Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

Multiroom speaker for a bathroom

rated by 0 users
This post has 18 Replies | 1 Follower

keynesparis6
Not Ranked
Posts 26
Bronze Member
keynesparis6 Posted: Wed, Sep 21 2016 4:18 PM
Dear all,

My setup is located in my living room with a BV11, 2 BL18 and 2 BL17 + BS essence MKII. I would like to use multiroom in my bathroom (listening to news from the BV or music) but I don't know which speaker to buy and if, possibly, I should go for a play product or another essence + speaker.

I went and listened to the BS1 which I disliked a lot (but I didn't listen to BS2, as my dealer didn't have it yet) so I am now thinking of the A6. Also, i could just re-use my old beosound 8 and attach an essence to it.

Any thoughts about the quality of the A6 for such a purpose ? Any other ideas ? Big Smile

Thanks a lot !

KP6
Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
Posts 14,680
Gold Member

Since I/we don't know anything about your bathroom, it will be hard to say, whether this will fit in there or not!

Another possibility would be a second Essence 2nd gen with the remote-wheely and the speakers of you choice.

Or the BeoSound 35.

MM

There is a tv - and there is a BV

Chris Townsend
Top 50 Contributor
Qatar
Posts 3,531
Bronze Member
I would have thought the Beosound 1 would be perfect. Portable and Masterlink capable, if I'm not mistaken?

Beosound Stage, Beovision 8-40, Beolit 20, Beosound Explore.

Duels
Top 50 Contributor
England
Posts 2,553
Bronze Member
Duels replied on Wed, Sep 21 2016 5:32 PM
Personally I would avoid the A6 in s bathroom. The wool cover and moisture sounds like an extremely bad idea.
steve1977
Top 100 Contributor
Posts 911
Bronze Member
steve1977 replied on Wed, Sep 21 2016 5:47 PM

I am also looking for a bathroom speaker, but don't see any speaker in the current line-up matching my bathroom.

The BS1 or BS2 could work very well in a spacious modern bathroom.

Maybe there will be a Play product with NL in the future that could work even better.

Also, I am still hoping for a mobile outdoor speaker for garden parties.

leosgonewild
Top 50 Contributor
Helsinki, Finland
Posts 2,373
Bronze Member
I just removed the dock on my Beosound 8, and connected a Chromecast. I have a radio station constantly streaming to the Chromecast, that way I simply turn the BS8 on and off.

I am not sure how the chromecast integration works with your current system, but I think my setup would work just like a linkroom speaker.

"You think we can slap some oak on this thing?"

Razlaw
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 4,345
Bronze Member
Razlaw replied on Wed, Sep 21 2016 6:51 PM
I am having a similar question for a room in my house. I am currently using an old Beosound 1 but also want multiroom. I have considered an A6 or the new Beosound 1. I have a pair of Beolab 4000s I could also use by adding an Essence. If I can decide how and where to place the 4000s that is probably the best option for me, considering sound quality and price. The Beosound 35 is another option but would be the most expensive option and not sure how it would sound compared to the 4000s.

Beolab 28s Beolab 9s Beolab 12-3s Beolab 1s Beolab 6000s 2 pairs Beolab 4000s Beovision 7-55 Beovision 10-40 Beoplay V1 32 inch Beovision Avant 32 inch Beosound 1 (CD player) Beosound 3000 Beosound 5 Core Essence MKII Beoplay M5

mbee
Top 75 Contributor
Paris, France
Posts 1,842
Bronze Member
mbee replied on Wed, Sep 21 2016 7:02 PM

I'm also thinking of adding multi room to my new bathroom, and I think the solution will be in-ceiling speakers.

to drive them, a beosound Essence MKII connected to a Beolink passive amplifier. The last question is if I should go for Beovox 2-1, 2-2, or Focal or Triangle in wall... (celestial will surely be too expensive... I'm already hesitating for the beovox as I'm not sure there is enough value for money, but I have nowhere to listen to either Beovox or Focal or Triangle in wall...)

leosgonewild
Top 50 Contributor
Helsinki, Finland
Posts 2,373
Bronze Member
https://www.beoplay.com/landingpages/googlecast

beojeff
Top 50 Contributor
USA
Posts 2,012
Bronze Member
beojeff replied on Thu, Sep 22 2016 1:59 PM

While this isn't a NL solution, this could be an inexpensive and fun thing to try: A BeoPlay A1 paired with an Echo Dot. You could hang the A1 from a hook on the wall and it would be moisture-resistant. You could place the Echo Dot as far from moisture as possible. You would have complete voice control. For example, you could say "Alexa, play Jimmy Hendrix from Spotify" or "Alexa, increase the volume."

The key with any bathroom solution is to avoid physical contact with any device that is connected with the mains.

leosgonewild
Top 50 Contributor
Helsinki, Finland
Posts 2,373
Bronze Member
Here is a video of how mine works.

https://youtu.be/4c2HNAlc0sA

badgersurf
Top 150 Contributor
Posts 539
Gold Member

This is what I went for in my bathroom, I have an Essence Mk2 in the loft with a Beolink passive connected to the two beovox 1 in the bathroom wall.

The Speakers are in the wall boxes which I added as the wall was being built.

Sound great in a small bathroom but when I stand by the sink then I get music just out of the right hand speaker, so maybe this is where a mono speaker may be useful!

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
Posts 14,680
Gold Member

leosgonewild:
I just removed the dock on my Beosound 8,

And how did you do that?

---

When you use the Chromecast/s - how do you control the volume?

On the BS8 or with the app?

(Sorry for being off-topic, but it might be interesting for others too).

MM

leosgonewild
Top 50 Contributor
Helsinki, Finland
Posts 2,373
Bronze Member
To remove the dock I had to dismantle the whole unit. This was VERY easy following the repair manual.

Then I cut off the support plate on the dock and grinded it with sandpaper. I used white Sugru to fill the hole that was left after the 30-pin connector.

I have both Chromecasts set to 60% volume, so I control volume directly in the BS8 and Playmaker. On my way to the store to buy one for the Beolit 15 in the bedroom now Big Smile

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
Posts 14,680
Gold Member

@Leosgonewild

I guess I'll leave the dock on mine ;-)

Thanks for the tip regarding volume level.

MM

keynesparis6
Not Ranked
Posts 26
Bronze Member
You're right Big Smile I have some 1/2 square meter of free space on a wall, opposite to the shower. I guess the BL35 would be too big, and I'm not impressed by how it sounds..
Aussie Michael
Top 25 Contributor
Melbourne, AU
Posts 3,730
Bronze Member
keynesparis6:

Dear all,

My setup is located in my living room with a BV11, 2 BL18 and 2 BL17 + BS essence MKII. I would like to use multiroom in my bathroom (listening to news from the BV or music) but I don't know which speaker to buy and if, possibly, I should go for a play product or another essence + speaker.

I went and listened to the BS1 which I disliked a lot (but I didn't listen to BS2, as my dealer didn't have it yet) so I am now thinking of the A6. Also, i could just re-use my old beosound 8 and attach an essence to it.

Any thoughts about the quality of the A6 for such a purpose ? Any other ideas ?

Thanks a lot !

KP6

Ask to borrow a BS1 and see how it sounds in your bathroom. I bet it sounds better in there than the showroom.

The a6 and the 35 would be too big for a bathroom as would an essence and a pair of speakers

How about an a1 ?
Carolpa
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,700
Silver Member
Carolpa replied on Fri, Sep 23 2016 11:49 AM

Aussie Michael:
would be too big for a bathroom as would an essence and a pair of speakers
Actually I have an Essence mkII / mcl2p / Beovox 2 as my bathroom setup.

And the room is tiny............

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
Posts 14,680
Gold Member

Anything goes - as long as you are happy with it Smile

MM

Page 1 of 1 (19 items) | RSS