Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

new beosound (when?)

rated by 0 users
This post has 20 Replies | 1 Follower

koning
Top 25 Contributor
holland
Posts 4,220
Bronze Member
koning Posted: Sun, Sep 18 2016 10:45 AM

Can we expect a new beosound in the nearby future?

Any rumours?

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
Posts 14,680
Gold Member

Yes, the BeoSound 2.

MM

There is a tv - and there is a BV

koning
Top 25 Contributor
holland
Posts 4,220
Bronze Member
koning replied on Sun, Sep 18 2016 11:52 AM

No,I mean a complete new mainsystem

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
Posts 14,680
Gold Member

In a NL-setup there is no 'mainsystem'.

I guess you will have to get used to the B&O definition of a BeoSound nowadys.

I am not sure there will be another BeoSound without included speaker beside the BS Essence 2nd gen (and the BS Moment).

Today a lot of people use their BV as a sound system as well.

MM

koning
Top 25 Contributor
holland
Posts 4,220
Bronze Member
koning replied on Sun, Sep 18 2016 1:07 PM

I think that many dealers are waiting for a serious soundsystem from B&O.

BeoBoy68
Top 75 Contributor
Alsace 🇨🇵
Posts 1,247
Bronze Member
BeoBoy68 replied on Sun, Sep 18 2016 1:49 PM
koning:

I think that many dealers are waiting for a serious soundsystem from B&O.

Me too as consumer Yes - thumbs up

I am waiting for a new compact iconic sound system like this Big Smile

Sal
Top 75 Contributor
California, USA
Posts 1,197
Bronze Member
Sal replied on Sun, Sep 18 2016 6:24 PM

Millemissen:

In a NL-setup there is no 'mainsystem'.

I guess you will have to get used to the B&O definition of a BeoSound nowadys.

I am not sure there will be another BeoSound without included speaker beside the BS Essence 2nd gen (and the BS Moment).

Today a lot of people use their BV as a sound system as well.

MM

Although disappointing to some of us, I'm afraid MM might be right. The fact that B&O have labeled the BS 1 & 2 as "Beosounds" doesn't bode well for those of us who are awaiting something "new" in the sans-speaker Beosound department. Although I would have to disagree with MM in that there is no "main-system in an NL-setup." Technically that might be true, but I think intuitively one would think of a BV, or Moment, or something similar to be the "Main" system. I'd think of a main system to be one which does not move, or is not portable. But then again, as I've said in other threads, I might need to go back into my old-man corner again. LOL

Carolpa
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,700
Silver Member
Carolpa replied on Sun, Sep 18 2016 7:29 PM

Sal:
I'd think of a main system to be one which does not move, or is not portable

Moment, Essence mkii, Beoplay A9, Beoplay A6, Beosound 35.

And MM is correct: there is no main system anymore. All have and can have the same function in a NL system.

One can have a more iconic or sophisticated system and call it "main" system, but with NL, all audio systems are "equal"! 

this is, although portable,  also true for the BS1 & BS2

linder
Top 100 Contributor
United States
Posts 983
Bronze Member
linder replied on Sun, Sep 18 2016 10:06 PM

koning:

No,I mean a complete new mainsystem

What do you think this new main system should do or how it should be setup?  I am asking because I agree with you but I am not sure what it should be.  It should play all of the music file formats in use today including DSD.  I would also like streaming from Apple Music, Amazon, Spotify and others.  Should there be a CD player included?  As for the design, I think something like the Beocenter 9500.  I am not a fan of wood on the newer devices.

Brigantinus
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 140
Bronze Member

"What do you think this new main system should do or how it should be setup?"

What i have analyzed in many topics:

- It should look like the BS5 with touchscreen capabilities but fingerprint resistant,

- It should be possible to read all media file types ever invented, all streaming solutions have to be in the system integrated, high res files are most importantly to be played, because the BL90s need just the best.

- All "INs and OUTs" that were common in the last 40 years and are still in development.

- There should be a drive, which can play all formats, from vinyl record to 4K HDR Disks - oh we need video out too (don't forget SCART and HDMI 6.73)

- Produced in Denmark

Of course it must not cost more than €429, otherwise an iPad mini 4 is much better.....

P.S.: Don't take this comment too serious

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
Posts 14,680
Gold Member

....and it must be voicecontrolled (in danish, of course)!

MM

Aussie Michael
Top 25 Contributor
Melbourne, AU
Posts 3,730
Bronze Member
Haha. You have a GSOH :-)
Brigantinus
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 140
Bronze Member

MM tztztztztz..., in ALL of the ~ 6500 languages 

:D

Chris
Top 75 Contributor
Ostend-BE
Posts 1,170
Bronze Member
Chris replied on Mon, Sep 19 2016 10:52 AM

If there is NO  'main system' coming anymore, and the use will be from several 'sub' systems in future:

- I suggest to B&O that they made it possible to command every 'sub' system from any remote and not just purely the from the new BT One remote.

- Finally make a more user friendly BeoMusic app and make this useable on Android.

Some more points?

"Believe nothing you read and only half of what you see, let your ears tell you the truth."

Duels
Top 50 Contributor
England
Posts 2,553
Bronze Member
Duels replied on Mon, Sep 19 2016 11:02 AM
Brigantinus:

- It should look like the BS5 with touchscreen capabilities but fingerprint resistant,

- It should be possible to read all media file types ever invented, all streaming solutions have to be in the system integrated, high res files are most importantly to be played, because the BL90s need just the best.

- All "INs and OUTs" that were common in the last 40 years and are still in development.

- There should be a drive, which can play all formats, from vinyl record to 4K HDR Disks - oh we need video out too (don't forget SCART and HDMI 6.73)

- Produced in Denmark

Of course it must not cost more than €429, otherwise an iPad mini 4 is much better.....

Big SmileBig SmileBig SmileBig SmileBig Smile
Brigantinus
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 140
Bronze Member

Now serious - i don't think, there will be a new "main system in a classical way". An audiophile high end system to drive the BL90s would be too expensive to develop compared to the salaries. Just watch out the prizes of the famous high end manufacturers, just a part of BL90s owner would buy it. The invention of the BL90s was ok (90 years and the developement is going to flow in to the next speaker generations).

I think that most new Beosounds are going to be streaming devices with NetLink capacities, and there will always be just one System to control the music directly (like the BS Moment, maybe optional with a harddisc build in). But be realistic: if you are upset with the Moment, you are going to have the same problems with their successor. 1. Every user prefers a different usability or experience; 2. If an external company (Deezer, Spotify, Apple Music, TuneIn, ...) changes one screw the software has always been adjusted afterwards.

I think that the NetLink solution is wonderful, but you have to change completely your way of thinking. There is not one system in the main room and speakers in all other rooms any more. There is not one device heading for several speaker in different rooms. Now there are many systems and they communicate with each other. Even if a system looks like a speaker it's a "stand alone music system" and not just a speaker.

It's a powerful concept, but it requires a sort of brainwashing...       :D

kuyttendaele
Top 150 Contributor
Posts 707
Bronze Member

- It should look like the BS5 with touchscreen capabilities but fingerprint resistant,

- It should be possible to read all media file types ever invented, all streaming solutions have to be in the system integrated, high res files are most importantly to be played, because the BL90s need just the best.

- All "INs and OUTs" that were common in the last 40 years and are still in development.

- Produced in Denmark

[/quote]

Big SmileBig SmileBig SmileBig SmileBig Smile

[/quote]

and contain a microwave to warm pizza... and a freezer for Häagen-Dazs icecream...[quote user="Duels"][quote user="Brigantinus"]

CB
Top 75 Contributor
> You are Here <
Posts 1,762
Bronze Member
CB replied on Tue, Sep 20 2016 12:17 PM
linder:
What do you think this new main system should do or how it should be setup?

The parts you'll have to use (the physical object) need to be made by B&O.

The Essence way is the wrong way to my eyes... (read my "Essence first impression" thread)

B&O buyers want to have B&O stuff in their hands.
Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
Posts 14,680
Gold Member

@CB

what is 'B&O stuff'?

MM

Professor David A Flynn JP
Top 500 Contributor
Belfast, Northern Ireland
Posts 116
Bronze Member

A new Beosound in the future?  B&O would need to seriously think about manufacturing a turntable that will suit as the increase in vinyl sales have gone through the roof, the number of bands producing vinyl is massive got.

Professor David A Flynn JP LM

Big Smile

CB
Top 75 Contributor
> You are Here <
Posts 1,762
Bronze Member
CB replied on Tue, Sep 20 2016 4:19 PM

Millemissen:
@CB

what is 'B&O stuff'?

A physical object made by B&O.

May be more than just remotes with limited possibilities.

Page 1 of 1 (21 items) | RSS