Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

Beolab 14 passives with non bo amp?

rated by 0 users
This post has 3 Replies | 1 Follower

beobot
Not Ranked
Posts 14
Bronze Member
beobot Posted: Mon, Sep 19 2016 6:42 PM

I sold my earlier beolab 14, but buyer didnt have need of all passives - his choice. 

So now i have 2 bl14 passives which i want to use for my pc. I am planning touse them with a smsl q5 pro amplifier and an active sub (not yet bought),  in 2.1 setup. 

Anyone here who used bl14 passives with non bo equipment and what is your experience? 

leosgonewild
Top 50 Contributor
Helsinki, Finland
Posts 2,373
Bronze Member
I think the tonemeister recommended against this in a post when they were released, when I was asking to use cx100's with the s8 sub.

Why don't sell them here in the forum and get something else?

"You think we can slap some oak on this thing?"

Steve at Sounds Heavenly
Top 50 Contributor
The cable workshop, Leics, UK
Posts 2,165
Gold Member

Hi Beobot,

Unfortunately, the simple answer is "don't do it" Sad

The Beolab 14/S8 satellite speakers rely heavily on the processing and filters inside the subwoofer to protect them from overload and physical damage.  They simply won't cope with normal use on a conventional amplifier.

Unless you want to break them (maybe within a matter of a few minutes use), I would suggest selling them.  There are plenty of people willing to pay good money for extra Beolab 14 satellite speakers, so use the cash to buy something more suitable instead......

Kind regards, Steve/

Steve.

www.soundsheavenly.com

Founder of Sounds Heavenly Cables and Brand Ambassador for Bang & Olufsen

Sounds Heavenly are proud to sponsor BeoWorld!

Please check out my YouTube channel at https://youtube.com/soundsheavenlycables

beobot
Not Ranked
Posts 14
Bronze Member
beobot replied on Mon, Sep 19 2016 8:25 PM

That actually haven't crossed my mind, I wonder why i didn't think of that. Confused

Well i will se if I can sell them here in dk,  got the cables and wall mounts,  so it is perhaps easy enough.  

Thanks for the advice

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS