Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

Dash Cam

rated by 0 users
This post has 5 Replies | 1 Follower

Stonk
Top 50 Contributor
Marlow, Bucks, UK
Posts 2,070
Bronze Member
Stonk Posted: Fri, Mar 2 2012 3:51 PM

It's funny how something so inexpensive can make you so pleased.

After watching too many youtube videos of Crash for Cash scams like THIS (yes that's in Russia but it's turning into big business here in the UK) I bought, from China, a mini black box dash camera that loop records whenever you have the ignition on. It cost all of about £16 delivered so I wasn't expecting much and do you know it's fantastic!

It stores numerous videos (you can set it to 2,5 or 10mins) in avi format onto an SD card and records over the oldest when full. It arrived this morning so I stuck it above the rearview mirror on our spare car and went out for a spin. I'm really impressed. It will live in that car now & I'm going to get two more for our main cars.

It's small enough not to get noticed and has a flip down LCD screen plus LED lenses for night though I haven't tried it in the dark yet.

HERE's a short video of it straight out of the box on medium quality but that appears good enough, though the youtube vid is a bit jittery it's not in reality. I'll add another post below with a link where I bought it from to avoid this post being pulled for containing too many links.

If you think nobody cares, try missing a couple of payments.

Stonk
Top 50 Contributor
Marlow, Bucks, UK
Posts 2,070
Bronze Member
Stonk replied on Fri, Mar 2 2012 4:00 PM

THIS is the one I bought from a site I've never used before but it arrived quickly. I did take out one of the joins in the bracket making it shorter so that it would fit above the rearview mirror and therefore hardly noticable. The lead for the 12v power socket is very long and I was able to poke it into the headlining, down the side, under the dash above the footwell to the socket and there was still plenty left. I just hope it's as easy for the other two cars.

I had to laugh at this guy's attempt to scam though

tournedos
Top 10 Contributor
Finland
Posts 7,357
Bronze Member

Really good quality for such a price! The battery seems to be from a Nokia phone Big Smile

--mika

Stonk
Top 50 Contributor
Marlow, Bucks, UK
Posts 2,070
Bronze Member
Stonk replied on Fri, Mar 2 2012 4:42 PM

tournedos:
Really good quality for such a price!

It is - how do they do it? I guess it's insourcing

Andrew
Top 100 Contributor
Frinton, UK
Posts 917
Bronze Member
Andrew replied on Wed, Mar 7 2012 1:32 PM

I didn't reaslise you could even get these - and now I want one!

Stonk
Top 50 Contributor
Marlow, Bucks, UK
Posts 2,070
Bronze Member
Stonk replied on Wed, Mar 7 2012 2:18 PM

Bizarrely, today I witnessed some guy in front of me sideswipe a parked car and drive off. The old boy who was sitting in the parked car couldn't believe his luck that I caught it on camera so at least someone's benefitted from it already. He wants to know where I got it so I've come on here to get my own link!Photobucket

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS