Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

Is it possible? Beolit 15 better for music than BeoLab 6000?

rated by 0 users
This post has 14 Replies | 3 Followers

didole
Not Ranked
Posts 45
Bronze Member
didole Posted: Sun, Sep 4 2016 6:16 PM

Hi all,

I find myself more and more listening to music on my BeoLit 15, streaming from my iPhone - even though I have a Beovision V1 with two Beolab 6000 connected to it, with an AppleTV that happily receives music streamed from my iPhone also!

What is going on here? Is this possible? Is it just me getting old? Help!

Thanks,

Christof 

Michael
Top 50 Contributor
Sweden
Posts 2,578
Bronze Member
Michael replied on Sun, Sep 4 2016 6:24 PM
didole:

Hi all,

I find myself more and more listening to music on my BeoLit 15, streaming from my iPhone - even though I have a Beovision V1 with two Beolab 6000 connected to it, with an AppleTV that happily receives music streamed from my iPhone also!

What is going on here? Is this possible? Is it just me getting old? Help!

Thanks,

Christof

Same here. And I have Beolab 9s, 8000s and 4000s. Beolit 15 is a lot of sound in a small package. Easy to carry around the apartment and punchy sound. It connects quickly and is easy to use. That's why I use it mostly. The other speakers are great but not portable. It's funny really Smile

Beolab 50, Beolab 8000 x 2, Beolab 4000 x 2, 
BeoSound Core, BeoSound 9000, BeoSound Century, 
BeoLit 15, BeoPlay A1, BeoPlay P2, BeoPlay H9 3rd Gen, BeoPlay H6, EarSet 3i, 
BeoVision Eclipse Gen 2 55", BeoPlay V1-40, 
BeoCom 6000 and so much else :)  

tournedos
Top 10 Contributor
Finland
Posts 7,357
Bronze Member

One of these days they'll build a mobile phone into your speaker, so you don't need to carry a separate phone around Big Smile

--mika

Michael
Top 50 Contributor
Sweden
Posts 2,578
Bronze Member
Michael replied on Mon, Sep 5 2016 3:13 PM
tournedos:

One of these days they'll build a mobile phone into your speaker, so you don't need to carry a separate phone around

--mika

B&O did that with the serenata :)

Paul W
Top 75 Contributor
London
Posts 1,810
Bronze Member
Paul W replied on Mon, Sep 5 2016 6:46 PM

Hi Didole,

I truly do the same! I think it's because we've become so used to music citing into our lifestyle and travelling with us. I've lovely B&W CM1 in my lounge but for the last few years, I take my iPhone around the house and... use its little built in speaker - it's just so convenient and instant. I use it in the kitchen even music on the toilet :) 

Duels
Top 50 Contributor
England
Posts 2,553
Bronze Member
Duels replied on Mon, Sep 5 2016 7:08 PM
Paul W:

Hi Didole,

I use it in the kitchen even music on the toilet :)

Buy that A1 Paul. It's splash resistant!
Jeff
Top 25 Contributor
USA
Posts 3,793
Silver Member
Jeff replied on Mon, Sep 5 2016 7:17 PM

Duels:
Paul W:

Hi Didole,

I use it in the kitchen even music on the toilet :)

Buy that A1 Paul. It's splash resistant!

Damn, man, TMI...Crying

Jeff

I'm afraid I'm recovering from the BeoVirus. Sad

didole
Not Ranked
Posts 45
Bronze Member
didole replied on Mon, Sep 5 2016 7:17 PM

Ok, so in the end you are all saying that for convenience reason, you are doing the same.

But what about the quality of the sound? Am I wrong, or does the Beloit 15 sound as good as (or better) than the Beolab 6000, at least for rock and pop music?

didole
Not Ranked
Posts 45
Bronze Member
didole replied on Mon, Sep 5 2016 7:18 PM

Ok, so in the end you are all saying that for convenience reason, you are doing the same.

But what about the quality of the sound? Am I wrong, or does the Beloit 15 sound as good as (or better) than the Beolab 6000, at least for rock and pop music?

Michael
Top 50 Contributor
Sweden
Posts 2,578
Bronze Member
Michael replied on Mon, Sep 5 2016 8:46 PM
didole:

More bass in Beolit 15 and punchy sound. Less stereo and quality maybe but I prefer Beolit 15. But it's because it's portable and for music on the go.

For a tv I prefer regular speakers (so BL6000 would be preferable there).

Music wise I think BL6000 sounds good but less party than a BL15Smile

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
Posts 14,680
Gold Member

Lucky he who has both ;-)

MM

There is a tv - and there is a BV

Irvine
Not Ranked
Posts 61
Bronze Member
Irvine replied on Tue, Sep 6 2016 5:29 AM

The truth is that everyone is now listening to music in a more personal way than they used to. People generally listened to music in the past  in the living room with a large, powerful stereo system. Now, people listen with a small, independent system while they are doing work in a smaller space. It is a function of architecture, different social living habits and the fact that the designers have finally figured out  that they need to cater to how people live. I do the same thing; the Beolit 15 is more than adequate for 90% of what I do. 

Andrew
Top 100 Contributor
Frinton, UK
Posts 917
Bronze Member
Andrew replied on Tue, Sep 6 2016 9:31 AM

I wouldn't have said this a particularly new thing since when I was growing up I had my own radio and record player in my bedroom, pre streaming people carried portable radios everywhere and listened too and enjoyed music, the walkman made music both personal and portable, streaming has given us a broader catalogue.

As I see it there are pros and cons, on the one hand people listen in isolation and tend to flick more between tracks or albums, on the other hand when you do have a party everyone gets a chance at being DJ and you open your mind up to different music. 

Michael
Top 50 Contributor
Sweden
Posts 2,578
Bronze Member
Michael replied on Tue, Sep 6 2016 10:12 AM
Andrew:

I wouldn't have said this a particularly new thing since when I was growing up I had my own radio and record player in my bedroom, pre streaming people carried portable radios everywhere and listened too and enjoyed music, the walkman made music both personal and portable, streaming has given us a broader catalogue.

As I see it there are pros and cons, on the one hand people listen in isolation and tend to flick more between tracks or albums, on the other hand when you do have a party everyone gets a chance at being DJ and you open your mind up to different music.

But the difference now is that a Beolit 15 s enough for a party. Small speakers has evolved tremendously over the years.

Andrew
Top 100 Contributor
Frinton, UK
Posts 917
Bronze Member
Andrew replied on Tue, Sep 6 2016 1:25 PM

true - I have to admit that I am tempted to move with the times - I was shocked at just how good the A1 is.

Page 1 of 1 (15 items) | RSS