Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

Beo4 LCD replacement

rated by 0 users
This post has 4 Replies | 2 Followers

Saint Beogrowler
Top 150 Contributor
Saint Paul
Posts 780
Bronze Member
Saint Beogrowler Posted: Tue, Oct 4 2016 12:00 AM
The LCD screen in the BEO 4 is super easy to replace. Here are picture showing it.

4 screws.

This is what you'll see.

3 braces with 2 nuts each to remove

Rotate and remove LCD screen by gently lifting

Side view

What you'll see after you life the screen, remove the old foam

Foam gone

New included pads in place

Instructions

Old LCD below new one to be added

Strip lined up to be aligned with the connections, no dust or grease allowed here

Rotated PCB on to screen

Reassemble

Enjoy large screen single line display

Now I just need to learn to to operate my MX5000 with the Beo4

Saint Beogrowler
Top 150 Contributor
Saint Paul
Posts 780
Bronze Member
Lift vs life

Stripe vs strip

Beobuddy
Top 25 Contributor
Utrecht, The Netherlands
Posts 3,972
Founder

A MX7000 type 78xx or higher is suited for the BEo4.

Most instructions are the same for the BL1000 (originally for the MX5000) and Beo4. But turning the stand with the arrow buttons will respond different or not. Play will be Go, The coloured buttons will not work. (these are SHIFT + Arrow if I remenber correctly)

Guy
Top 50 Contributor
Warwickshire
Posts 2,590
Gold Member
Guy replied on Fri, Oct 7 2016 4:01 PM

Great thread with clear photos Peter - many thanks for taking the time to post.  I've done this process several times but never thought to document it for the benefit of others, so all credit for making the effort!   I've never worn gloves, but probably should!

Nikonitis
Not Ranked
Posts 1
Bronze Member

Hi, I appreciate this is a bit old but I wonder if you might be able to help. I have suffered the same fate as many other with a now non working Beo4 remote. I have attempted, using your images, to open up the back of the remote but I simply cannot get the 2 halves part and I suspect I might end up doing more damage than good trying. The little press stub at the top of the remote moves slightly but nothing else happens. I have tried prising it apart but I simply  don't know where to apply pressure and could break something. Any advice would be appreciated?

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS