Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

Beovision 9 in 'Safe Mode'

rated by 0 users
This post has 4 Replies | 1 Follower

silversmith
Not Ranked
Posts 22
Bronze Member
silversmith Posted: Thu, Oct 27 2016 1:31 PM

The problems continue.....

So I removed the screen to fix the black strip on the screen, reseated the ribbon cable and now the black strip has gone (for now). Turned TV on, but now it says 'Safe Mode'.  I'm also not getting the 'curtain effect' when you turn it on but I do get this when you turn it off.

As far as I know I've checked all connections and everything is fine.

Any ideas?

silversmith
Not Ranked
Posts 22
Bronze Member

*Update*

Just unplugged the infrared lead that sends the signal to the skybox and the TV works fine. So it looks like I'm not going to be able to use the beo4 to control Sky which is a little frustrating.

silversmith
Not Ranked
Posts 22
Bronze Member

*Update*

Just unplugged the infrared lead that sends the signal to the skybox and the TV works fine. So it looks like I'm not going to be able to use the beo4 to control Sky which is a little frustrating.

TWG
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,672
Gold Member
TWG replied on Fri, Oct 28 2016 8:22 AM

silversmith:

*Update*

Don't be frustrated about this little issue. Just get a new infrared cable from your dealer and you're fine. :-)

silversmith
Not Ranked
Posts 22
Bronze Member

Thanks, I had a moment of panic thinking I'd not put it all back together correctly. Thanks heavens for this forumBig Smile

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS