Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

V1 sells pretty quickly at Lifestyle AV.

rated by 0 users
This post has 11 Replies | 2 Followers

Simonbeo
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,451
Bronze Member
Simonbeo Posted: Sun, Sep 4 2016 6:53 PM

good to see the rapid turnover of the V1 that Lee stocked on his site for a short while. 

Beo Century ,Beoplay V1, Beocenter 6, Ex-Beolit 12, Beotime , A8. Beolit 15 , Form 2i , Beolab 2000, Beoplay A3.Beosound 1

henrik
Top 200 Contributor
Sweden
Posts 458
Bronze Member
henrik replied on Sun, Sep 4 2016 7:19 PM

I'm not surprised – according to the B&O dealers I've talked to here in Sweden, the demand is surprisingly high.

I just bought one myself, it took me a year to find a white 32" (perfect for my kitchen, now I just need to find the left-hinged wall bracket...)

I really like the V1. Even though I really understand that its design is not everyones cup of tea, i think it's a brilliant design.

In some ways I actually think it's more B&O than, for example, the BV10/11/14. To me, what I really liked about the B&O design language when I got caught by the B&O virus back in the 80s was that B&O 1) didn't look like anything else, and 2) was most of all futuristic but also elegant. To me, the Beomaster 1200 or the mighty Beomaster 8000 are both elegant and futuristic, but I'd say the futuristic aspect is what dominates their design. They are not simply traditional product designs with an elegant touch, but they were truly different to other products at their time. Not exactly like adding a polished aluminium frame to a big tv screen.

IMHO, B&O somehow lost that futuristic aspect – the BV11, for example, is very elegant but not futuristic at all. The V1, on the other hand (and the Horizon too, according to the photos I've seen) is not really elegant but it definitely has that futuristic B&O quality, and if I have to choose between elegance without futurism or futurism without elegance, I will choose the latter. That's why I have a V1 in my kitchen.

oh, and if someone has a v1 32" wall bracket (left version) for sale, please let me know :)

Michael
Top 50 Contributor
Sweden
Posts 2,578
Bronze Member
Michael replied on Sun, Sep 4 2016 7:35 PM
I still have my white V1-40 and love it. Have been thinking about wether or not to replace it with an horizon but can't find a good reason to do so. But maybe if I get a good enough offer some day.

Beolab 50, Beolab 8000 x 2, Beolab 4000 x 2, 
BeoSound Core, BeoSound 9000, BeoSound Century, 
BeoLit 15, BeoPlay A1, BeoPlay P2, BeoPlay H9 3rd Gen, BeoPlay H6, EarSet 3i, 
BeoVision Eclipse Gen 2 55", BeoPlay V1-40, 
BeoCom 6000 and so much else :)  

The Beonic Man
Top 150 Contributor
Bristol
Posts 812
Gold Member

henrik:

I'm not surprised – according to the B&O dealers I've talked to here in Sweden, the demand is surprisingly high.

I just bought one myself, it took me a year to find a white 32" (perfect for my kitchen, now I just need to find the left-hinged wall bracket...)

I really like the V1. Even though I really understand that its design is not everyones cup of tea, i think it's a brilliant design.

In some ways I actually think it's more B&O than, for example, the BV10/11/14. To me, what I really liked about the B&O design language when I got caught by the B&O virus back in the 80s was that B&O 1) didn't look like anything else, and 2) was most of all futuristic but also elegant. To me, the Beomaster 1200 or the mighty Beomaster 8000 are both elegant and futuristic, but I'd say the futuristic aspect is what dominates their design. They are not simply traditional product designs with an elegant touch, but they were truly different to other products at their time. Not exactly like adding a polished aluminium frame to a big tv screen.

IMHO, B&O somehow lost that futuristic aspect – the BV11, for example, is very elegant but not futuristic at all. The V1, on the other hand (and the Horizon too, according to the photos I've seen) is not really elegant but it definitely has that futuristic B&O quality, and if I have to choose between elegance without futurism or futurism without elegance, I will choose the latter. That's why I have a V1 in my kitchen.

oh, and if someone has a v1 32" wall bracket (left version) for sale, please let me know :)

I agree with your points and these are the exact same reasons I have always liked B&O. It is a brand that has always looked futuristic somehow with products not looking like anything else out there. I hope they can continue to bring us these groundbreaking designs although I acknowledge how easy it is to suggest but how completely different and challenging it must be to keep being intuitive and creating.

B&O have had much success over the years and I am very grateful I have been able to be part of that journey and to include their products in my homes. They always bring me such great pleasure and there's no other brand I can think of that has ever given me that, not even Apple who I do admire but still don't offer the 'wow factor' that has traditionally come from B&O.

B&O products are V1-32, BS2, H95, E8 and an Essence remote.
11-46 now replaced with Sony A90J 65”, Sony HT-A9, Sony UBP-X800M2 and Sony SRS-NS7.

Aussie Michael
Top 25 Contributor
Melbourne, AU
Posts 3,730
Bronze Member
I'm sure if the V1 was still stocked by B&O it would sell.

I suppose it's the same story with cars, in tough times they go back to very vanilla designs to appeal to the masses so they can actually get cash in the bank.
John
Top 500 Contributor
Australia
Posts 321
Bronze Member
John replied on Mon, Sep 5 2016 10:10 AM

Vanilla sells pretty well amongst the conservative set too - Toyotas don't have the reputation as 'white goods on wheels' for nothing.. :-)

From an ownership POV the V1 is quite timeless in it's design - it may not be the most elegant TV in B&O's history, but it is certainly not boring either, and is always a pleasure to view in a room, whether it is on or off.

Oh, and it did win a Red Dot design award...

I will not be parting with mine... :-)

Cheers

John.. 

Aussie Michael
Top 25 Contributor
Melbourne, AU
Posts 3,730
Bronze Member
John:

Vanilla sells pretty well amongst the conservative set too - Toyotas don't have the reputation as 'white goods on wheels' for nothing.. :-)

From an ownership POV the V1 is quite timeless in it's design - it may not be the most elegant TV in B&O's history, but it is certainly not boring either, and is always a pleasure to view in a room, whether it is on or off.

Oh, and it did win a Red Dot design award...

I will not be parting with mine... :-)

Cheers

John..

Which is testament of Simonbeo's comments - glad to see they are considered good and stock moves.
vlohjr1
Top 150 Contributor
Posts 553
Bronze Member
vlohjr1 replied on Mon, Sep 5 2016 10:50 AM
Michael:

I still have my white V1-40 and love it. Have been thinking about wether or not to replace it with an horizon but can't find a good reason to do so. But maybe if I get a good enough offer some day.

Yes given the fact my v1 is a kitchen tv and sky would not allow 2 4K boxes in the house I am sticking to the v1Big Smile
didole
Not Ranked
Posts 45
Bronze Member
didole replied on Mon, Sep 5 2016 7:30 PM

Michael:

EXACTLY the same here. Ok, one reason: The Horizon has WISA support. But what else?

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
Posts 14,680
Gold Member

didole:

But what else?

Has dual tuner with easy usb recording (interesting for those who use the built in tuner).

MM

There is a tv - and there is a BV

didole
Not Ranked
Posts 45
Bronze Member
didole replied on Tue, Sep 6 2016 6:13 AM

Millemissen:

didole:

But what else?

Has dual tuner with easy usb recording (interesting for those who use the built in tuner).

MM

Ah, interesting! Anybody knows whether the built in Tuner works with unitymedia cable tv in Germany?

Chris
Top 75 Contributor
Ostend-BE
Posts 1,170
Bronze Member
Chris replied on Tue, Sep 6 2016 7:12 AM

didole:
Ah, interesting! Anybody knows whether the built in Tuner works with unitymedia cable tv in Germany?

Why not. It works with a CI-module from my cable company. Have a look here for the CI-module from Unitymedia.

"Believe nothing you read and only half of what you see, let your ears tell you the truth."

Page 1 of 1 (12 items) | RSS