Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

Masterlink command issue with BM5/BS5, BV11 and BL3500

rated by 0 users
This post has 1 Reply | 0 Followers

Beoberg
Top 500 Contributor
Odense, Denmark
Posts 315
Bronze Member
Beoberg Posted: Thu, Sep 1 2016 7:28 AM

I have a question regarding my ML/NL set-up. I hope you guys can help. It is a little tricky to explain but here it goes:

My main set-up consists of a BM5/BS5 combo, a BV11 and a BeoLab 3500 in another part of the living room. It is connected via the ML/NL converter and the masterlink cables are connected through a ML distributor.

The set up is working okay, but something is not quite right. The main problem is the BL3500. It is working and sounds for the BS5 aswell as the BV11 come through. My biggest issue is, that the BL3500 turns both the BV11 and the BS5 on in the radio mode. The BS5 launches N.Radio and the BV11 launches analogue radio. I just want the BL3500 to turn on analogue radio from the BV11 as I mainly only use the BM5/BS5 in the weekends to avoid everyday stand by wear to the motherboard of the BM5 (it is switched off from the mains). BUT when I turn off the BM5, the BeoLab 3500 does not react to any commands making me suspecious that it has the BM5 as main connection. My option settings are as follows:

BM5 option 0 (set as audiomaster)

BV11 option 2 (set as videomaster)

BL3500 option 4

Do I need to configure the ML/NL converter or is it just not possible to turn on the radio in the BV11 without the BM5/BS5 booted?! I have also tried to fiddle with the settings on the BS5. In the radio settings I have the option to choose Radio/N.Radio and N.Radio/N.Radio. I thought it would solve the problem when I switched to N.Radio/N.Radio, but if I do that the BeoLab 3500 does not react to the radio command at all.

I hope you guys can give me some suggestions as of what to do Unsure

BeoVision Eclipse 55, BeoPlay S8 (sub+rears), BeoPlay A9 MKII (living room), BeoVision Avant 32 DVD (retro gaming, basement), BeoLab 4000 (entertainment room, basement), BeoSound 8 (workshop), 2x BeoPlay S3 (PC), BeoPlay A1, BeoPlay H2/H3 (on the go)

zerocool143
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 94
Bronze Member

Better check the configuration of the NL/ML

Page 1 of 1 (2 items) | RSS