Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

H8 - Factory Certified : Feedback Please

rated by 0 users
This post has 6 Replies | 2 Followers

ssbrig
Not Ranked
Posts 37
Bronze Member
ssbrig Posted: Wed, Oct 26 2016 1:01 AM

I've followed the various posts on the H8 issues with Bluetooth connectivity (frequent drop outs).  I also know that many pairs that are returned under warranty are replaced with 'factory certified' headphones.  I'm astonished that B&O is doing this...but I'm hoping forum members might be able to :

1) describe your experience with a factory certified replacement pair of H8 headphones - do they work better than original?  were they in like-new condition?  

2) I understand there is a version 2 of the H8 that solved the issues the original series had with bluetooth.  Anyone have experience with v2 and can attest as to whether or not there is a difference in performance? The black color and the autumn/winter collection are v2 until all of the original grey hazel and natural color inventory is sold.

3) can the h8 play hi-res audio files of 192/24?

Duels
Top 50 Contributor
England
Posts 2,553
Bronze Member
Duels replied on Wed, Oct 26 2016 5:51 AM
I have a pair of black H8s and have never experienced a problem.
Mr 10Percent
Top 150 Contributor
So West, Its Now East
Posts 591
Bronze Member

Duels:

I have a very early set and have to say the same - no drop-outs for me. Watching the long threads on the H8, I'm convinced there is an external interference of some sort. However, some people may not be convinced.

Michael
Top 50 Contributor
Sweden
Posts 2,578
Bronze Member
Michael replied on Wed, Oct 26 2016 9:31 AM

Mr 10Percent:

Duels:

I have a very early set and have to say the same - no drop-outs for me. Watching the long threads on the H8, I'm convinced there is an external interference of some sort. However, some people may not be convinced.

I have had H8 since they launched and they had a severe antenna issue on the old hardware. I had major drop out issues in some surroundings. I would not say it is external interference, more that the antenna was badly designed. Which is true, since the reworked edition is much, much, much better. I now have the H8´s with new hardware (I got them in black to be sure) and they are way better. 

I can imagine that not all H8 (gen.1) owners notices the dropouts, because they might not use them the same way and maybe have different phones etc.  

Beolab 50, Beolab 8000 x 2, Beolab 4000 x 2, 
BeoSound Core, BeoSound 9000, BeoSound Century, 
BeoLit 15, BeoPlay A1, BeoPlay P2, BeoPlay H9 3rd Gen, BeoPlay H6, EarSet 3i, 
BeoVision Eclipse Gen 2 55", BeoPlay V1-40, 
BeoCom 6000 and so much else :)  

ssbrig
Not Ranked
Posts 37
Bronze Member
ssbrig replied on Wed, Oct 26 2016 1:37 PM

You're exactly right, there is definitely a design issue with the early sets/first generation otherwise B&O wouldn't be replacing all of them.  B&O has clearly recognized an inherent flaw with the original design and has been working to replace them with new and factory certified sets of H8

ssbrig
Not Ranked
Posts 37
Bronze Member
ssbrig replied on Wed, Oct 26 2016 1:37 PM

You're exactly right, there is definitely a design issue with the early sets/first generation otherwise B&O wouldn't be replacing all of them.  B&O has clearly recognized an inherent flaw with the original design and has been working to replace them with new and factory certified sets of H8

Mark
Not Ranked
Posts 37
Bronze Member
Mark replied on Wed, Oct 26 2016 7:32 PM

I had an early pair of H8 with lots of problems with dropouts and at times a hum in one ear. The replacement set were factory reconditioned with some minor cosmetic blemishes. They are definately better - no hum and dropouts are much fewer. Having nnot had the opportunity to try the '2nd Gen' versions I cannot say wheter there is any difference. 

I have kept the replacement pair (which implies they are OK) but the way this was handled (original packaging not returned and replacements previously used and marked) has let quite a large dent in my affections for B&O.

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS