Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

Avant 55 - 18 -19 speaker configuration

rated by 0 users
This post has 8 Replies | 1 Follower

Boodaboy
Not Ranked
Posts 5
Gold Member
Boodaboy Posted: Mon, Sep 5 2016 9:16 AM

Any advice on the best configuration (speaker roles) for a speaker grouping involving an Avant 55, two Beolab 18s and a Boelab 19? The 18s are positioned to either side of the TV, with the sub opposite and to the right, adjacent to a sofa and in a corner position. And any advice on how the speaker roles might vary between a general TV role and listening to music (using an Apple streaming service via the TV).

Thanks,

Andrew 

Aussie Michael
Top 25 Contributor
Melbourne, AU
Posts 3,730
Bronze Member
Boodaboy:

Any advice on the best configuration (speaker roles) for a speaker grouping involving an Avant 55, two Beolab 18s and a Boelab 19? The 18s are positioned to either side of the TV, with the sub opposite and to the right, adjacent to a sofa and in a corner position. And any advice on how the speaker roles might vary between a general TV role and listening to music (using an Apple streaming service via the TV).

Thanks,

Andrew

This is the exact combination that I have.

Because of the shape of my room I have:

> The avant at the front

> The 19 at the base of the avant

> The 18s as rears

I have a few speaker groups

TV > All avant speakers set to Centre

TV > Avant Left and Right (front) and Centre, 19 Sub

Movie > Avant Left and Right (front) and Centre, and the 18s as Left and Right rear and 19 Sub, I have put the DB up 2 on all

If you set the speaker distances remember it's the distance from where you sit.

Good luck with the setup
Boodaboy
Not Ranked
Posts 5
Gold Member

Great - thanks very much. Works well! 

Any thoughts on how to hook up a turntable to the 18s and the 19, either via the TV or independently?

Cheers,

Andrew

Boodaboy
Not Ranked
Posts 5
Gold Member

Great - thanks very much. Works well! 

Any thoughts on how to hook up a turntable to the 18s and the 19, either via the TV or independently?

Cheers,

Andrew

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
Posts 14,680
Gold Member

'Hook up a turntable':

You can use the multi-AV input onnection of the Avant.

Have a look at the Steve at Sounds Heavenly webpage - I am sure you will find the right adapter cable there.

MM

There is a tv - and there is a BV

Aussie Michael
Top 25 Contributor
Melbourne, AU
Posts 3,730
Bronze Member

the 18s have an input, so i think you can try to hook it up directly

Or if you had an essence you could use that and Wisa to the speakers - if you dont have the essence, well try the Avant

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
Posts 14,680
Gold Member

I would prefer using the tv, since you can 'tweek' the sound to your likings, make Speaker Groups etc for the turntable exclusively that way.

MM

There is a tv - and there is a BV

Aussie Michael
Top 25 Contributor
Melbourne, AU
Posts 3,730
Bronze Member
Millemissen:

I would prefer using the tv, since you can 'tweek' the sound to your likings, make Speaker Groups etc for the turntable exclusively that way.

MM

There is a tv - and there is a BV.

Ah yes I forgot about that
Boodaboy
Not Ranked
Posts 5
Gold Member

Thanks, both - I'll try to hook up the turntable to the Avant in the first instance.

Andrew 

Page 1 of 1 (9 items) | RSS