Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

Beovision 8 & Freeview Play

rated by 0 users
This post has 6 Replies | 1 Follower

mart808
Not Ranked
Posts 4
Bronze Member
mart808 Posted: Tue, Sep 6 2016 1:51 PM

Could somebody assist me please...?

I have a beovision 8 32 and have connected a Humax Freeview Play box via HDMI.

For some reason it will only pick up a few channels! I have had a new Ariel that is more than powerful enough and has been tested. It receives all channels. Likewise my old freeview box works perfectly via start.

Is this an issue between freeview play and beovision 8 (Via HDMI) ?? I thought it was a faulty box so swapped it but I still have the same issue.....

Suggestions appreciated !

Guy
Top 50 Contributor
Warwickshire
Posts 2,590
Gold Member
Guy replied on Tue, Sep 6 2016 2:59 PM

Hi and welcome to Beoworld!

The problem is highly unlikely to be related to the hdmi connection.  If the aerial has been tested with another Freeview box, then the problem is likely to be with the way the channels are being tuned in the new Freeview box.  Perhaps the new box is only set to look for HD channels (which are limited in number).  Perhaps do a 'factory reset' (in the menu) of the new box a start from scratch.

mart808
Not Ranked
Posts 4
Bronze Member
mart808 replied on Tue, Sep 6 2016 3:07 PM

Hi Guy, Thanks for your fast response.

The Humax box was brand new out of the box. I have used 2 new boxes now as I swapped the first thinking it was faulty. Could it just be the freeview play element thats an issue ? Perhaps just a freeview HD box without play may work

?

Guy
Top 50 Contributor
Warwickshire
Posts 2,590
Gold Member
Guy replied on Tue, Sep 6 2016 3:14 PM

The 'Play' bit just refers to the interactive and web-based services - this should not effect what you are able to receive off-air (through the aerial).

Are you sure that it is connected properly? - maybe a stupid question but worth checking that the aerial connection is going to 'rf in' rather than 'rf out'.

vikinger
Top 25 Contributor
Vestri Kirkjubyr, UK
Posts 5,422
Gold Member

Is your new box locking onto the wrong transmitter? This happened to me....there is a powerful transmitter at the rear end direction of my aerial and these channels were being picked in preference to the transmitter that the aerial was pointing to.

In my case the solution was to note the programme positions on the tuning progress line as they loaded and then unplug the aerial for the first 50% of tuning progress on a fresh re-tune so that the wrong transmitter was ignored.

Graham

mart808
Not Ranked
Posts 4
Bronze Member
mart808 replied on Tue, Sep 6 2016 3:48 PM

Thanks Guy,

Not a stupid question. I have however checked this just to be sure.....

mart808
Not Ranked
Posts 4
Bronze Member
mart808 replied on Tue, Sep 6 2016 3:51 PM

Hi Graham,

There is only 1 transmitter in the area. The TV seems to have 4 transmitters built in but only the top 1 checks the signal. I think I may get a blu ray player with freeview built in and see if that works...Thanks for the advice

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS