Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

Essence refuses to play ONE Tune In Station - works in Tune in App...

rated by 0 users
This post has 18 Replies | 3 Followers

Heribert
Top 150 Contributor
Vorarlberg / Austria
Posts 804
Bronze Member
Heribert Posted: Thu, Sep 15 2016 11:12 AM

Hello,

I have a new Essence MK2 with latest firmware. Everything works well. I control it with beomusic app. With the source TuneIn Radio I face a problem with one specific radio station "Superfly FM". 

The essence tries to find or play the station for about 5 seconds and then shifts to the next station in my favourite list. I also tried to start the station from the sender list (not the favourite) - no succeess.

When I open the tuneIn App on the iphone or iPad the station plays without a problem and I can stream it to the essence. So it is not a network issue. 

I tried to change the buffer from 5 to 10 and back to 3 seconds. No change in behaviour. 

Any idea? The stupid thing is, that this is the favourite station of my wife and one of the reasons to buy the essence...

Thanks,

Heribert

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BV 11-46  / Beoplay V1 -40 / Apple TV 1+3 / Beosound Essence MK2 / BL3 / 2* BL11 / BL 6000 / BL 12-1 / BL 2000 / 3 * Beo4 /BL Converter 1611

Aussie Michael
Top 25 Contributor
Melbourne, AU
Posts 3,730
Bronze Member
Heribert:

Hello,

I have a new Essence MK2 with latest firmware. Everything works well. I control it with beomusic app. With the source TuneIn Radio I face a problem with one specific radio station "Superfly FM".

The essence tries to find or play the station for about 5 seconds and then shifts to the next station in my favourite list. I also tried to start the station from the sender list (not the favourite) - no succeess.

When I open the tuneIn App on the iphone or iPad the station plays without a problem and I can stream it to the essence. So it is not a network issue.

I tried to change the buffer from 5 to 10 and back to 3 seconds. No change in behaviour.

Any idea? The stupid thing is, that this is the favourite station of my wife and one of the reasons to buy the essence...

Thanks,

Heribert

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BV 11-46 / Apple TV 1+3 / Beomedia 1 / BL3 / 2* BL11 / BL 6000 / BL 2000 / 3 * Beo4 / Masterlink over Ethernet

So you want me to try it on one of my devices ?
Aussie Michael
Top 25 Contributor
Melbourne, AU
Posts 3,730
Bronze Member
Have you gone on the beomusic app and added it as a favourite in your essence ?
Heribert
Top 150 Contributor
Vorarlberg / Austria
Posts 804
Bronze Member
Heribert replied on Thu, Sep 15 2016 11:31 AM

Hi Michael,

* Yes, can you please do me the favour to try on your? 

* yes, it is stored in the favourites seen in beomusic app. I added it first on the computer and after having "unliked" it also again in Beomusic App

BV 11-46  / Beoplay V1 -40 / Apple TV 1+3 / Beosound Essence MK2 / BL3 / 2* BL11 / BL 6000 / BL 12-1 / BL 2000 / 3 * Beo4 /BL Converter 1611

Iceman10245
Top 500 Contributor
Berlin - Germany Nova Santa Ponsa-Islas Baleares
Posts 186
Bronze Member

So, ich habe den Sender jetzt mehrere Stunden gehört. Er lief konstant durch. Einmal ist er mir weggerutscht und ich hatte den nächsten Sender.

Hast du eine feste IP Adresse der Essence zugeordnet? Ich denke es liegt an deiner Internetverbindung oder direkt am Sender. Ich habe ein ähnliches Problem mit meinem "Mallorca Inselradio". Oftmals kein Empfang oder kontnuierlicher Abbruch nach einigen Minuten. Da liegt es aber am Sender und die Lautstärke ist zu anderen Internetsendern total übersteuert (zu laut). Da war der Empfang über die Essence beser als über die BS5 (die ist noch sensibler).  Dann hilft es auch nicht den Zwischenpuffer zu erhöhen.

BeoVision 7-40 HD-Modul, BeoViision 11-40, BeoVision 8 32" white + Floor Stand, 2x Apple TV 4 mit Kodi, DVD2, HDR2, BeoSound 9000 MKIII White Edition, 2x BeoSound Moment + Floor Stand, 2x BeoSound Stage, BeoSound Core, BeoSound 35 brass,  BeoSound 1 MKII + Floor Stand, 2x BeoSound 3, BeoSound 6, BeoSound 3200, BeoSound Essence ,  BeoPlay A9 Nordic Sky twilight, BeoPlay A8 MKII white + Floor Stand, BeoPlay A2 grey, 2x BeoPlay A3 white/bright blue, BeoPlay A1, 2x BeoPlay S3 white,   Beolit 12 (White Edition), Beogram TX2, BeoLab 5, BeoLab 3, BeoLab 7-4, BeoLab 8000 MKII, Beolab 11, 2x BeoLab 3500, 4x LC2, 4x Beo4 - MK1-3, BeoRemonte One BT, 2x BeoRemonte Halo, Audio Terminal, Beolink 1000, BeoLink 7000, 2x EarSet A8, 3x A9 Keyring, EarSet 2, Form2, BeoPlay H6, 3x BeoTime, Beowatch, 2x Lightmanager Pro+ B&o Version, 4x BeoCom5, Beoline2, 3x Speakerphone, BeoTalk 1200, 5x Cabinets, MLGW, BLGW, 

Steve_torque
Top 500 Contributor
Dorset, UK
Posts 145
Bronze Member
Hi Heribert,

I just tried it on my Essence mk2 and I can't play it on beomusic here in the UK either. Everything else works fine - apart from Superfly FM. It works when just played on the tunein app on my iPad though, strange!

Sorry couldn't help more, I don't know much about Internet radio, so can't offer a solution or answer why.
Steve_torque
Top 500 Contributor
Dorset, UK
Posts 145
Bronze Member
Stevegee:

Hi Heribert,

I just tried it on my Essence mk2 and I can't play it on beomusic here in the UK either. Everything else works fine - apart from Superfly FM. It works when just played on the tunein app on my iPad though, strange!

Sorry couldn't help more, I don't know much about Internet radio, so can't offer a solution or answer why.

Forgot to try on my A6, just did and same result. Guessing it's beomusic app not the device.
Heribert
Top 150 Contributor
Vorarlberg / Austria
Posts 804
Bronze Member
Heribert replied on Thu, Sep 15 2016 9:03 PM

Thank you both for testing. I was playing a little with my network settings, but without success.

One question: My essence has a LAN cable plugged in and also connects via WLan (Wifi) with my network. Which connection is used for the stream? can I decide this?

Steve_torque
Top 500 Contributor
Dorset, UK
Posts 145
Bronze Member
If its got a cable connection it uses that, if not (you unplug it) its wifi.
Aussie Michael
Top 25 Contributor
Melbourne, AU
Posts 3,730
Bronze Member
Heribert:

Hi Michael,

* Yes, can you please do me the favour to try on your?

* yes, it is stored in the favourites seen in beomusic app. I added it first on the computer and after having "unliked" it also again in Beomusic App

BV 11-46 / Apple TV 1+3 / Beomedia 1 / BL3 / 2* BL11 / BL 6000 / BL 2000 / 3 * Beo4 / Masterlink over Ethernet

Gday

So I opened the BeoMusic app under the BS1 and added Superfly FM to my favourites list which means that it will be available on my device as a station to switch between.

I can see it in my list

When I swipe on the top of my BS1 it doesn't play Superfly FM and skips to the next available station.

I did notice that when I tried to play Abalone it also is now unavailable.

That might be a tune in issue.
Chris
Top 75 Contributor
Ostend-BE
Posts 1,170
Bronze Member
Chris replied on Fri, Sep 16 2016 10:38 AM

This station changed its lifestream url and TuneIn did not updated it yet. Edit the station in the Tunein form on the their website and submit the new adress to the correct new url for this station on the form. In one day or a couple of days it will be corrected by TuneIn.

http://stream01.superfly.fm:8080/live.m3u

EDIT: In the mean time you can add the above stream url adress to TuneIn as a custom url on your TuneIn profile. It will be without the nice logo and will be the first on your profile... (as an interim solution to satisfy your wife)

"Believe nothing you read and only half of what you see, let your ears tell you the truth."

Heribert
Top 150 Contributor
Vorarlberg / Austria
Posts 804
Bronze Member
Heribert replied on Sun, Sep 18 2016 8:28 AM

@Chris: It finally works. I did as you suggested and sent a note to TuneIn. Then it took another hour and then it worked. The workaround did not succeed, it was alwasy greyed out in BeoMusic, even when it worked on the Mac. 

Chris
Top 75 Contributor
Ostend-BE
Posts 1,170
Bronze Member
Chris replied on Sun, Sep 18 2016 11:31 AM

Heribert:

@Chris: It finally works. I did as you suggested and sent a note to TuneIn. Then it took another hour and then it worked. The workaround did not succeed, it was alwasy greyed out in BeoMusic, even when it worked on the Mac. 

Hi Heribert

Are you sure its ok, that fast?

The station gives me a still a fault on the TuneIn website...

Normally it takes at most max. 48 hours to get a respons from the broadcast team at TuneIn.

I sended also the new url on the update page to their broadcast team and I'm waiting now to get a mail respons.

The url link I have giving you is indeed working on Safari and forwarded by me to TuneIn, but it could be that its not actually working on Beomusic.

It works on the Moment anyway.

To be continued...

"Believe nothing you read and only half of what you see, let your ears tell you the truth."

Heribert
Top 150 Contributor
Vorarlberg / Austria
Posts 804
Bronze Member
Heribert replied on Sun, Sep 18 2016 6:06 PM

TuneIn did not reply yet, but the sender started to work - perhaps they were already updating the station before I wrote. Most important: it works. Thanks again 

Mark-N
Top 500 Contributor
Maryland, USA
Posts 320
Bronze Member
Mark-N replied on Mon, Sep 19 2016 11:35 AM

Chris:

This station changed its lifestream url and TuneIn did not updated it yet. Edit the station in the Tunein form on the their website and submit the new adress to the correct new url for this station on the form. In one day or a couple of days it will be corrected by TuneIn.

http://stream01.superfly.fm:8080/live.m3u

Does this trick work for other stations?  Tunein can no longer play J-Pop Project Radio and I was wondering if I can find the stream address and do it this way.  Any way to find the stream address, if so???

Chris
Top 75 Contributor
Ostend-BE
Posts 1,170
Bronze Member
Chris replied on Mon, Sep 19 2016 12:07 PM

Mark-N:
Does this trick work for other stations?  Tunein can no longer play J-Pop Project Radio and I was wondering if I can find the stream address and do it this way.  Any way to find the stream address, if so???

Is this the the stream your looking for?

http://streaming.radionomy.com/J-PopProjectRadio?.mp3

Mark-N
Top 500 Contributor
Maryland, USA
Posts 320
Bronze Member
Mark-N replied on Mon, Sep 19 2016 1:01 PM

Thanks!  I will give it a try when I get home!  It would be nice to play this again directly from my Essence!

Mark-N
Top 500 Contributor
Maryland, USA
Posts 320
Bronze Member
Mark-N replied on Mon, Sep 19 2016 8:39 PM

Many many thanks! Tunein does not have very many J-Pop stations, and it hit me hard when Radionomy pulled J-Pop Project Radio and its sister station J-Idols Project Radio from Tunein.  These were my two favourties to use with the Essence.  They recommended the app which works fine from the iPad, but now I have them back with the Essence remote.  The Essence became much more valuable to me again now that Tunein has my stations!

Chris
Top 75 Contributor
Ostend-BE
Posts 1,170
Bronze Member
Chris replied on Tue, Sep 20 2016 7:58 AM

Mark-N:

Many many thanks! Tunein does not have very many J-Pop stations, and it hit me hard when Radionomy pulled J-Pop Project Radio and its sister station J-Idols Project Radio from Tunein.  These were my two favourties to use with the Essence.  They recommended the app which works fine from the iPad, but now I have them back with the Essence remote.  The Essence became much more valuable to me again now that Tunein has my stations!

Glad to be of help. TuneIn removed a lot of radio stations because of the lawsuit between Radionomy and Sony Music.

I noticed that in the mean time TuneIn updated also the streams for the Superfly FM radiostation from Austria.

A while ago TuneIn removed also all streams from Jazzradio.com. I have a subscription on Jazzradio.com, so the only way to listen to the stations again on my Moment was to add them as a custom URL, or use the Jazzradio.com app and listen with a Chromecast Audio.

I added them with a custom URL to my Moment and it works fine, only missing the logo's on my Jukebox screen but I have the music again... Smile

I noticed that TuneIn is really caring for its listeners, and if their is a radiostation changing its stream, submitting the form on their website with the new stream address you have is enough to have it back in no time.

Page 1 of 1 (19 items) | RSS