Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

Beocenter 9000 Tape issue (fully functional but no sound)

rated by 0 users
This post has 3 Replies | 2 Followers

kammeri
Not Ranked
Posts 49
Bronze Member
kammeri Posted: Sat, Oct 15 2016 4:23 PM

Hi!

After a few years lack of use the tape deck of our BC9000 produces no sound at all. I have checked the tape pulleys and capstans which work perfectly. There are no visible curls on the tape. There is no sound from either channel in tape mode. Not even static or any other noise from a poor connection etc. From the Radio and the CD the sound is fine.

Is there a capacitor in the deck likely to fail as in the CD mechanism? Or are there any other known issues for this kind of behavior? As mentioned the tape mechanism appears to function perfectly when inspected visually.

Regards!

kammeri
Not Ranked
Posts 49
Bronze Member
kammeri replied on Sat, Oct 22 2016 9:11 PM

Problem solved with the brilliant support of Beoworld member Dillen! 

The culprit was capacitor C21 controlling the Dolby circuitry on PCB 20. After replacing the cap the tape deck is full up and running again! 

Clive
Not Ranked
Adelaide
Posts 1
Bronze Member
Clive replied on Sat, Jun 23 2018 6:59 AM

I have just acquired a 9000 which cosmetically is in great shape however the tape has the same problem previously described. I was going to assume that the capacitor is a common culprit and replace it first however I am getting some background noise when I play a tape. Does anyone know if there are other common causes for the lack of sound, radio and CD are fine.

The other thing I need is a couple of door drive belts and while the unit is open I may as well change the tape mechanism belts.  Does Dillen still supply parts?

Dillen
Top 10 Contributor
Copenhagen / Denmark
Posts 13,191
Founder
Dillen replied on Sat, Jun 23 2018 8:51 AM

Beoadelaide:

The other thing I need is a couple of door drive belts and while the unit is open I may as well change the tape mechanism belts.  Does Dillen still supply parts?

Tape drive belts, yes.  Email or PM me.
Door belts, not at present.

Replace C21.

Martin 

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS