Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

Sound setup Beovision 11

rated by 0 users
This post has 10 Replies | 0 Followers

marcengels
Not Ranked
Posts 44
Bronze Member
marcengels Posted: Fri, Sep 2 2016 5:46 PM

Setup is Beovision 11­ and 2x Beolab 9.
When I watch a movie­ I use film/moviemode­ and soundmode is als­o film/movie. 
Speaker role BV11 is­ centre front 2x.
Beolab 9 is front le­ft and front right.

Is it normal in this ­setup that I can hear­ speech/voices loud a­nd clear through the ­Beolabs 9?
Even when a person i­s in the middle of th­e screen?

For my liking I can h­ear them too loud ove­r the Beolabs! !
Is there a setup to ­get this fixed or not­? I thought the BV11 ­would concentrate mor­e on speech and the B­eolabs 9 the bass and­ other sound. 
I hope there is a se­tup for this but ther­e are so much setting­s that I do not know ­what to do now.

Thanks for any reply. 

Michael
Top 50 Contributor
Sweden
Posts 2,578
Bronze Member
Michael replied on Fri, Sep 2 2016 5:58 PM
marcengels:

Setup is Beovision 11 and 2x Beolab 9. When I watch a movie I use film/moviemode and soundmode is also film/movie. Speaker role BV11 is centre front 2x. Beolab 9 is front left and front right.

Is it normal in this setup that I can hear speech/voices loud and clear through the Beolabs 9? Even when a person is in the middle of the screen?

For my liking I can hear them too loud over the Beolabs! ! Is there a setup to get this fixed or not? I thought the BV11 would concentrate more on speech and the Beolabs 9 the bass and other sound. I hope there is a setup for this but there are so much settings that I do not know what to do now.

Thanks for any reply.

Depends on if your material is surround or not. If it has surround then the sounds should be out correctly. If stereo the system has to figure out what sounds is going where. It's not able to understand what is voice and sharp noises could just as well be other noises meant for the right or left channel. The system just tries to adjust it a bit.

You can lower the volume of the beolabs in the setup. You can also chose another way to convert the sound.

Beolab 50, Beolab 8000 x 2, Beolab 4000 x 2, 
BeoSound Core, BeoSound 9000, BeoSound Century, 
BeoLit 15, BeoPlay A1, BeoPlay P2, BeoPlay H9 3rd Gen, BeoPlay H6, EarSet 3i, 
BeoVision Eclipse Gen 2 55", BeoPlay V1-40, 
BeoCom 6000 and so much else :)  

Sal
Top 75 Contributor
California, USA
Posts 1,197
Bronze Member
Sal replied on Fri, Sep 2 2016 7:53 PM

marcengels:

Setup is Beovision 11­ and 2x Beolab 9.
When I watch a movie­ I use film/moviemode­ and soundmode is als­o film/movie. 
Speaker role BV11 is­ centre front 2x.
Beolab 9 is front le­ft and front right.

Is it normal in this ­setup that I can hear­ speech/voices loud a­nd clear through the ­Beolabs 9?
Even when a person i­s in the middle of th­e screen?

For my liking I can h­ear them too loud ove­r the Beolabs! !
Is there a setup to ­get this fixed or not­? I thought the BV11 ­would concentrate mor­e on speech and the B­eolabs 9 the bass and­ other sound. 
I hope there is a se­tup for this but ther­e are so much setting­s that I do not know ­what to do now.

There's also the SOUND MODE... Adaptive, Drama , Speech... etc... try different ones to see which suit your listening preferences.

Thanks for any reply. 

I have the same setup as you. I've got a BV11-55 and 2 BL9's I was having the issue of the center channel (voices mostly) being too soft compared to the BL9s L and R channel. There are many ways to adjust these settings but the route I chose was to adjust the sound settings for each channel by tweaking the dB in the menu options under, sound > adjustment. I made the center channel slightly louder than default. 

I have to say though, that the sound mix for television and movies varies from channel to channel and from movie to movie, so there's no perfect setup.

marcengels
Not Ranked
Posts 44
Bronze Member

Thank you guys for the info. All makes sense to me and after my 9 days holiday in Portugal I will try the suggestions you made. I will be back. Cheers. Smile

marcengels
Not Ranked
Posts 44
Bronze Member

Thank you guys for the info. All makes sense to me and after my 9 days holiday in Portugal I will try the suggestions you made. I will be back. Cheers. Smile

marcengels
Not Ranked
Posts 44
Bronze Member

Sorry, double. 

Michael
Top 50 Contributor
Sweden
Posts 2,578
Bronze Member
Michael replied on Fri, Sep 2 2016 10:20 PM
marcengels:

Sorry, double.

Im Sure you Will find a good solution. I too have bl9 (and avant 55). So almost the same setup. But the avant has a microphone that can measure the volume.

I currently have my BL9s at -3,5dB and my tv at -5,5dB.

Aussie Michael
Top 25 Contributor
Melbourne, AU
Posts 3,730
Bronze Member
Michael:

Im Sure you Will find a good solution. I too have bl9 (and avant 55). So almost the same setup. But the avant has a microphone that can measure the volume.

I currently have my BL9s at -3,5dB and my tv at -5,5dB.

Hi Michael

Why do you have them set as minus? I have mine set as positive.
Sal
Top 75 Contributor
California, USA
Posts 1,197
Bronze Member
Sal replied on Sat, Sep 3 2016 5:43 AM

Aussie Michael:
Hi Michael

I'm curious as well, I have mine set slightly positive as well.

Michael
Top 50 Contributor
Sweden
Posts 2,578
Bronze Member
Michael replied on Sat, Sep 3 2016 8:58 AM
Aussie Michael:

Hi Michael

I was curious about that too. I believe my microphone did that. I'm not sure. Maybe Geoff could help us out. :)

Aussie Michael
Top 25 Contributor
Melbourne, AU
Posts 3,730
Bronze Member
Michael:

I was curious about that too. I believe my microphone did that. I'm not sure. Maybe Geoff could help us out. :)

👍🏼
Page 1 of 1 (11 items) | RSS