Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

New HP with B&O logo

rated by 0 users
This post has 10 Replies | 1 Follower

Peter Pan
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,088
Bronze Member
Peter Pan Posted: Fri, Sep 2 2016 3:37 PM

It looks like a speaker, but is actually a PC wrapped in a 360-degree speaker.
The prism-shaped machine has avrundede edges, and measures 17.3 x 16.8 x 26.1 cm.
On the inside, you can choose a Core i3 or i5 prosessor, hard disk 1TB or SSD
at 128GB, 8-16 GB of RAM, integrert Intel grafikk or dedikert AMD R9 M470-grafikk.

The operating system is Windows 10 PC one is utstyrt with two microphones, so you can
givethe muntlige instructions through Cortana from sofagrupen.

HP PC one comes on the market in Norway next month, with a starting price of 6,990. N Kr.

Click her.

Chris Townsend
Top 50 Contributor
Qatar
Posts 3,531
Bronze Member
I love our MacBook and IMac, but that's genius.

Well done B&O(and Dell)

Beosound Stage, Beovision 8-40, Beolit 20, Beosound Explore.

Simonbeo
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,451
Bronze Member

Chris Townsend:
I love our MacBook and IMac, but that's genius.

Well done B&O(and Dell)

Dell? I thought it was HP.

Beo Century ,Beoplay V1, Beocenter 6, Ex-Beolit 12, Beotime , A8. Beolit 15 , Form 2i , Beolab 2000, Beoplay A3.Beosound 1

Paul W
Top 75 Contributor
London
Posts 1,810
Bronze Member
Paul W replied on Fri, Sep 2 2016 7:17 PM

A spinning hard drive with a powerful speaker next to it - that's going to end in tears!!!

Can't believe in 2016 that they are still putting unreliable spinning hard drives in cheaper end computers! Crazy!

kai
Top 200 Contributor
Posts 362
Bronze Member
kai replied on Fri, Sep 2 2016 7:33 PM
You can get it with ssd drive as well
Chris Townsend
Top 50 Contributor
Qatar
Posts 3,531
Bronze Member
Paul W:

A spinning hard drive with a powerful speaker next to it - that's going to end in tears!!!

Can't believe in 2016 that they are still putting unreliable spinning hard drives in cheaper end computers! Crazy!

CD players have managed it for 20 years, so I guess not.

Beosound Stage, Beovision 8-40, Beolit 20, Beosound Explore.

Hereford
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 87
Bronze Member

I really like what Lenovo is doing here. Especially the lack of their logo and the prominence of the B&O logo. A B&O desktop computer!

Jeff
Top 25 Contributor
USA
Posts 3,793
Silver Member
Jeff replied on Tue, Sep 6 2016 2:49 AM

Chris Townsend:
Paul W:

CD players have managed it for 20 years, so I guess not.

SSDDs have finite lifespans too, not an infinite number of read write cycles. And HDs are still significantly cheaper. 

Jeff

I'm afraid I'm recovering from the BeoVirus. Sad

Sal
Top 75 Contributor
California, USA
Posts 1,197
Bronze Member
Sal replied on Tue, Sep 6 2016 4:07 AM

Although I'd consider SSDs for any of my personal computer's internal storage for their speed, I wouldn't say spinning HDD's are crap. They're cheap, yes, their price per GB storage provides value, and if you pick the right ones, you're going to get a lot of use. Here's BackBlaze's 2016 HDD report.

None of us are going to use spinning disks like BackBlaze does, but I would be hard pressed to say I don't trust spinning drives. I have SSDs as my startup drives for my wife's and my main computer -- for the sheer speed alone. But I have spinning disks for my server, and all my backups. I guess that's the lesson: have a backup, and if you can, have a redundant backup(s).

Jeff
Top 25 Contributor
USA
Posts 3,793
Silver Member
Jeff replied on Tue, Sep 6 2016 5:30 AM

My laptop uses a SSDD, and you're right, the speed rocks, but for sheer storage volume I have a NAS with large HDDs setup as RAID 1 for redundancy.  The NAS is on my network and easy to get too, best of both worlds, as you have too Sal, each technology where it's most appropriate.

Jeff

I'm afraid I'm recovering from the BeoVirus. Sad

Chris
Top 75 Contributor
Ostend-BE
Posts 1,170
Bronze Member
Chris replied on Tue, Sep 6 2016 7:53 AM

If you aspire storage performance, SSDs are always the fastest solution. But it remains eye wateringly expensive (especially for 'enterprise grade') creating a big storage in SSDs.

I had a good deal some time ago to put enterprise-class HDDs in my server, so I must be crazy to swap them for consumer-class SDDs.

For my purpose and it all depends on what your goal is: are you really trying to store something, use common 7200RPM HDDs. If you want to serve data (stored elsewhere) or accept data or interact with large data (like DB), then using SSDs is a good option.

"Believe nothing you read and only half of what you see, let your ears tell you the truth."

Page 1 of 1 (11 items) | RSS