Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

Beolink Multiroom Scenario 7 including Essence mk2 and Beovision 10

rated by 0 users
This post has 9 Replies | 1 Follower

Reto
Not Ranked
Zurich
Posts 43
Bronze Member
Reto Posted: Tue, Sep 6 2016 7:41 AM

Dear forum members

In a setup like shown in the picture (source: Beolink Handbook V1.7, scenario 7), just replacing the Moment with an Essence MK2, do I have to check the "Integrated setup" flag in the Beomusic App for the Essence? The reason why I'm asking are some strange behaviours joining the Beovision and the Essence in a Multiroom scenario.

Many thanks for any help

Reto
Not Ranked
Zurich
Posts 43
Bronze Member

settings for the Essence MK2 in the Beomusic App

Aussie Michael
Top 25 Contributor
Melbourne, AU
Posts 3,730
Bronze Member

Hello Reto :-)

I think the issue is created from 2 different technologies.

The BeoVision 10 is a Master Link (analogue) product and the Essence Mk 2 is a Network Link (digital) product. 

You could give a dealer a call as I'm guessing here that you would need a BEOLINK NL/ML CONVERTER

This versatile product can serve multi- ple functions simultaneously, including bridging sound and control between the new digital Network Link and the analog Master Link system. Furthermore, the BeoLink NL/ML Converter adds an ex- tra speaker zone to any Master Link or Network Link system, including individu- al source select and control, to perfectly synchronise sound throughout a home.

Reto
Not Ranked
Zurich
Posts 43
Bronze Member
Reto replied on Tue, Sep 6 2016 10:47 AM

Hello Michael

I didn't mention it explicitly, but there is a NL/ML converter setup as described in the Beolink bible. Sorry, my fault. 

Aussie Michael
Top 25 Contributor
Melbourne, AU
Posts 3,730
Bronze Member

Hi,

Oh, ok :-) What is your issue ?  is there a time lapse?  

I would check integrated set up flag 

Aussie Michael
Top 25 Contributor
Melbourne, AU
Posts 3,730
Bronze Member

did you also check "Join Setup" Allows you to join a multi room experience?

> Settings > Beolink > Join Setup 

Reto
Not Ranked
Zurich
Posts 43
Bronze Member
Reto replied on Tue, Sep 6 2016 11:34 AM

Join setup disappears once you check the "integration setup" flag

Reto
Not Ranked
Zurich
Posts 43
Bronze Member
Reto replied on Tue, Sep 6 2016 11:34 AM

Join setup disappears once you check the "integration setup" flag

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
Posts 14,680
Gold Member

If I did understand that correctly --- when you integrate the device with the BV, it becomes part of that.

You would have to 'join' these sources from there, I guess.

But do remember, that if you 'integrate' the Essence, you won't be able to use Spotify Connect and AirPlay. As a workaround you could connect a Chromecast Audio/a Playmaker to the Line-in of the Essence.

MM

There is a tv - and there is a BV

Reto
Not Ranked
Zurich
Posts 43
Bronze Member

One of the problems I encountered is that I can't pause or resume playing while selecting Beovision 10 in the list. If ones the music is started I'm able to switch the channel (tunein), jump to the next song (deezer) or change the volume. But I’m not capable of pause or resume playing. This all works fine with the Beoremote one. 

I would expect selecting Beovision 10 (from the list) followed by pressing the pause button would stop playing. Hence pushing the play button would resume the music. But this does not work. I have to select the BeoSound Essence from list, and then pause and resume works.

Page 1 of 1 (10 items) | RSS