tracks or or even more have the same behaviour when using BeoMusic for Android that it simply doesn't queue the entire playlist and only 20 tracks from the beginning or from the track that you tell it to start to play from?

Furthermore, do you have similar behaviour that the Moment won't sync playlists? I've tried to add playlist with just 6 tracks and as well another one with around 400 tracks and it just won't show up on the Moment. Prevously old playlists which I've added couple of month ago have been synced as it should. But, new ones won't.

kimhav
Top 500 Contributor
Malmo, Sweden
Posts 314
Bronze Member
kimhav replied on Sun, Sep 4 2016 7:10 PM | Locked

Closing this thread as there is another similar thread regarding the specific issues here.

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS