Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

Beovision 14 - Bitperfect ?

rated by 0 users
This post has 11 Replies | 1 Follower

Actionspeax
Not Ranked
Posts 3
Bronze Member
Actionspeax Posted: Wed, Aug 31 2016 9:32 PM

I am thinking about buying a beovision 14 and using with deezer. But i am wondering if the tv automatically will switch the sample to 16/44.1 kHz (bit perfect) from the usual 48 kHz

Thank you

Razlaw
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 4,345
Bronze Member
Razlaw replied on Wed, Aug 31 2016 10:15 PM

Welcome to Beoworld.   I wish I could answer your question but I can't.

Beolab 28s Beolab 9s Beolab 12-3s Beolab 1s Beolab 6000s 2 pairs Beolab 4000s Beovision 7-55 Beovision 10-40 Beoplay V1 32 inch Beovision Avant 32 inch Beosound 1 (CD player) Beosound 3000 Beosound 5 Core Essence MKII Beoplay M5

elephant
Top 10 Contributor
AU
Posts 8,219
Founder
My welcome too

Send your question to beocare / support on their web page and kindly copy the answer here please

BeoNut since '75

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
Posts 14,680
Gold Member

Actionspeax:

I am thinking about buying a beovision 14 and using with deezer. But i am wondering if the tv automatically will switch the sample to 16/44.1 kHz (bit perfect) from the usual 48 kHz

Thank you

Not sure I understand your question?

Deezer is streaming 16/44.1/CD/RedBook standart compressed.

Where does the 'usual 48kHz' come into play?

MM

There is a tv - and there is a BV

Actionspeax
Not Ranked
Posts 3
Bronze Member

Exactly, Deezer etc is 16/44.1 but tv/dvd/Blu-ray outputs audio in 48khz, so the question is if the the tv automatically adjusts the sample rate or just upsample everything to 48kkhz 

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
Posts 14,680
Gold Member

Yes, a connection of an external device via HDMI often happens in 48kHz, but Deezer is an internal source, I don't see any reason for a convertion there.

What makes you think, that it will be upsamplet from 44.1 to 48 kHz in the BV14 before it will be decoded?

To be honest - the exact answer probably can only be given by the makers of the BV14/audio engine!

MM

Actionspeax
Not Ranked
Posts 3
Bronze Member

What makes me think it does it ? 

Well most tvs on the market and the apple tv does it - Only one sample rate out so everything gets converted to match that.

BEOVOX141
Top 150 Contributor
Denmark, West
Posts 711
Bronze Member
BEOVOX141 replied on Sat, Sep 3 2016 11:46 PM

Millemissen:
RedBook standart compressed.

Please elaborate,- which compression would that be?

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
Posts 14,680
Gold Member

BEOVOX141:

Millemissen:
RedBook standart compressed.

Please elaborate,- which compression would that be?

How hard can that be?

16/44.1 is the standart of a CD - if you take a file with 16/44.1 content and encode it with a lossy encoder (you name them), you will get a compressed file.

Apart from Tidal Hifi and Deezer Elite every streaming service is using 'lossy compression', but the origin was a 16/44.1 file.

That - however - is not the point of the op....

....he wants to know, what happens to the file in the audio engine!

MM

BEOVOX141
Top 150 Contributor
Denmark, West
Posts 711
Bronze Member

Millemissen:

How hard can that be?

16/44.1 is the standart of a CD - if you take a file with 16/44.1 content and encode it with a lossy encoder (you name them), you will get a compressed file.

It still doesn't explain what "RedBook standard compressed" is ?

The Redbook has a provision for emphasis but not for data compression, remember it was conceived more than 25 years ago! 

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
Posts 14,680
Gold Member

It was merely to state the fact that streaming services use 16/44.1 content for their services.

Don't be nitpicking - I am quite sure you know what I meant ;-)

MM

Jeff
Top 25 Contributor
USA
Posts 3,793
Silver Member
Jeff replied on Sun, Sep 4 2016 3:52 PM

BEOVOX141:

Millemissen:

How hard can that be?

It still doesn't explain what "RedBook standard compressed" is ?

The Redbook has a provision for emphasis but not for data compression, remember it was conceived more than 25 years ago! 

Ever hear a CD that was recorded with the EQ setup for emphasis but they forgot to set the bit to tell the player to take it out? Hooo boy, that was horrible. Bad enough I actually verified with my friend's digital recording setup that this is what had happened. What made it worse was it was a compilation disc designed to show off the virtues of CD! I'm betting it delayed the purchase of a CD for anyone who heard it.

Jeff

I'm afraid I'm recovering from the BeoVirus. Sad

Page 1 of 1 (12 items) | RSS