Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

BeoRemote One -> BT

rated by 0 users
This post has 16 Replies | 2 Followers

KMA
Top 150 Contributor
Posts 621
Bronze Member
KMA Posted: Sun, Sep 4 2016 8:35 PM
The display/keys/electronics part of a BeoRemote One is detachable – you can remove the entire thing when changing batteries.

Does anybody know if it's possible to upgrade a BeoRemote One to BeoRemote One BT simply by replacing the display/keys/electronics component in the existing aluminium housing?

The new button layout and better tactile feel of the buttons interest me. The aluminium body of my BR1 is in immaculate condition, so I could simply switch the "electronics" part. Is this possible?

(Then again, the remote is only ~€265, if I recall the price correctly, so it's no big deal to buy a whole new remote.)

Just wondering.

PS. I'm actually kind of warming up to BV14-55... if I can justify the price of upgrading my BV11-46. Or perhaps I'll wait for the OLED next year. I don't want to end up regretting my next upgrade after just a year.

BeoSound 2 – by all indications from BS1 and what's online about BS2 – I can't wait to get one!

KMA

B&O product history since 1991: Ridiculously long to list in a signature.

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
Posts 14,680
Gold Member

Should you become 'warm enough' for a BV14, you won't have to think about replacing/switching parts of your current remote.

It comes with the BROne/BT, since it can only be controlled with this.

P.S I am also looking forward to hearing the new BS2  ;-)

MM

There is a tv - and there is a BV

elephant
Top 10 Contributor
AU
Posts 8,219
Founder
Like KMA I am interested in the question of swapping out parts / over the covers -- simply because my BR1 is an Anniversary Edition.

BeoNut since '75

Michael
Top 50 Contributor
Sweden
Posts 2,578
Bronze Member
Michael replied on Mon, Sep 5 2016 8:20 AM
elephant:

Like KMA I am interested in the question of swapping out parts / over the covers -- simply because my BR1 is an Anniversary Edition. BeoNut since '75

But it has android buttons and so forth that is not useful on earlier models.

Beolab 50, Beolab 8000 x 2, Beolab 4000 x 2, 
BeoSound Core, BeoSound 9000, BeoSound Century, 
BeoLit 15, BeoPlay A1, BeoPlay P2, BeoPlay H9 3rd Gen, BeoPlay H6, EarSet 3i, 
BeoVision Eclipse Gen 2 55", BeoPlay V1-40, 
BeoCom 6000 and so much else :)  

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
Posts 14,680
Gold Member

That should not be a problem - those are merely 'Menu' and 'Back' 'Android-styled'.

MM

Aussie Michael
Top 25 Contributor
Melbourne, AU
Posts 3,730
Bronze Member
Michael:

But it has android buttons and so forth that is not useful on earlier models.

You just have to use it in IR mode (if you have it set to BT mode) from what I understand so in that case the back and home operate like they would as per the current BR One.

They are merely interchangeable terms icon vs text as far as I can tell.

On the other hand, I don't believe they should have the icons, but that's another matter. :-)

What I noticed with the new remote is that the text is different and I prefer the new keys. I think it's a very environmental approach to be able to swap out the part you want to change instead of having an entirely new product.

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
Posts 14,680
Gold Member

Back to the question from KMA.

I would suppose so - if you could get a dealer to order that part.

With the Beo4 it was possible to get a newer board.

I had an old Beo4 made into a Beo4/Navi for about half the costs of a new one.

MM

elephant
Top 10 Contributor
AU
Posts 8,219
Founder
elephant replied on Mon, Sep 5 2016 10:49 AM
Aussie Michael:

You just have to use it in IR mode (if you have it set to BT mode) from what I understand so in that case the back and home operate like they would as per the current BR One

Are you saying that even if one places the BT electronics into the anniversary "gold body" that the BT transmitter / receivers won't work ?

BeoNut since '75

Aussie Michael
Top 25 Contributor
Melbourne, AU
Posts 3,730
Bronze Member
elephant:

Are you saying that even if one places the BT electronics into the anniversary "gold body" that the BT transmitter / receivers won't work ? BeoNut since '75

Nope

When I was in the store the other day I asked would it work with PS4 and the answer was no I don't think so

What I meant to say is that the unit itself does BT and IR but if you wanted to use the new remote in say an avant it would still work. There are 2 modes from what I understand.
Michael
Top 50 Contributor
Sweden
Posts 2,578
Bronze Member
Michael replied on Mon, Sep 5 2016 1:34 PM
When I asked if I could buy a satin finish aluminium piece and move the electronics to it I was denied that possibility (so I have two beoremote ones now).

I am curious about the new version as well. Maybe I should get it too. But I'm quite sure they won't sell it without aluminium - and hey - hard to sell just the electronic part?Big Smile

Beolab 50, Beolab 8000 x 2, Beolab 4000 x 2, 
BeoSound Core, BeoSound 9000, BeoSound Century, 
BeoLit 15, BeoPlay A1, BeoPlay P2, BeoPlay H9 3rd Gen, BeoPlay H6, EarSet 3i, 
BeoVision Eclipse Gen 2 55", BeoPlay V1-40, 
BeoCom 6000 and so much else :)  

peria
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 321
Bronze Member
peria replied on Tue, Sep 6 2016 4:43 AM
Millemissen:

Back to the question from KMA.

I would suppose so - if you could get a dealer to order that part.

With the Beo4 it was possible to get a newer board.

I had an old Beo4 made into a Beo4/Navi for about half the costs of a new one.

MM

There is a tv - and there is a BV.

What parts did you order?
Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
Posts 14,680
Gold Member

@peria

I did not - my dealer did!

Handed over the 'old one' and fetched the 'new one' a week later.

This was about 3 years ago - not sure you can do that today (with the Beo4).

Just ask your dealer!

MM

mr_anders_son
Top 75 Contributor
sweden
Posts 1,710
Founder

New Beoremote BT in Rose Gold

BeoVision Haermony 65"...BeoLab 28 Anthracite....BeoLab 17 as REAR....BV10-32....BC6-26....Beosound 9000....Beosound 1 New York edt....Beogram 4002....Beoplay Emerge....Beoplay M5....Beoplay M3....Beoremote Halo....BeoRemote One BT....Beo6....Beo4....Beo4 Cinema....BeoLink 7000....Serene....H95 Black LTD....H9i Rimowa....6 x H6....Form 1....U70...

kai
Top 200 Contributor
Posts 362
Bronze Member
kai replied on Wed, Sep 7 2016 9:56 PM
With the new remote I take it if you replace a beo 4 you can still option programme it? With it being Bluetooth how well does it work with 3rd party devices
Sal
Top 75 Contributor
California, USA
Posts 1,197
Bronze Member
Sal replied on Thu, Sep 8 2016 3:30 AM

mr_anders_son:

Did you replace the Keypad from a new BROneBT with the Special Edition case, or are they still selling the Love Affair collection?

mr_anders_son
Top 75 Contributor
sweden
Posts 1,710
Founder

Sal:

mr_anders_son:

Did you replace the Keypad from a new BROneBT with the Special Edition case, or are they still selling the Love Affair collection?

I just change it!

BeoVision Haermony 65"...BeoLab 28 Anthracite....BeoLab 17 as REAR....BV10-32....BC6-26....Beosound 9000....Beosound 1 New York edt....Beogram 4002....Beoplay Emerge....Beoplay M5....Beoplay M3....Beoremote Halo....BeoRemote One BT....Beo6....Beo4....Beo4 Cinema....BeoLink 7000....Serene....H95 Black LTD....H9i Rimowa....6 x H6....Form 1....U70...

Sal
Top 75 Contributor
California, USA
Posts 1,197
Bronze Member
Sal replied on Thu, Sep 8 2016 3:57 PM

mr_anders_son:

Sal:

mr_anders_son:

I just change it!

That's great! I love how easy it is to do so with the BeoRemote One. I have a Silk and Love Affair Collection version. Perhaps B&O will release other finishes to their casings and sell the casings alone.

Page 1 of 1 (17 items) | RSS